Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

I thought about it later, and you're right; I don't find soccer to be boring. Crazy games where the teams are trading goals is more entertaining than the parking the bus that someone mentioned upthread, however.

Sure. But I've watched plenty of 1-0 games that were compelling because of the pace of play, the imagination shown by attacking players, and the like. 

I thought about it later, and you're right; I don't find soccer to be boring. Crazy games where the teams are trading goals is more entertaining than the parking the bus that someone mentioned upthread, however.

Italy-Germany was horribly boring.  Didn't-Deserve-to-Be-There vs. France had some real scoring chances.

We had a good chance to be european champions this year, But our defense was decimated completely against wales.

No Kompany, Vermaelen, Lombaerts or Vertonghen, the only fit player was alderweireld.   

Meunier didn't do to bad, but was horrible on the 2nd wales goal.  

Denaeyer and Jordan Lukaku have no bussiness playing for the national team.   They have the fooball intelligence of a raisin. :p

De bruyne wasn't fit all tournament, wish the coach had benched in a game somewhere to take a rest.

Romelu Lukaku, I'm just not a fan, he doesn't know where to run, his ball control is horrible.

Batshuayi or Benteke will claim that spot with a different coach.

I did not watch much of the Euro this time around, but what I did see was compelling. 

This is a major tournament and all teams play as if it were the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Portugal deserved the title after barely finishing making the elimination phase.

Finally CR7 delivers a major title.

I did not watch much of the Euro this time around, but what I did see was compelling. 

This is a major tournament and all teams play as if it were the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Portugal deserved the title after barely finishing making the elimination phase.

Finally CR7 delivers a major title.

Portugal didn't deserve , and CR7 delivered nothing; he was off the field.

Portugal didn't deserve ######, and CR7 delivered nothing; he was off the field.

Wrong on both accounts.

Portugal did deserve to win the title, as I outlined and CR7 did deliver in the semi-final match and in the previous matches in order for them to get to the final.

Am I wrong?

Wrong on both accounts.

Portugal did deserve to win the title, as I outlined and CR7 did deliver in the semi-final match and in the previous matches in order for them to get to the final.

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.  Portugal didn't even deserve to advance.  As for Ronaldo, it's like giving Jim Kelly credit for the comeback game.

Yes, you are wrong.  Portugal didn't even deserve to advance.  As for Ronaldo, it's like giving Jim Kelly credit for the comeback game.

I disagree.

Portugal won the matches they needed to in order to be Euro champions.  You may not like it, but end of discussion.

Watch the highlights of the semi-final match ... 3 minutes of CR7 put them through to the final.  That incredible header for a goal by CR7 (can't remember the match).  Again, you may not like it, but end of discussion.

I disagree.

Portugal won the matches they needed to in order to be Euro champions.  You may not like it, but end of discussion.

Watch the highlights of the semi-final match ... 3 minutes of CR7 put them through to the final.  That incredible header for a goal by CR7 (can't remember the match).  Again, you may not like it, but end of discussion.

They didn't deserve to be in it and they didn't deserve to win it.  France was by far better.  End of discussion.

Have to agree with eleven on this one, the only reason I can feel sympathy for them winning is because of the 2004 final they lost against Greece.

but they are the Greece of the 2016, didn't deserve to win and played horribly as a team.   

They got lucky in a weak bracket.

They didn't deserve to be in it and they didn't deserve to win it.  France was by far better.  End of discussion.

Have to agree with eleven on this one, the only reason I can feel sympathy for them winning is because of the 2004 final they lost against Greece.

but they are the Greece of the 2016, didn't deserve to win and played horribly as a team.   

They got lucky in a weak bracket.

Agree 100%.  Portugal, and CR7 in particular, were woeful in the group stages.  The game against Austria was awful.  Just awful.  Austria was all over the place and easily one of the biggest flops in the tournament, and CR7 couldn't buy a goal.  To say he carried the team through the tournament and they were deserving to be the champs is bullcrap.  They got lucky.  They dominated no one and advanced through the tournament by the skin of their teeth, with the exception of the game against Wales.  Pepe and Nani carried Portugal, not CR7.

In my opinion Portuggal didn't deserve to win. They had pretty easy group stage and they didn't win a game. Croatia 1-0 with extra time and Poland with penalties. Not very convincing. The final could have gone either way.

In my opinion Portuggal didn't deserve to win. They had pretty easy group stage and they didn't win a game. Croatia 1-0 with extra time and Poland with penalties. Not very convincing. The final could have gone either way.

lol just noticed you are from finland :D

Welcome to the board, always nice to have some more Euro's here, sometimes when I post a reply takes a couple of hours :p

• 2 months later...

We seem to be playing Bosnia a lot lately  , but 4 - 0 win I didn't expect.    Thought Dzeko would score at least one like he did every other game.

Yikes.

I have not kept up with the WC qualifiers.  It's too early for me to focus on that and I'll give it another year, or so.

That result is horrible.  Dzeko looks old and tired to me.  I have 2 of his international jerseys that I picked up in Sarajevo, but it may be time to pick out another jersey to wear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...