rickshaw

Kaleta Should He stay or go?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kaleta

• Trade him?
    • Keep him?
    • Keep him only if he cleans up his act?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Edler-Slapped-Kaleta-To-Meet-The-Judge/6/54740

GARTH'S CORNER

NHL news by Garth • RSSArchiveCONTACT

Updated 3:50pm:

Point of clarification. Kaleta is not in NYC, according to a report.

TSN’s Darren Dreger tweeted that the NHL is still waiting for Sabres winger Pat Kaleta “to decide on in-person or conference call hearing”.

More to come…

3 for Elder is nuts. Looked like a good clean hit that the kid didn't absorb well. If he doesn't score 4 the other night is it the same?

Kaleta, eh, hard to tell from the one angle I saw, but if he threw a deliberate elbow to the head he's an idiot and I'd like to change my vote.

3 for Elder is nuts. Looked like a good clean hit that the kid didn't absorb well. If he doesn't score 4 the other night is it the same?

Kaleta, eh, hard to tell from the one angle I saw, but if he threw a deliberate elbow to the head he's an idiot and I'd like to change my vote.

I watched it over and over, I can't see how he could have got his elbow up that fast, the last you see of Kaleta's body his arms are still down, I think it was the shoulder that made contact. Still it's Kaleta and Shanahan has to be tough with someone.

As far as getting rid of Kaleta, I'd say no, if half of the players on this team played with the heart Kaleta plays with, they would be in a lot better position than they are now.

Kaleta has heart bla bla bla. So what? He gets suspended every year. EVERY year.

He's not to be relied on. Get rid of him. He's talked about in every hockey circle and it's not about his heart. He must go.

He's getting 12 games

Edited by rickshaw

Kaleta has heart bla bla bla. So what? He gets suspended every year. EVERY year.

He's not to be relied on. Get rid of him. He's talked about in every hockey circle and it's not about his heart. He must go.

He's getting 12 games

It is so much worse that he gets suspended for a half a dozen games out of 82 than if he floated around around the ice for 65 games.

No doubt I am a homer - it's really hard for me to be objective about my teams. That said, why is he suspended? For making a hockey play?

I wholly appreciate trying to take the hits that cross the line out of the game, and I'm fully aware that Kaleta has delivered more than a couple of those hits. But I just don't see where he did this time. I believe he was trying to light up Johnson, no doubt, but it wasn't a cheap shot and he wasn't head hunting. Not to my eyes, anyway.

And I voted keep him. He has heart, hustle, and entertainment value. This year's team needs all of those things.

Edited by Campy

They're denying him bail pending trial, huh? I still think ten games.

He should not get any, Johnson had the puck and Kaleta bumped him into the boards from the side while trying to bail on the hit at the last minute. This is just plain silly to me, I mean are they trying to legislate all heavy hitting out of the game completely?

He should not get any, Johnson had the puck and Kaleta bumped him into the boards from the side while trying to bail on the hit at the last minute. This is just plain silly to me, I mean are they trying to legislate all heavy hitting out of the game completely?

The more I look at it, the more I think there wasn't much of a hit.

Still ten games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.