All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

HE'S NOT HERE YET

On the way at least. My question is how accurate is Garth's write up?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/GrigoRochenko/6/59029

His play on the defensive side of the puck improved. His skating was improved. The kid transferred his Buffalo experiences back to Quebec where he became a more well-rounded player.

Looks like there would be 9 games left in the Amerks schedule if I did math right? I hope Grigorenko has improved and shows us a little something during that time. I think he still has a ton of potential and is still the highest offensively gifted forward in our pipeline. He needs to work hard and utilize his talent still but I will hold out hope.

Looks like there would be 9 games left in the Amerks schedule if I did math right? I hope Grigorenko has improved and shows us a little something during that time. I think he still has a ton of potential and is still the highest offensively gifted forward in our pipeline. He needs to work hard and utilize his talent still but I will hold out hope.

The Amerks are screwed if we can't give them their goalies back.

@kevinoDandC

Center Mikhail Grigorenko after his first practice with the #Amerks: "It's a good opportunity for me." (more)

Mikhail Grigorenko: "I'll show the new (#Sabres) GM (Tim Murray) and Ted Nolan I can maybe make the step to the NHL next season."

Mikhail Grigorenko skated with former Remparts linemate Freddy Roy in practice. #Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy wants to draw on familiarity.

#Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said there will be no "easing in" with Mikhail Grigorenko. They need him to produce. 0-7-2 past 9 games

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC

Center Mikhail Grigorenko after his first practice with the #Amerks: "It's a good opportunity for me." (more)...

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC

(cont.) Mikhail Grigorenko: "I'll show the new (#Sabres) GM (Tim Murray) and Ted Nolan I can maybe make the step to the NHL next season."

Good quotes from Mikhail. Hopefully he's been humbled. He might have gotten jerked around by Regier but it was probably a valuable learning experience if he can look at it with the right mindset.

Yea.. well the one thing I think every player will get from Nolan (TM wasn't around when it happened) is the straight poop on where a player stands. I'm guessing that Nolan laid things out for the guys were shipped out and that they are seeing just how much the remaining players want to play for Nolan. There's no doubt in Nolan being genuine.

We'll see just how much we wants to put into this game. Let's hope for the best.

Grigorenko says he's anxious to help Amerks

Kevin Oklobzija, March 31, 2014

The arrival of Mikhail Grigorenko with the Rochester Americans is a match made in hockey ...

OK, on second thought, I'm not going there. The last time hockey heaven was uttered in regard to the Buffalo Sabres, the organization managed to do the impossible: become the frozen purgatory of the NHL.

Let's instead just say Grigorenko joining the Amerks is a perfect match for player and team.

The talented centerman can show who he really is as a player, which is something Sabres general manager Tim Murray and coach Ted Nolan really want to know.

http://youtu.be/pR5VHoOQGkI

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Looks like Justin Kea is headed to the Amerks:

Detroit Red Wings and Buffalo Sabres assign Saginaw Spirit stars Jake Paterson and Justin Kea to AHL affiliates: http://www.mlive.com...nd_buffalo.html

forward Justin Kea, who was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres, was assigned to Buffalo’s AHL affiliate in Rochester.

Kea was selected by the Sabres in the third round of the 2012 NHL Draft, No. 73 overall. He tied a career high with 22 goals and set a new career high with 27 assists and 49 points in 2013-14, despite missing 10 games with a broken hand.

Looks like Justin Kea is headed to the Amerks:

Detroit Red Wings and Buffalo Sabres assign Saginaw Spirit stars Jake Paterson and Justin Kea to AHL affiliates: http://www.mlive.com...nd_buffalo.html

Not sure how much he'll help as I haven't seen a kid jump from juniors and immediately make an impact in a playoff run but he brings things the Amerks are in short supply of, size & toughness accompanied by scoring talent.

The Amerks games (a few of them) were on Time Warner earlier in the year. Am I missing it or is the current game on now?

If not, any idea why the Sabres don't televise more in Buffalo? I watch the Amerks whenver I can find them on.

You can watch the game for $4 at AHL live.

@SabresProspects

Nice period for Grigorenko. Looked comfortable both ways, punched a few shots, got some point work on PP. Centering Sundher/old pal Roy

http://youtu.be/7cgRmYUNTAg

@SabresProspects

Nice job by Dan Catenacci driving the net and tipping a Porter feed for the second Amerks goal. ROC leads SYR 3-0

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.