Sabres sign Lieuwen, MacIntyre to KHL

spndnchz

You guys realise your arguing with a guy who believes, and I quote, "Hes (Bryzgalov) still a big time goalie to me"

Exact Quote taken from the playoffs thread - "bryzgalov will be better after this. hes still a big time goalie to me"

Thats right, Miller is a horrible overrated goalie, yet Bryzgalov isn't.

You guys realise your arguing with a guy who believes, and I quote, "Hes (Bryzgalov) still a big time goalie to me"

Exact Quote taken from the playoffs thread - "bryzgalov will be better after this. hes still a big time goalie to me"

I intentionally left that one alone...please don't pull me back in haha

he has more to show for than miller...

he has more to show for than miller...

Technically not.

Bryz has a Stanley Cup (as a backup I believe) and a 2nd all star team nomination.

Miller has been named to play in the All-Stars twice, the Youngstars, a Veniza and a Silver Olympic medal for TeamUSA with one of the most incredible performances of that olympics (didn't he MVP that as well or not?)

I'm afraid your wrong on that one. Oh his also the only one who will call the offense out for not scoring, the defense for screwing up or himself for being crap.

Technically not.

Bryz has a Stanley Cup (as a backup I believe) and a 2nd all star team nomination.

Miller has been named to play in the All-Stars twice, the Youngstars, a Veniza and a Silver Olympic medal for TeamUSA with one of the most incredible performances of that olympics (didn't he MVP that as well or not?)

I'm afraid your wrong on that one. Oh his also the only one who will call the offense out for not scoring, the defense for screwing up or himself for being crap.

one key word you mentioned there...CUP

one key word you mentioned there...CUP

Yeah, where he was sitting on the bench the entire series playing behind JS Gigeure.

So sitting on the bench as the Backup goalie in teh SC Finals trumps anything Miller has ever accomplished while actually playing in games?

Don't let news like this leak out over to the Bills board, might mean that Rob Johnson playing backup on a SB winning team makes him a better Qb then Kelly and Marino

Yeah, where he was sitting on the bench the entire series playing behind JS Gigeure.

So sitting on the bench as the Backup goalie in teh SC Finals trumps anything Miller has ever accomplished while actually playing in games?

Don't let news like this leak out over to the Bills board, might mean that Rob Johnson playing backup on a SB winning team makes him a better Qb then Kelly and Marino

Lord knows Jim Kelly is the poster boy of "almost" and everyone in this city would kiss the ground he walks on, but Miller sucks and so does Lindy Ruff.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" The Sabres USED to be known as the ahrdest working team in hockey. They earned that name when they advanced to the cup finals in '99. since '05-'06, the team hasn't had that same feel. Ruff relies on hard work, not talent, especially with the rosters he's been given some years.

It's funny that they where called that when they had one of the least talented rosters in the NHL and in their team history. Imagine if they had some talent that worked hard on thous rosters

It's funny that they where called that when they had one of the least talented rosters in the NHL and in their team history. Imagine if they had some talent that worked hard on thous rosters

Regeir was the darling of the national hockey media in 2005-06 for his foresight post lockout.(Personally I think it was largely luck!) That team was talented for those rules and Lindy was their coach. That "hardest working team in the NHL" was the team's marketing mantra when Nolan was the coach, not Lindy. 1999 was Dom.

played 5 games went 4-1 that year with a 2.2 gaa or something, thats very good. who knows maybe they would have lost in the playoffs somehow if he didnt play those games...ya never know.

played 5 games went 4-1 that year with a 2.2 gaa or something, thats very good. who knows maybe they would have lost in the playoffs somehow if he didnt play those games...ya never know.

You were better off conceding the point. You are really stretching now.

Lieuwen and Knapp both look a long way from NHL starter and they are the best we have in the pipeline.

Sabs really need to be looking at a goalie with one of those four high picks.

I cant agree with this second part at all. The last 3 Vezina winners were not picked in the 1st 2 rounds and 3 of the 4 goalies in the conference finals and probably this years vezina winner (quick) were not picked in those 2 rounds either. Wasting a pick when this team desperately needs offense in the pipeline is a bad gamble. the 3rd round would be the earliest I would draft a goalie. Also of note the only 1st round vezina winner post lockout is Brodeur and hes a 1st round hall of fame goalie who is in the discussion of the best ever. Unless a guy with that potential exists, 3rd round or later is the way to go on goalies IMHO.

Conference Finals GT draft rounds:

Lundqvist - 7th rnd

Mike Smith - 5th rnd

Quick - 3rd rnd

Brodeur - 1st rnd

Depends how you look at. Take goalies who've played over 60 games. I'd bet he's in the top 5.

Nope, not this year or last year. How many goalies played 60 or more games? Kind of a lame stat when you exclude 2/3 of the starting goaltenders in the league.

Nope, not this year or last year. How many goalies played 60 or more games? Kind of a lame stat when you exclude 2/3 of the starting goaltenders in the league.

13 to be exact, both this season and last season. Of goalies who played 60 games this season, Miller ranked 6th in 5v5 GA/60. Ahead of Vezina nominee Pekka Rinne, Feury, Hiller, Price Ward; behind Kiprusoff, Smith, Niemi, Lundqvist, Quick. He's not exactly losing out to Craig Anderson. If you really want to expand the sample, you can take goalies who have played 50 games or more which gives 22. On that list Miller ranks 11th in 5v5 GA/60. The goaltenders who jumped him (weren't on the 60 game list) are Thomas, Lehtonen, Luongo, Theodore, Howard.

I cant agree with this second part at all. The last 3 Vezina winners were not picked in the 1st 2 rounds and 3 of the 4 goalies in the conference finals and probably this years vezina winner (quick) were not picked in those 2 rounds either. Wasting a pick when this team desperately needs offense in the pipeline is a bad gamble. the 3rd round would be the earliest I would draft a goalie. Also of note the only 1st round vezina winner post lockout is Brodeur and hes a 1st round hall of fame goalie who is in the discussion of the best ever. Unless a guy with that potential exists, 3rd round or later is the way to go on goalies IMHO.

Conference Finals GT draft rounds:

Lundqvist - 7th rnd

Mike Smith - 5th rnd

Quick - 3rd rnd

Brodeur - 1st rnd

I read a post from Kent, Enland a few weeks ago that claimed there are articles stating Regier is tops among GM's in drafting. Based on that, he had to have hit on either Liewen or Knapp.

(Just stirring the pot)

Archived