GDT: Buffalo at Pittsburgh 10-5-13 at 7PM

26CornerBlitz

Tallinder with another "upper body injury."

I think it's safe to say that giving up 40+ shots to the Pens tonight won't be in the Sabres best interest.

No special teams goals for or against in the first two games.

No James Neal for the Pens tonight, a break for the Sabres.

If puck possession stats remain the same tonight as they did the previous two nights, tonight could really get ugly. This team needs to be able to clear the puck much quicker, be tougher for opponents to enter the zone and also when attacking, keep the pressure on for more then just .15 seconds.

Miller is probably feeling nauseous now that the realization that he'll see 65 more games like last night has set in. Team trainers assuming it is food poisoning.

I think this is exactly how Miller wants the first half of the season to play out. With 1-0 wins, of course.

If puck possession stats remain the same tonight as they did the previous two nights, tonight could really get ugly. This team needs to be able to clear the puck much quicker, be tougher for opponents to enter the zone and also when attacking, keep the pressure on for more then just .15 seconds.

The good news is Pittsburgh is only a mediocre possession team. The bad news, of course, is the Sabres are an abysmal possession team.

Optional skate. My guess on the Hackett call up is he'll be backing up Enroth tonight. After the workload Miller had last night, my guess is Rolston wants him to get the night off even if things go south tonight. Smart move IMO.

@BuffNewsVogl

Updates: Miller is in Pittsburgh, Hackett is on roster exemption (meaning Miller still eligible to play), Rolston not at arena.

Archived