2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Translation. Possler done for the year: http://bloggar.expre...rs-sasong-over/

It's easy to suffer with Gustav Possler right now.

A few days ago , he left the JVM squad and investigations revealed that he was headed for surgery. Meanwhile, Markus Naslund clear that the club currently does not have an economy strong enough to replace him. Here you can read the article from last Thursday.

The damage is so severe that the season is over . I got the info yesterday that it involves an injury to the cruciate ligament and after the upcoming surgery waiting a long road back . The club works to as soon as possible to implement the procedure so Possler can start to look forward again.

I can not make a medical diagnosis with the four months to SM - finals is decided and it's probably a tough time frame to set up. Looking at others riding on ACL injuries, it is very individual how long it might take. Some may be back very quickly about various details along the way falls in the right place .

Having searched Possler and Naslund today to get some more answers , but failed.

We'll see exactly what the club will say but unfortunately we have probably seen the last of him for this season in SHL .

It's easy to suffer with Gustav Possler right now.

A few days ago , he left the JVM squad and investigations revealed that he was headed for surgery. Meanwhile, Markus Naslund clear that the club currently does not have an economy strong enough to replace him. Here you can read the article from last Thursday.

The damage is so severe that the season is over . I got the info yesterday that it involves an injury to the cruciate ligament and after the upcoming surgery waiting a long road back . The club works to as soon as possible to implement the procedure so Possler can start to look forward again.

I can not make a medical diagnosis with the four months to SM - finals is decided and it's probably a tough time frame to set up. Looking at others riding on ACL injuries, it is very individual how long it might take. Some may be back very quickly about various details along the way falls in the right place .

Having searched Possler and Naslund today to get some more answers , but failed.

We'll see exactly what the club will say but unfortunately we have probably seen the last of him for this season in SHL .

Thanks for translating.

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT (12/23/13)

Justin Bailey gets back on track in Kitchener; Possler shutdown for the season

With the holiday break right around the corner, a handful of Buffalo Sabres prospects were busy doing last minute statistical shopping, before enjoying some home cooking and mental rest in preparation for the second half of the season.

Kitchener forward Justin Bailey (2013, second round) scored his 12th goal of the year Friday as the Rangers dropped a 5-4 decision to Sault Ste. Marie. The seeing-eye marker sends Bailey to the break with goals in three of his last four games, and a total of 23 points through 34 season appearances. Kitchener gets back to work Saturday versus Erie.

Also from Friday, Justin Kea (2012, third round) recorded one assist as Saginaw was blown out by Windsor 11-6. The helper gives the grinding forward points in four of his last five contests for a total of 31 (13+18) on the year. The Spirit will get a chance to avenge the lopsided loss when the two clubs resume the schedule on Dec. 28.

Brady Austin (2012, seventh round) logged a plus-one rating as London was defeated by Niagara 6-5. The towering defender has collected points and a plus-19 rating for the Knights. London is off until Dec. 29 when they visit Plymouth.

@SabresProspects: Mikhail Grigorenko notched a goal and two assists as RUS earned a 4-1 exhibition win over GER. Nikita Zadorov picked up an assist. #Sabres

Grigorenko is still talented.

I'm not saying he's terrible but not going to throw him a parade either. He played against Germany. They are not exactly world beaters.

I am very interested in Grigorenko's performance. His issues have revolved around being in the NHL too early, not lack of ability.

He did well in this tourney as an 18-year-old; as a 19-year-old he should dominate.

Can't wait to see how he performs against the loaded Canadian WJC Team.

I'm not saying he's terrible but not going to throw him a parade either. He played against Germany. They are not exactly world beaters.

Nobody is throwing him a parade. Nobody is even getting remotely excited about it. It's just noting what everybody already knows: he's got a world of talent.

In my opinion, it's just that he just hasn't gotten a chance and still hasn't adjusted to the NHL game.

I am very interested in Grigorenko's performance. His issues have revolved around being in the NHL too early, not lack of ability.

He did well in this tourney as an 18-year-old; as a 19-year-old he should dominate.

For sure.

