Job Performance Poll: Head Coach Ron Rolston

IKnowPhysics

Job Performance Poll: Head Coach Ron Rolston  

101 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the CURRENT AND PAST PERFORMANCE of Ron Rolston as the Head Coach of the Buffalo Sabres:

2. 2. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the EXPECTED FUTURE PERFORMANCE of Ron Rolston as the Head Coach of the Buffalo Sabres:

3. 3. On a scale from 1 to 10, rate the RESPONSIBILITY of Ron Rolston as the Head Coach of the Buffalo Sabres FOR THE CURRENT WIN/LOSS RECORD OF THE TEAM:

• 1 - Not Responsible at All for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team
    • 5 - Somewhat Repsonsible for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team
    • 10 - Entirely Responsible for the Current Win/Loss Record of the Team

The Sabres are in rebuild mode, we all agree. But there is no way this guy should be coaching these kids, yet alone any NHL team.

This team needs a proven coach, one who can teach, one who can flex his muscles by past coaching reputation, one who gets them to play the right way and hopefully have them learn how to win in time.

Ruff needed to go, it was clear, but RR has no business being in this league.

Darcy must go first, then the coach with him. The new GM needs to mould this team the right way, with his own coaching staff and go from there. The future of this team should not be with DR. Yes, he's picked up some great kids along the way, but it's time for someone new to steer this team in the right direction. And it's time for a real NHL coach, not RR. Sending out John Scott, down 2, with 15 minutes to go in a game, tells me he's more interested in frontier justice than he is trying to get another goal and try to tie the game. Bush league.

The Sabres are the laughing stock of the league. Terry Pegula??? Do something.

Maybe this point isn't just Rolston, although I think it is... but I think Grigirenko is basically ruined and I see no reason for him to not RUN back to russia when his contract is up at this point. I'm not saying I want this to happen, I'm saying he is probably thinking this way. I know "he has to earn ice time" and all that, but this kid was hailed as SUPER talented and he's being giving about 10:00 a night which sounds ok until you realize he's out there with no body most of the time and really can't "get going"... this kid doesn't look happy and this goes beyond the team losing type of not happy I think.

How can he be excited to come to the rink every day when he doesn't think he's being given a chance to succeed when he's on the ice with John Scott? I know it's his job and all that but come on, he's 19 and he's been told he's awesome since he was probably what, 13? or earlier? Now all he hears is that he's not working hard enough... so he gets crap time... yet when Leino comes back from injury, he'll get put on a decent line and won't produce and no one will say anything. Stafford had two decent games, but still produced ###### and we still suck. If you Grig's changed jersey's with either of those two, would anyone even notice???

So if we suck now with Grig's on the 4th line, who cares if we suck with him playing on a "top" or at least better line? I'd rather have him be a minus 3 while trying to see what he can do, have him really learn, have fun and be exciting, than what we have now, which is losing with him showing nothing and looking like a wasted high pick.

Really what he needs can't happen because of stupid rules... he needs to be in the AHL, playing a lot and riding buses. But since that isn't an option, just let him "develop" on the 4th line ? ugh, I don't like that option either.

I find it very interesting that the highest % of responses for each question are in the middle of the road/neutral category; that tells me that the majority of voters really don't have a strong opinion either way?

How could you not with this giant **** sandwich we are being offered? Seriously ...

My biggest beefs with him are 1) poor/ineffective player/line management, with the Grigo scenario being the most egregious. THis alone could be a fireable offense.....and 2) a clear regression from last year's post-Ruff quasi-righting of the ship.

I voted pretty harshly against him but I don't necessarily think he's a bad coach. But he definitely is not the right coach for this team. When I watch this team it looks like a team that is poorly coached. I just think his skill set is not suited for the set of "tools" he has here. I actually do like the aggressive style of play. I think Scott should be suspended however I don't think he's a goon for that hit. It was late and poorly placed but I do not think he attempted to hurt the player. The game surely moves a little too fast for Scott, that's obvious when you watch him skate. I think I could beat him to a puck. I like Scott's presence on the team. Ron needs to go, nothing personal but he's not the right guy for this job.

I find it very interesting that the highest % of responses for each question are in the middle of the road/neutral category; that tells me that the majority of voters really don't have a strong opinion either way?

How could you not with this giant **** sandwich we are being offered? Seriously ...

My biggest beefs with him are 1) poor/ineffective player/line management, with the Grigo scenario being the most egregious. THis alone could be a fireable offense.....and 2) a clear regression from last year's post-Ruff quasi-righting of the ship.

Maybe because most of us voted around the time the poll was created? You know, before the season started?

Lol, their goal is to finish last for at least this year and possibly next year...why would they want a coach that is going to win games?

Rolston is in a pretty unique position. The idea is to tank, and so they hire a coach who, while on the one hand will teach the kids the game, will also guarantee at least one season of tanking.

I think Regier and crew are gambling that Rolston doesn't finally figure out this whole NHL coaching thing by the beginning of next season. Perhaps they plan to give him two seasons to tank, and season three to audition for the "real" job after they get their picks.

So, Rolston gets two seasons of baptism by fire to learn how to win as an NHL coach. That's a gift to someone who never played in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.