Sabres sign Lieuwen, MacIntyre to KHL

spndnchz

i can combine whatever i want, if it makes sense. which i know it does, this teams got talent and its used inproperly. bottom line.

You're saying you have to score goals to win games. But we're in the bottom half of the league. You say we have all these goal scorers but we're in the bottom half of the league. You say we don't need Miller to carry the team but we're in the bottom half of the league in goals for. It doesn't make sense. So you want to get rid of Miller to bring in a goal scorer but you say we already have...pominville 32 effin goals. vanek can hit 40 again. stafford 31 goals last year. ennis foligno

we were 15th in gf last year, 9th the year before, 11th the next year. so the team doesnt score in the first half of the league one time (last year) and your gonna judge them on that? really? go ahead look at millers stats. hes never in the top 10 for goalie stats except the year he won the vezina. oh yeah hes top 10 in goals allowed this year. whoops.

And all of this because we signed an overaged 20 year old junior hockey goalie. It's funny how some "minds" work.

completely wrong dude, ive been campaiging for miller to be gone along time ago. funny so some "know it alls" really think they know it all.

we were 15th in gf last year, 9th the year before, 11th the next year. so the team doesnt score in the first half of the league one time (last year) and your gonna judge them on that? really? go ahead look at millers stats. hes never in the top 10 for goalie stats except the year he won the vezina. oh yeah hes top 10 in goals allowed this year. whoops.

completely wrong dude, ive been campaiging for miller to be gone along time ago. funny so some "know it alls" really think they know it all.

That really is funny.

Depends how you look at. Take goalies who've played over 60 games. I'd bet he's in the top 5.

Depends how you look at. Take goalies who've played over 60 games. I'd bet he's in the top 5.

doesnt matter to me he still gives up way too many goals, and at just horrible times, in my opinion that is. he chokes plain and simple, hes good, but just not good enough. and work on your glove hand dude im sick of ya gettin burned on all those high shot holy geez.

Bottom half of the league in goals for doesn't thrill me. You can't combine a bunch of different years to make up a team.

To be fair his damn name is demanding that Sabrespace.com fire Lindy Ruff now, what do you hope to achieve?

Miller aside, we have no one in the pipeline ready to take over. Enroth showed that he is just as incapable as Miller if you want to look at it that way. And the kid we signed hasn't even faced Big time competition yet.

FYI: The Sabres were a defense first team the first few years Lindy coached. They were top ten every year in Goals Against. They were very defensive minded, on top of having Hasek in net. Then with the lockout and the switch to Miller and Biron and the rotating backup carousal, the team was top 10 in scoring up til I believe last year or the year before when they really started slipping. The league is changing again. Ruff adjusted just fine with the first change, albeit by luck or any other circumstances, doesn't matter. He changed his approach once. The way I see it, he's changing it again. He is going to have to find the identity of this team, and I believe that getting rid of Miller, who does steal games, would be a poor personnel decision that would set us back further than we are now.

Come on guys, I blocked him so I didn't have to read his inane posts. Stop quoting this garbage. The poor kid clearly doesn't have his grade 10 and probably sells dope out of an airstream trailer. Humoring him by actually responding to him is just cruel.

Come on guys, I blocked him so I didn't have to read his inane posts. Stop quoting this garbage. The poor kid clearly doesn't have his grade 10 and probably sells dope out of an airstream trailer. Humoring him by actually responding to him is just cruel.

I do what I want :nana:

haha. in all seriousness though, I engaged in this conversation all last offseason, so with this prompting, I'm done with it for this offseason. Thanks D4rk.

Back to the subject I wonder what this signing will mean for the AHL team, I can't imagine Drew would be back but I suspect one rookie will be in the AHL while the other plays EHCL minutes and depending on play they would move them around, I would imagine Leggio would be kept as well.

Back to the subject I wonder what this signing will mean for the AHL team, I can't imagine Drew would be back but I suspect one rookie will be in the AHL while the other plays EHCL minutes and depending on play they would move them around, I would imagine Leggio would be kept as well.