Edited by DStebb

Surprised he's back so soon and not on the US WJC Team:

@MiHockeyNow

JT Compher scores a shorthanded breakaway goal to open the scoring. 1-0 @umichhockey lead. #Wolverines #Broncos

Here's the video courtesy of Kris Baker at Sabresprospects.com:

Awesome goal by Compher *and* a great job by Michigan in showing how cool a gold (maize?) sweater can look if you do it right.

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT (12/30/13)

Compher makes a speedy return; Bailey and Malone continue to heat up

By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

Hometown products Justin Bailey and Sean Malone both continue to heat up for their respective squads; Michigan’s J.T. Compher made a speedy return from injury, while Connor Hurley looks to get settled in his new USHL home. It’s all in this week’s Sabres Prospects Report.

@aalexnil

Grigorenko on Swedish TV: "I want to win everything. WJC, OG and Stanley Cup. I want to be MVP in the NHL." #Sabres @SabresProspects 1/6

"I really hope we can win gold here. I want to score as many points as possible."

"The best way I can help the team is to create offense, score goals and assists"

"Our coaches don't let us watch the games. I guess it about pschyologi."

"We are more organized this year. We have more hard working players now"

"We are more organized this year. We have more hard working players now. We play like a team"

@aalexnil

Grigorenko on Swedish TV: "I want to win everything. WJC, OG and Stanley Cup. I want to be MVP in the NHL." #Sabres @SabresProspects 1/6

"I really hope we can win gold here. I want to score as many points as possible."

"The best way I can help the team is to create offense, score goals and assists"

"Our coaches don't let us watch the games. I guess it about pschyologi."

"We are more organized this year. We have more hard working players now"

"We are more organized this year. We have more hard working players now. We play like a team"

I suppose he has the desire but can he put it all together. Hopefully Regier didn't stunt his developement with what could possibly go down as the worst player/prospect management EVER.

I suppose he has the desire but can he put it all together. Hopefully Regier didn't stunt his developement with what could possibly go down as the worst player/prospect management EVER.

I think it was a lose/lose situation, if he were still in Quebec scoring 100 points in 60 games we'd be saying the same thing.

Surprised he's back so soon and not on the US WJC Team:

@MiHockeyNow

JT Compher scores a shorthanded breakaway goal to open the scoring. 1-0 @umichhockey lead. #Wolverines #Broncos

He got hurt while cuts were approaching. Otherwise he was a lock to be on the team.

Maybe he's just not good enough

I honestly think it's just a matter of giving him a chance. Even if you tell him "look, we're going to give you ice time. We're not expecting a lot. Just got out there and watch everything. See the play develop. Even if you don't capitalize at least watch the play develop." Sitting him allows him to watch from the press box. Giving him minutes allows him to watch from ice level. I don't care. This season is a lost cause. Quit trying to force ###### veterans into play and let's see what the young ones can do.

Giving him minutes allows him to watch from ice level. I don't care. This season is a lost cause. Quit trying to force ###### veterans into play and let's see what the young ones can do.

Generally, I agree except, it probably important for Nolan to figure out which guys can show leadership and effort consistently and which guys might have trade value. I think the Sabres are playing better. The D is coming around, though I think Sulzer is expendable, could ship him to Edmonton with another D for a high draft pick?? Just saying, before Nolan came in I don't think any of the guys would be worth much.

Would still love to see Stafford gone. I do think Grigerenko is finally getting the idea of the work and effort he needs to put in. I am starting to see it in his night in night out effort, bout time. So giving him ice time now is probably a good thing.

I was really worried he would be a bust. I hope he keeps taking skating lessons, really his only glaring weakeness besides the perceived effort concerns.

Edited by North Buffalo

Was it it me or did Grigorenko look good in the last couple games he played for Buffalo? I mean we are talking like this guy came in and pulled a Bernier or a Boyes. He has gotten better and he continues to get better. As a 19yr old to be able to play in the NHL is an accomplishment. I think with Zadorov here and Grigs getting better that this conversation is very premature. I have liked what I saw from Grigorenko thus far because I have seen improvement and that is the key thing we should be looking for out of 19yr old kid.

Grigorenko's shown as much or more than Ryan Strome and is a year younger.

Is anyone giving up on Strome?

Strome has a much better resume. So far the only place Grigorenko has done well is the Q. Strome has averaged more than 1 PPG in the OHL and AHL.