2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Probably just the one game and then he will go back down. Just giving everyone a look before the break. Have to figure a lot of wheeling and dealing will take place during this 2 week break.

Should make for a very exciting stretch from post-Olympics to the deadline.

Edited by sicknfla

Probably just the one game and then he will go back down. Just giving everyone a look before the break. Have to figure a lot of wheeling and dealing will take place during this 2 week break.

roster freeze during the break. Not sure that they can "wheel and deal" until after said break is over.

There are rules on who can be sent down to the AHL during the Olympic break.

Rule 1 (87-day player): If a waiver-exempt player has been on the NHL roster for 75 percent of the season (87 days) before this Friday at 5pm, and remains on the NHL roster past 5pm Friday, then they cannot play in the AHL during the olympic break. Another part of the rule is they cannot play in in their NHL team's last game before the break. So this means that they need to be sent down before 5pm on Friday and not play in the sabre's last game.

Rule 2 (16/20 game player): Waiver-exempt players who play in 16 of the last 20 nhl games before the olympic break, cannot play in the AHL during the olympic break regardless.

So that's confusing, but what this means is a player like Varone doesn't qualify for either of those rules, and can be sent down to play in the AHL during the break regardless of if if plays after the Jan.24 deadline. And for a player like pysyk (who I believe has been on the sabres for 87 days), they would need to send him down before this Friday at 5 if they want him to play throughout the olympic break.

Edited by Numark

There are rules on who can be sent down to the AHL during the Olympic break.

Rule 1 (87-day player): If a waiver-exempt player has been on the NHL roster for 75 percent of the season (87 days) before this Friday at 5pm, and remains on the NHL roster past 5pm Friday, then they cannot play in the AHL during the olympic break. Another part of the rule is they cannot play in in their NHL team's last game before the break. So this means that they need to be sent down before 5pm on Friday and not play in the sabre's last game.

Rule 2 (16/20 game player): Waiver-exempt players who play in 16 of the last 20 nhl games before the olympic break, cannot play in the AHL during the olympic break regardless.

So that's confusing, but what this means is a player like Varone doesn't qualify for either of those rules, and can be sent down to play in the AHL during the break regardless of if if plays after the Jan.24 deadline. And for a player like pysyk (who I believe has been on the sabres for 87 days), they would need to send him down before this Friday at 5 if they want him to play throughout the olympic break.

wow. that helps a ton! thanks for the info!!

Do you think Varone is getting traded?

For Patrick Kane :P

Sorry, couldn't resist........

Are you sure they can wheel and deal during the 2 week freeze?

For Patrick Kane :P

Sorry, couldn't resist........

Are you sure they can wheel and deal during the 2 week freeze?

You don't think two GM's can pick up the phone and discuss trades? Not like they are all getting a 2 week vacation.

Do you think Varone is getting traded?

Highly unlikely but maybe they want him to see how he will do if a few current players are moved.

Thanks sick and tank, and sick, yes, i wasn't aware they could even approach discussions during the freeze. It's not something I payed attention to the prior Olympic breaks, just an FYI for ya.....but thanks again for the info.......

I didn't mean for my post to sound like i was being a smart ass if it did. A lot of these GM's are like a good ole boys club and i think would talk to one another even if they were not supposed to. I just think it is too important of time of year to just shut down completely.

I hear you with not staying up on things as much in the past. Crazy what being so lousy will do. I never even used to care about the draft. It was in June and i was golfing. Could care less. Now it's all we have.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like i was being a smart ass if it did. A lot of these GM's are like a good ole boys club and i think would talk to one another even if they were not supposed to. I just think it is too important of time of year to just shut down completely.

I hear you with not staying up on things as much in the past. Crazy what being so lousy will do. I never even used to care about the draft. It was in June and i was golfing. Could care less. Now it's all we have.

No biggie man and I hear ya on paying attention. It seems as though these past 4 years I've been learning all kinds of details as I dive into the team as a whole. It shows that I'm emotionally vested in not just the sport, but the team particularly. And that says alot considering I was born the same year the team was. I remember the 80's with them quite well, back when I was 10 to 13/14 years old I kept files on each player and updated them each game with G, A, GAA's and so on. Not since then have I been so vested in the team as I am now.

No biggie man and I hear ya on paying attention. It seems as though these past 4 years I've been learning all kinds of details as I dive into the tab as a whole. It shows that I'm emotionally vested in not just the sport, but the team particularly. And that says alot considering I was born the same year the team was. I remember the 80's with them quite well, back when I was 10 to 13/14 years old I kept files on each player and updated them each game with G, A, GAA's and so on. Not since then have I been so vested in the team as I am now.

We were born around the same time. I will never forget being in my late teens early twenties and going to Garcia's Irish Pub before the game and then making that walk to the Aud. Didn't matter how cold or crappy out it was a great walk. Then we would go back to Garcia's either happy or pissed. Either way i usually ended up drunk. Been in Florida for 18 years and really miss those days.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres13s

#Sabres D at practice are Ehrhoff, McBain, Myers, Sulzer, Tallinder, Weber.

No Pysyk. Must be going down.

Is anybody opposed to me starting a "Sabres Dailey Transaction and Lineup news" thread. It would be a place to go to post any practice notes, callups, demotions and potential lineup changes.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres13s

#Sabres D at practice are Ehrhoff, McBain, Myers, Sulzer, Tallinder, Weber.

No Pysyk. Must be going down.

Is anybody opposed to me starting a "Sabres Dailey Transaction and Lineup news" thread. It would be a place to go to post any practice notes, callups, demotions and potential lineup changes.

Only if it is locked to only you or the Mods. That way it doesnt get cluttered and we can actually see what is happening. Then we can discuss the moves in this thread.

The Sabres want Pysyk to continue playing during the Olympic break.

It's so pysyk can play in The ahl during the Olympic break. He had to get sent down before 5

Got it. I didn't know that there was a deadline today for that (and why?).