Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

They have tried the golden goal and silver goal stuff, nah as excitement goes, penalties are the way to go :D

And what Real Madrid payed for bale is just ridiculous, alot of better players out there than him.

Not many younger players out there with his upside and he is already a world class player. But losing Ozil will be tough on them, he is a sublime passer that can unlock the defence, which is a very rare quality for a 24 year old.

http://www.uefa.com/...l#belgium close

we're now 5 points clear of Croatia thanks to serbia keeping them at a draw and only two games left.

The Quality of the bench got put on display today with kompany , vermaelen and hazard out due to injuries.

Also Spain , Germany and Italy getting closer to locking the #1 spots in their groups.

Edited by Heimdall

USA has a World Cup qualifier in Costa Rica tonight. Game is on BEIN sports at 10pm EST.

BOOM!!

=====

F'N Slovaks, and I am of Slovak heritage ... :(

Still on top of the group by a wide GD. Still in the drivers seat in their group, but need at least a draw in the next match.

Revenge on Tuesday ...

GO BiH!!

Totally Brutal.

But Hockey is not without its pathetic situations.

I would imagine, that that tape would be sent in and the yellow card rescinded, with the faker in turn punished.

Your "imagine" is about as realistic as John Lennon's; it ain't gonna happen.

USA! USA! USA!

Current standings have Mexico in fifth, I think it would be awesome if they stayed there and don't qualify for the playoff with New Zealand.

Anyone else watch the game last night? Very surprised with how well Beckerman played. Seemed like Mexico targeted fabian Johnson as the weak link and pressed him every time he touched the ball. Beasley looked solid on the left side. Eddie Johnson had a great game and his chemistry with Dempsey may keep him in the lineup over altidore. I wasn't impressed with jones, I thought he had a bad game.

Edited by Hank

Gotta read the article, Doc:

"

If FIFA find Campbell guilty of any wrongdoing, they would not be able to rescind Besler’s yellow card or his suspension, but they would be able to punish Campbell appropriately."

Agreed about how the process needs to be done right away and the idiot that faked everything should see a three game ban, but who knows what will happen.

If Fifa wanted to do the right thing they'd put North and South America into one qualifying group.

There are already 41 sides in CONCACAF competing for 3.5 spots. I think that's tough enough, don't you?

Yeah, I know some of them have absolutely no chance, but a lot of European sides don't, either. (Faeroe Islands, anyone?)

As it is, the World Cup is skewed heavily in Europe's favor.

Down to the domestics: Norwich needs to freaking pull it together.

There are already 41 sides in CONCACAF competing for 3.5 spots. I think that's tough enough, don't you?

Yeah, I know some of them have absolutely no chance, but a lot of European sides don't, either. (Faeroe Islands, anyone?)

As it is, the World Cup is skewed heavily in Europe's favor.

Down to the domestics: Norwich needs to freaking pull it together.

Until there is a coup at FIFA and they stop kissing the _ _ _ of UEFA this will never change.

Although, quite often a South American side breaks this skewing trend.

=====

EDIT TO ADD:

CONCACAF is a joke.

US and Mexico are pretty much guaranteed. So, that means that everybody else is fighting for 1.5 spots.

Europe is not any better ... don't remember how many sides that are fighting for 13 spots. Politics and skill, but mostly politics, say that at least 10 spots are spoken for long before qualifying starts. A small country has no chance. That's partly why I am so pumped that with 2 more wins, over lesser sides, Bosnia is in and damn FIFA won't be able to screw them out of it this time.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Lol, you should watch more european qualifiers, there are no small countries anymore.

Those small countries often take points away from the big ones. well maybe not the likes of liechtenstein or faroer islands.

But lately any country in europe can win from anyone or lose to anyone.

hell england and france might not even qualify this year.

Lol, you should watch more european qualifiers, there are no small countries anymore.

Those small countries often take points away from the big ones. well maybe not the likes of liechtenstein or faroer islands.

But lately any country in europe can win from anyone or lose to anyone.

hell england and france might not even qualify this year.

That Estonia/Netherlands game a few weeks back was awesome. Estonia almost pulled it off.

Until there is a coup at FIFA and they stop kissing the _ _ _ of UEFA this will never change.

Although, quite often a South American side breaks this skewing trend.

=====

EDIT TO ADD:

CONCACAF is a joke.

US and Mexico are pretty much guaranteed. So, that means that everybody else is fighting for 1.5 spots.

Europe is not any better ... don't remember how many sides that are fighting for 13 spots. Politics and skill, but mostly politics, say that at least 10 spots are spoken for long before qualifying starts. A small country has no chance. That's partly why I am so pumped that with 2 more wins, over lesser sides, Bosnia is in and damn FIFA won't be able to screw them out of it this time.

You might want to check up on that.

That Estonia/Netherlands game a few weeks back was awesome. Estonia almost pulled it off.

Estonian women are hot.

Reason number, oh, I don't know, four hundred fifty-seven, why Qatar should not be hosting the 2022 World Cup: slave labor. http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/24282713

Hasn't this been an issue for several years now? Apparently nobody cares.

EDIT: I was thinking of Dubai - Vegas of the Middle East. Same place