Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Funny how Emery always seems to go with guys that aren't really known as fighters.

This was his first fight since Biron.

Emery learned his lesson. Last time his team got jumped, he had Biron at his mercy and he wouldn't hit him. I mean, he literally could have teabagged Biron in front of 18,000 people. His reward for it was having goonball Peters jump him after Emery had already gone a round in his equipment.

That being said...no excuse to hit a guy in the back of the head when he is shying away. He should have just gotten revenge and teabagged Holtby this time. Then he could have argued he didn't want to risk giving him a concussion.

By the way, Holtby laughed it off at the end. I think he was just scared that a madman was after him more than not wanting to fight itself.

This was his first fight since Biron.

Emery learned his lesson. Last time his team got jumped, he had Biron at his mercy and he wouldn't hit him. I mean, he literally could have teabagged Biron in front of 18,000 people. His reward for it was having goonball Peters jump him after Emery had already gone a round in his equipment.

That being said...no excuse to hit a guy in the back of the head when he is shying away. He should have just gotten revenge and teabagged Holtby this time. Then he could have argued he didn't want to risk giving him a concussion.

By the way, Holtby laughed it off at the end. I think he was just scared that a madman was after him more than not wanting to fight itself.

Well Biron isn't exactly what I would call a fighter either which was kind of my point.

not sure if you are joking. but i actually agree. it was pretty messed up. jumped him. not sure if a suspension is the way to go, but it was a joke

I was maybe half joking. Goalie fights really shouldn't happen unless both goalies want to go. That's sorta the rule. Ray doesn't give a ######. He'll fight any goalie he knows he can beat. It's cheap and should be punished.

Wasnt Wahhh (Roy) charged or accused of domestic assault before?

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/23/sports/nhl-roy-is-charged-with-domestic-violence.html

Yea.. apparently late October is the time for goalies to beat their wives. (I actually think there is a statistic out there that shows October as being one of the higher violence months).

Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie was taken to a hospital with a concussion sustained during a 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals on Friday.

Downie, playing his first game for the Flyers after being acquired from the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, was injured during a fight with Aaron Volpatti late in the second period. He received a minor for instigating, a fighting major and a misconduct.

General manager Paul Holmgren said Downie was taken to University of Pennsylvania hospital for tests and observation.

Center Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries and may have lost some teeth during a third-period fight with Steve Oleksy.

Holmgren said neither player will take part in the Flyers' road game against the New Jersey Devilson Saturday.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689568&navid=nhl:topheads

Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie was taken to a hospital with a concussion sustained during a 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals on Friday.

Downie, playing his first game for the Flyers after being acquired from the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, was injured during a fight with Aaron Volpatti late in the second period. He received a minor for instigating, a fighting major and a misconduct.

General manager Paul Holmgren said Downie was taken to University of Pennsylvania hospital for tests and observation.

Center Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries and may have lost some teeth during a third-period fight with Steve Oleksy.

Holmgren said neither player will take part in the Flyers' road game against the New Jersey Devilson Saturday.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689568&navid=nhl:topheads

This is hilarious because when you watch the video, the announcers are soooo proud of what the Flyers are doing.

Anyone notice simmons drive through that player to start the whole Bruhaha ? If there's something happening between the flyers /Sabres a la Miller I hope that simmons ( spelling ? ) kid is coming back this way as a part of the deal. Wishful thinking ?

Simmonds is a thug. He'd be Shanahan's next scapegoat for sure.

I cannot believe no one tried to stop Emery. He absolutely dominated Holtby.

The referee was warning players away.

I was watching the game as it happened, it was very uncomfortable to watch.

Simmonds is a thug. He'd be Shanahan's next scapegoat for sure.

Simmonds dd nothing wrong. He knocked a player down with a clean hit and started a scrap with another player. The Flyers were lifeless and he was trying to inject some emotion. It was when Emery decided to get involved that things got out of hand. If there is secondary discipline it should fall heavily on Emery.

The referee was warning players away.

I was watching the game as it happened, it was very uncomfortable to watch.

Simmonds dd nothing wrong. He knocked a player down with a clean hit and started a scrap with another player. The Flyers were lifeless and he was trying to inject some emotion. It was when Emery decided to get involved that things got out of hand. If there is secondary discipline it should fall heavily on Emery.

I should be more specific. Simmonds in that game was fine. But he's just as risky as Kaleta when it comes to walking the line.

I should be more specific. Simmonds in that game was fine. But he's just as risky as Kaleta when it comes to walking the line.

There's nothing wrong with playing on the edge. Players like Kaleta and Simmonds have to go about things a little smarter. They are of no use to their teams in the penalty box or the press box. They have established reputations in the NHL, sometimes that is all you need. Kaleta plays as if he is still trying to establish himself. He should take a close look at Ott. Ott picks his spots. Teams are already looking over their shoulders and are aware when Ott is on the ice. Ott doesn't have to proves anything to anyone at this point.

:clapping: :lol:

@Proteautype

Remember, turn your clock back an hour tonight. If you're the Philadelphia Flyers, just leave your clock set to 1973 where it's always been.

@DStrehleTFP

Downie to be released from hospital tomorrow, out indefinitely w/concussion; Lecavalier day-to-day with facial contusion per Paul Holmgren.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There's nothing wrong with playing on the edge. Players like Kaleta and Simmonds have to go about things a little smarter. They are of no use to their teams in the penalty box or the press box. They have established reputations in the NHL, sometimes that is all you need. Kaleta plays as if he is still trying to establish himself. He should take a close look at Ott. Ott picks his spots. Teams are already looking over their shoulders and are aware when Ott is on the ice. Ott doesn't have to proves anything to anyone at this point.

Again, the point was that Simmonds would be Kaleta 2.0 here, if one buys into my belief that the league really loves sticking it to the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.