Century 16 Movie Theater shooting in Aurora

LastPommerFan

Thanks Chz.

This whole thing is such a mess, and the news coverage is just so poor. They're digging for every little piece of gossip they can find instead of reporting actual news. I don't want to see what Jessica Ghawi's "final tweets" were. That's not news.

Ugh.

Thanks Chz.

This whole thing is such a mess, and the news coverage is just so poor. They're digging for every little piece of gossip they can find instead of reporting actual news. I don't want to see what Jessica Ghawi's "final tweets" were. That's not news.

Ugh.

I actually followed her on twitter. She was a pretty funny lady. It's odd how you can feel so close to someone you've never met.

CNN reporter to a victim "When you close your eyes, what's the first thing you see over and over?"

What the ###### kind of question is that?

This isn't news, it's sound byte cultivation.

I actually followed her on twitter. She was a pretty funny lady. It's odd how you can feel so close to someone you've never met.

Agreed. Her experience is quite the story.

Anything that is released other than a news article/TV broadcast of it is beyond morbid to me. Having 911 calls and even tweets really disgusts me what these reporters will do for a "story". I understand the purpose but it's like taking pictures of a car on fire while someone is burning alive on the inside.

Anything that is released other than a news article/TV broadcast of it is beyond morbid to me. Having 911 calls and even tweets really disgusts me what these reporters will do for a "story". I understand the purpose but it's like taking pictures of a car on fire while someone is burning alive on the inside.

Yup. They want to report every little thing they can regardless of whether it's in bad taste.

Yup. They want to report every little thing they can regardless of whether it's in bad taste.

"Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who died? Why can't they be decent enough to put just a tear in their eye?" - Jack Johnson

My thoughts with the families of the victims. Sad story. I was at a packed midnight show last night. It could have esaily been that theatre. It's a sobering thought. Just a reminder to always hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. You never know what's going to happen...

A colleague with whom I work very closely is in Littleton, CO. She called mid-morning and was sobbing hysterically as she told me should would be out of the office this afternoon as her best friend's daughter was there and was shot. The daughter is in the ICU and the situation is grave.

Victoria, my colleague, went to the hospital to be with her friend and, in a pretty cool move, said she was going to give blood so that she at least could feel that she was doing something to help.

The theater is just over 10 miles away from Columbine High School. I had some conference calls with clients in and around Littleton and Aurora earlier today and, suffice it to say, this latest shooting is all too familiar. It has understandably rocked and shocked them to the core.

Schopp just gave a rundown of the angles of this story they'd be delving into: violence in movies and video games, small children at the midnight showing of a violent movie and gun control. As it always happens, the media focuses on the side shows. The discussion should center on mental health, IMHO, but that doesn't sound very interesting, does it? Also, does Greg Bauch not know when wisecracks are inappropriate? Jeez.

Schopp just gave a rundown of the angles of this story they'd be delving into: violence in movies and video games, small children at the midnight showing of a violent movie and gun control. As it always happens, the media focuses on the side shows. The discussion should center on mental health, IMHO, but that doesn't sound very interesting, does it? Also, does Greg Bauch not know when wisecracks are inappropriate? Jeez.

Everyone of those issues tie directly into mental health, but they never seem to pick up on that part.

Guest Sloth

Early investigations cannot find anything by him on the internet. It's beyond bad for people to try and pose as this guy on facebook, twitter, etc...

Early investigations cannot find anything by him on the internet. It's beyond bad for people to try and pose as this guy on facebook, twitter, etc...

Yup. You just know the FBI is tracing all this fake stuff back to the creators. If they didn't have a file before, they will now.

PA you've got it dead right in my book. What has happened to mental health funding? We've got social workers making 15 bucks an hour trying to keep those with real stability issues away from the ledge and we have institutions failing to report and follow uo on folks who are slowly becoming a danger to themselves and others.

Archived