Century 16 Movie Theater shooting in Aurora

LastPommerFan

Now here's a true patriot proud of his 2nd amendment rights. If not for getting pulled over for a traffic violation ...

I'm sure he's just an avid target shooter though.

Police searched Courtois' home later Sunday and found a machine gun, several other guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Haven't you heard of hectoskeet shooting? They throw up 200 clays at once and you get scored on how many you get with your .30 cal MG.

No; he needs all of that to defend himself.

I doubt it. I think his home serves as the armory for his local militia and he's just doing his patriotic duty by storing the arms there. When the call comes to muster the troops, his house is the first place they'll go. All the police did by arresting him was weaken our ability to respond to tyranny. I would think that's plainly obvious.

No; he needs all of that to defend himself.

I doubt it. I think his home serves as the armory for his local militia and he's just doing his patriotic duty by storing the arms there. When the call comes to muster the troops, his house is the first place they'll go. All the police did by arresting him was weaken our ability to respond to tyranny. I would think that's plainly obvious.

Guys, Guys, Guys...you're both only semi right.

you see, he watched a little of The Walking Dead, and realized he needed to stock up in order to arm a local militia for the Zombie Apocalypse. ;)

I'm not kidding with this question: Am I the only one who looks at that arsenal and thinks, "must be a pindick"?

I'm not kidding with this question: Am I the only one who looks at that arsenal and thinks, "must be a pindick"?

He looks as he falls into the Weekend Rambo type. Guys that dance around the woods with assault weapons, wearing full camouflage, drinking Budweiser and listing to Tobi Keith trying forget that their wives slap them around and how much their job as WalMart really sucks.

Guest Sloth

Apparently, Christian Bale went to visit the victims and the memorial for the victims yesterday. I think that's pretty awesome!

That was a great thing to do. The guy obviously has a strong set of morals and values.

Change of subject. There are people demanding the latest batman movie to be taken out of the theatres. That is rediculous. What happened is a tragedy that cannot be expressed in words, but if the movie were to be taken off screen, the sick minded gunman would feel as if he had some type of success.

Also, a person has already filed a lawsuit against the theatre where the shooting took place.

That was a great thing to do. The guy obviously has a strong set of morals and values.

Change of subject. There are people demanding the latest batman movie to be taken out of the theatres. That is rediculous. What happened is a tragedy that cannot be expressed in words, but if the movie were to be taken off screen, the sick minded gunman would feel as if he had some type of success.

Also, a person has already filed a lawsuit against the theatre where the shooting took place.

what do either of these do for the healing process? nothing.

Both ideas/actions are outlandish. The Batman movie isn't the cause of this massacre, it was just a means thru which the perp carried out his plans. The Batman movie isn't what caused the other man in Maine to go nuts with his gun sales either. If Batman were seriously the issue, the Comics have been around for a LONG time, and there have been everything from endless cartoons to multiple other movies. Crazy people are going to be crazy regardless of what's in a theatre.

the lawsuit is just ridiculous. What was the theater supposed to do? Where did they go wrong? I'm sorry, but this sue first ask questions later mentality in this country is ridiculous.

It was only a matter of time before people started calling for it's removal. Particularly now that there have been other incidents tangentially related to the Aurora shooting.

One of the victims' is naming three defendants in his lawsuit, one of whom is Warner Brothers--- because the Dark Knight Rises is too "violent". I find this to be rather repugnant and more than a little idiotic. As if Holmes was simply there to watch the movie and was suddenly moved to get out of his seat and begin shooting 30 minutes in due to the movie's contnent.

Guest Sloth

It was only a matter of time before people started calling for it's removal. Particularly now that there have been other incidents tangentially related to the Aurora shooting.

One of the victims' is naming three defendants in his lawsuit, one of whom is Warner Brothers--- because the Dark Knight Rises is too "violent". I find this to be rather repugnant and more than a little idiotic. As if Holmes was simply there to watch the movie and was suddenly moved to get out of his seat and begin shooting 30 minutes in due to the movie's contnent.

I'd really like to see what movies this guy owns. He chose to go to a midnight showing of Batman for crying out loud. Probably has all kinds of movies that involve guns, explosives, fights, car chases, etc... Talk about contradicting oneself. And Im making reference to the guy filing the lawsuit.

He looks as he falls into the Weekend Rambo type. Guys that dance around the woods with assault weapons, wearing full camouflage, drinking Budweiser and listing to Tobi Keith trying forget that their wives slap them around and how much their job as WalMart really sucks.

:worthy:

Great line.

For those of you so inclined, you can read more about Farrah's story: http://thechive.com/...ivor-10-photos/

KCCO.

http://www.gofundme.com/W6WHC

Over $130,000 raised for her so far. The Internet is really a wonderful tool for efforts like this. I certainly hope they manage to raise more for her than that silly bus monitor though. In hindsight, the amount of money she was given is just ludicrous.

There is also a general donation fund for all the victims of the shooting. https://www.givingfirst.org/cova/overview

As of this morning when I checked, I saw that they raised $150,000!! KCCO indeed! I wore my 3D BFM to work today lol!

I posted both thechive's link and the fund's link to my facebook, and like I said there, just when you think hope in humanity is lost, something like this happens and restores a little faith.

Another "sportsman" or needs it for self-defense; a/k/a another smalldick: http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-19022567

There is definitely some type of overcompensation going on. Or, is it that they live life in such fear they need to surround themselves with such hardware. Whatever it is there is something serious wrong with a person that feels the need to own such weapons. This goes well behind the basic need to protect yourself and your family. There is a deep psychological defect somewhere.

Archived