The other sports thread

Eleven

Not sure if this is the proper place or not, but I played probably the best round of golf I've ever played today. Shot an 87 with a 40 back 9. From hole 8 to hole 14 I shot even with two birdies and an eagle putt. 

Nice! I shot an 85 the day before my wedding. 9 pars. That's easily 6-7 strokes better than my average.

Thought that was a pretty good omen for the wedding day. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I know almost nobody else here likes the NBA, but I'll ask anyway: anyone following this DeAndre Jordan saga? This is the weirdest, most amazing thing to ever happen in free agency.

Some NBA player transferred to FSU to punch a chick in a bar? :huh:

That WOULD be weird and amazing as well. ;)

:p

I know almost nobody else here likes the NBA, but I'll ask anyway: anyone following this DeAndre Jordan saga? This is the weirdest, most amazing thing to ever happen in free agency. 

Care to fill us in for the curious-but-dont-want-to-read-an-NBA-article types?  :blush:

Care to fill us in for the curious-but-dont-want-to-read-an-NBA-article types? :blush:

The NBA has a moratorium period where players can talk deals with teams but not sign them. The moratorium ends today.

About a week ago DeAndre Jordan made a surprise move to commit to the Dallas Mavericks. Late Tuesday night reports came out that he was reconsidering and that the Clippers players were flying out to Jordan's home in Texas to meet with him. Come yesterday they were all tweeting out emojis of airplanes and cars which was pretty funny. A ton of people weighed in on this new emoji battle, including Kobe who was confused and the Golden State Warriors Twitter account which put out a trophy emoji (well played).

Suddenly reports came out that he was leaning towards staying with the Clippers and was refusing to answer calls or texts from Mark Cuban and their lead recruiter/player Chandler Parsons. Eventually people jokes about the Clippers players locking him in which led to this awesome tweet from Clippers star Blake Griffin: https://twitter.com/blakegriffin32/status/618960135050825729

Jordan eventually ended up signing back with the Clippers.

Chris Broussard of ESPN tweeted that family and friends of Jordan had said that Mark Cuban was driving around Houston mad trying to get them to give him Jordan's address. Cuban told Broussard that's . Oooooo the drama.

The NBA has a moratorium period where players can talk deals with teams but not sign them. The moratorium ends today.

About a week ago DeAndre Jordan made a surprise move to commit to the Dallas Mavericks. Late Tuesday night reports came out that he was reconsidering and that the Clippers players were flying out to Jordan's home in Texas to meet with him. Come yesterday they were all tweeting out emojis of airplanes and cars which was pretty funny. A ton of people weighed in on this new emoji battle, including Kobe who was confused and the Golden State Warriors Twitter account which put out a trophy emoji (well played).

Suddenly reports came out that he was leaning towards staying with the Clippers and was refusing to answer calls or texts from Mark Cuban and their lead recruiter/player Chandler Parsons. Eventually people jokes about the Clippers players locking him in which led to this awesome tweet from Clippers star Blake Griffin: https://twitter.com/blakegriffin32/status/618960135050825729

Jordan eventually ended up signing back with the Clippers.

Chris Broussard of ESPN tweeted that family and friends of Jordan had said that Mark Cuban was driving around Houston mad trying to get them to give him Jordan's address. Cuban told Broussard that's ######. Oooooo the drama.

Thanks. That was fun/interesting.

Don't really know what Cuban could be upset about since there was no deal signed and he reconsidered after support from his teammates. Then again I always side with players during FA as that is there one chance to dictate the terms of their careers.

Thanks. That was fun/interesting.

Don't really know what Cuban could be upset about since there was no deal signed and he reconsidered after support from his teammates. Then again I always side with players during FA as that is there one chance to dictate the terms of their careers.

When you build your entire team and every offseason move around this signing, then yea, I think it's very justified for him to be upset. Tack onto that the fact that Jordan wouldn't even talk to him yesterday, and it's pretty bad. I'm fine with a guy changing his mind, but Cuban is certainly justified.

When you build your entire team and every offseason move around this signing, then yea, I think it's very justified for him to be upset. Tack onto that the fact that Jordan wouldn't even talk to him yesterday, and it's pretty bad. I'm fine with a guy changing his mind, but Cuban is certainly justified.

I don't know anything about the story other than the 1 minute summary by Hoss above. But the free agency period just opened right? I don't understand how that could ruin the Mav's plans on day one. It sucks yes, but missing out on your FA target is not the end of the world IMO.

Unless i'm missing something. I would love to hear rebuttals on this.

I don't know anything about the story other than the 1 minute summary by Hoss above. But the free agency period just opened right? I don't understand how that could ruin the Mav's plans on day one. It sucks yes, but missing out on your FA target is not the end of the world IMO.

Unless i'm missing something. I would love to hear rebuttals on this.

The free agency interview period began on July 1, just no actual contracts could be signed until today. Jordan reneged last night, a full week after negotiations could begin...so basically every UFA has already committed to teams. The Mavs definitely just got bent over.

The free agency interview period began on July 1, just no actual contracts could be signed until today. Jordan reneged last night, a full week after negotiations could begin...so basically every UFA has already committed to teams. The Mavs definitely just got bent over.

Ahh so the NBA version of this 'negotiation period' is much different than the NHL version, in that mostly everyone has found a dance partner by the time the music stops. I see where the trouble is for Mr. Cuban's poop chute is now.

The system will be gone by next year according to some execs today. Teams are pissed at DeAndre Jordan for the can of worms he just opened. He's not THAT good so he won't get the hate LeBron got but what he just did is far worse. Refusing to talk to the team you committed to originally? Weak.

I guess one idea is to maintain the current system but push it back until the salary cap numbers are determined.

"How great were you, today?" 1st question to Djokovic after winning Wimbledon. Seriously? You watched him play 4 sets and that was your lead question?

Followed up w/ an Andrea Kramer minute long statement. For the love of all that is holy, can ANYBODY running these things hire a Costas or Vissar to handle these moments?