Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Hey there girl,

Brazil has it's issues, no doubt.

Bosna i Hercegovina will make it through at least to the knock-out stage, unless, of course, Blatter and his equally corrupt head of UEFA (Platini - who I think is being groomed to be the next Godfather of FIFA) screw them out of it.

Too early to start a WC2014 thread?

GO BiH!!

It's impossible to predict, right now, who goes through. Gotta wait until at least Friday. If Bosnia gets drawn in a group with Brazil, USA, and Ghana, for example, good luck even reaching third place.

Edited by Eleven

:w00t:

:nana: :nana: :nana:

And 11,

The draw on Friday, just in case you didn't realize ( ;) ) is already rigged. Just look at the "seeded" pot.

I love football, but FIFA is the biggest joke ever.

The seeded pot makes sense. The rest of it doesn't. (Why, for example, can't there be three or four European teams in the same group? What competitive reason is there? Oh, it's all about revenues.)

And the USA would definitely outstrip newbies Bosnia if in the same group. Here's to hoping we find out.

Tough break on USA , Ghana is the only african country i didn't want , Portugal and Germany are #3 and #1 in europe for me.

Well if you are lucky, win from Ghana, rest of the games all draws :P

We got a good draw, Belgium, Algeria, Russia and South korea. Russia will be our toughest opponent. Allthough no game is ever easy, Algeria can surprise since they have a couple of good players with Inter milan and Valencia.

But no one is expecting us not to get passed the group stage now.

Edited by Heimdall

Ugh. Group of Death for the USA (Germany, Portugal, Ghana).

Bosnia has an easier path to finish second in its group (Argentina, Iran, Nigeria).

I think you are right 11 ... Group of Death.

Group of Death II ... the holder and runner up from 2010 in the same group. The Dutch have a bit of a reputation for being terrible for unexplained reasons, but I just don't see it this time around.

If BiH can draw Argentina in their first match I think the odds are they will advance. If they loose that match then the odds are steeper, but very possible, even likely. They match up very well against Iran and Nigeria.

Oh, I don't think the US would beat Bosnia in a non-friendly big stage match.

I think you are right 11 ... Group of Death.

Group of Death II ... the holder and runner up from 2010 in the same group. The Dutch have a bit of a reputation for being terrible for unexplained reasons, but I just don't see it this time around.

If BiH can draw Argentina in their first match I think the odds are they will advance. If they loose that match then the odds are steeper, but very possible, even likely. They match up very well against Iran and Nigeria.

Oh, I don't think the US would beat Bosnia in a non-friendly big stage match.

Bosnia should have no problem taking 6 points even if they lose to Argentina.

On the other hand, whoever does escape Group G will have a pretty nice path through the elimination stage.

As for Bosnia v. USA, I realize it was a friendly, but what happened last summer? And that was on Bosnia's home turf, too. Why should the result be any different if they met in Brazil?

Bosnia should have no problem taking 6 points even if they lose to Argentina.

On the other hand, whoever does escape Group G will have a pretty nice path through the elimination stage.

As for Bosnia v. USA, I realize it was a friendly, but what happened last summer? And that was on Bosnia's home turf, too. Why should the result be any different if they met in Brazil?

The winner of group G will have an easier way though the elimination stages, IMO. Second has a harder route, but I suppose that is by design, for any second place finisher.

Bosnia has a rich tradition of not playing hard in friendlies, like may others. So, I think the effort by the Bosnians would be different in Brazil, but the results? Who knows for sure.

The Bosnians are a scoring machine, but suspect in the middle and on defense. We all know that offence wins matches, but the middle (see Spain) will win major tournaments.

My heart says QF +, but my head says knock out in the 16. We shall see.

One thing for sure ... their manager will have them ready. Best thing they ever did was to bring in "Pape".

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

• 3 weeks later...

:w00t:

Seriously, what tier are they playing in?

I think one four below Premier (league 2). I spent a couple weeks in Portsmouth awhile back so I thought I'd represent. :) Ran into a bunch of Arsenal people on the train that were going to see them at Pompey on that trip.

Edited by MattPie