The other sports thread

Eleven

Did you see the Oregon players doing the Seminole chant saying "nooo means noooooo"

Classless. Not to mention the fact that three Oregon basketball players were investigated for sexual assault.

Was that before or after FSU slighted them by refusing to shake hands?

To be clear: Jameis stayed to shake hands. His teammates didn't.

Things you won't see ND or Stanford doing.

It's hard to do the tomahawk chop in handcuffs I guess. http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/jun/17/former-fitch-standout-faces-assault-char/

Edited by Tank

Classless. Not to mention the fact that three Oregon basketball players were investigated for sexual assault.

To be clear: Jameis stayed to shake hands. His teammates didn't.

It's hard to do the tomahawk chop in handcuffs I guess. http://www.vindy.com...s-assault-char/

http://www.wfmj.com/story/25964233/former-fitch-football-standout-no-longer-at-notre-dame

Well duh. I don't think too many schools would put up with that. Just like Oregon is punishing the players for that. He was still a Notre Dame player when he did it.

Your obsession with claiming that ND/Stanford is perfect is funny. They're not. They have their fair share of punks like the rest. Maybe a little less but they still have them.

Well duh. I don't think too many schools would put up with that. Just like Oregon is punishing the players for that. He was still a Notre Dame player when he did it.

Your obsession with claiming that ND/Stanford is perfect is funny. They're not. They have their fair share of punks like the rest. Maybe a little less but they still have them.

I don't think they're perfect; I don't think they put up with much, either. Winston would not have been on those teams. Or Northwestern. Or a bunch of others. Didn't ND just suspend a starting QB for an entire season? If you think every school acts like football is paramount to education and character, you're fooling yourself.

I don't think they're perfect; I don't think they put up with much, either. Winston would not have been on those teams. Or Northwestern. Or a bunch of others. Didn't ND just suspend a starting QB for an entire season? If you think every school acts like football is paramount to education and character, you're fooling yourself.

Thats funny because I think you're fooling yourself.

At those schools his suspension wouldve been longer, but he wouldn't have been kicked off the teams. His only legitimate miscues were the crab leg theft and what he said in the student commons (which many people and likely players have done similar things). He's more scrutinized because he's good and other reasons we won't mention.

Thats funny because I think you're fooling yourself.

At those schools his suspension wouldve been longer, but he wouldn't have been kicked off the teams. His only legitimate miscues were the crab leg theft and what he said in the student commons (which many people and likely players have done similar things). He's more scrutinized because he's good and other reasons we won't mention.

We can mention the other reason, that he's black, and I think it's legitimate to talk about it. And I'm actually going to reverse position somewhat on Oregon. Back in 2008, it suspended LaGarrette Blount, who is black, for getting into a post-game fight with a Boise State player, a linebacker I think, who is white. The Boise State player instigated the incident and initiated contact. No / minimal discipline for him.

Now, back to Florida State. It inserted itself into the investigation of Winston. It did whatever it could to protect him. Do you think all schools do that? They're not called the "Criminoles" for nothing.

And as for academics, I think "shapes and colors" is still a major at Florida State. I'll try to find a current course catalog.

LOL at Jameson, his little outbursts on the sidelines and at FSU, the Home of EJ Manuel!

Jameis is a mental midget. I wouldn't draft him in any round. In his post game presser, he says lose isn't is his vocabulary. Hey numb nuts, you just effing said the word.

Edited by inkman

"Terrible accuracy" because of a few imperfect throws early. Accuracy isn't a big issue with him.

For the record, Winston is a better on-the-field prospect than Mariota... Or Griffin... Or any QB since Luck.

He missed some easy throws throughout the game. Throwing behind your receiver is imperfect, missing him completely is another thing entirely. The knock I've heard on Mariota is that his accuracy looks good on paper because Oregon's schemes allow him to throw to wide open receivers.

As for Winston, this made me laugh

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/01/jimbo-fisher-to-jameis-winston-if-you-dont-calm-the-down-youre-going-to-the-bench/

So Stuart Scott died this morning (cancer). I remember watching him shortly after the ESPN2 NHL tv contract was signed. Back when you could see hockey highlights on a highlights show with ESPN's name on it. I didn't release until today and watching some of the tributes to him that I got my love and overuse of the phrase boo-ya from him.

So Stuart Scott died this morning (cancer). I remember watching him shortly after the ESPN2 NHL tv contract was signed. Back when you could see hockey highlights on a highlights show with ESPN's name on it. I didn't release until today and watching some of the tributes to him that I got my love and overuse of the phrase boo-ya from him.

One of the best anchors ever.

###### cancer.

The amount of holding I've seen on Suh is brutal. Both of his sacks came on plays in which he was held...

Yes, I know "there are holds on every play" (there basically is), but these holds are coming when the Lions are getting close to Romo which is when it should be called.

While sitting in a room that was a shrine to John Smoltz, John Smoltz was "humbled beyond belief" that he was elected.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'd have my own jersey framed and hanging in my man cave. Glavine and Maddux jerseys would have been cooler.