Retaining Leggio seems logical to me (assuming he doesn't find a better opportunity elsewhere). He was Rochester's MVP this year and I'm not sure how I'd feel about two rookies carrying the load...not to mention if something happens to Miller or Enroth we'd have completely unproven prospects to rely on.

Retaining Leggio seems logical to me (assuming he doesn't find a better opportunity elsewhere). He was Rochester's MVP this year and I'm not sure how I'd feel about two rookies carrying the load...not to mention if something happens to Miller or Enroth we'd have completely unproven prospects to rely on.

He may have been Rochester's MVP, but he's not that impressive. I think he ends up staying in Roch.

And Leggio may as well be just as unproven. He's a UFA, so he can easily move on if he wants to. If that does happen, I think the team will bring in another more seasoned goalie to fill that 3rd slot. Lieuwen and Knapp will be put into a position to duel for the role of potential goalie of the future, but there won't be any rush for either guy.

For some reason, I get the feeling that Knapp will be the guy who winds up in the ECHL at first. He has played such shorter seasons than everyone else involved. The college season is already short, but he also has played in a 50/50 rotation his entire time at Miami. There may be a steeper learning curve there.

vancouver? bad coach but yeah their on par with us. chicago? kane towes and sharp, ok d roy pominville and vanek. pittsburgh? yeah their loaded they have us beat, but injuries crush them. philly? defense is ehhhhh, offense probly better. LA? kopitar as far as point getters and thats it. NJD? parise and elias Kovalchuck. NSH? hardly any offense, their offense is a laughing matter to me, solid defense of only 2 guys though ALONG WITH ARGUABLY THE BEST YOUNG NETMINDER IN THE LEAGUE

I have to ask, do you actually watch other teams play or do you just catch highlights? The first bolded statement alone is ridiculous. The Canucks won the presidents trophy two years running and you think our talent is on par with theirs? I appreciate your optimism as a fellow sabres fan but the canucks have the Sedins, Kesler, Luongo AND Schneider, Burrows, Bieksa, Booth, Edler and freakin Kassian on the way. Derek Roy is about Ryan Kesler level at best, and Vanek chokes season in and season out lately.

If you wanna tear these teams apart objectively like you are then you need to apply the same logic to the boys in blue and gold. We'll get there, but the team as is is still severely lacking in some key places.

Edit: This isn't meant to be derogatory in any way, i just don't understand how anyone could say the buffalo sabres have talent on par with the Vancouver Canucks. It's a serious question.

I have to ask, do you actually watch other teams play or do you just catch highlights? The first bolded statement alone is ridiculous. The Canucks won the presidents trophy two years running and you think our talent is on par with theirs? I appreciate your optimism as a fellow sabres fan but the canucks have the Sedins, Kesler, Luongo AND Schneider, Burrows, Bieksa, Booth, Edler and freakin Kassian on the way. Derek Roy is about Ryan Kesler level at best, and Vanek chokes season in and season out lately.

If you wanna tear these teams apart objectively like you are then you need to apply the same logic to the boys in blue and gold. We'll get there, but the team as is is still severely lacking in some key places.

Edit: This isn't meant to be derogatory in any way, i just don't understand how anyone could say the buffalo sabres have talent on par with the Vancouver Canucks. It's a serious question.

+1/Like/Amen...

well said :beer:

hey guys bash me all you want, im just sick of the same thing every year with the players being blamed for everything and nothin falls on ruff. yes i think the sabres are very talented. sue me, you dont have to bash me because i have a different opinion. and dark, you really are a jerk man for real. theres no reason for insuts like that. honestly dont ever come to buffalo please. stay in rochester, with your degree and know it all habits, cause if just wouldnt fly here. youd be put on your butt so fast for drisrespecting a fellow man like that. but i wont be a jerk. sorry if my opinions bother you guys so much then you have to insult. i thought we were all adults here and grown but i guess not. have fun in your miserbal life dark, cause the only reason someone would act like that, is if they hate their life. i really feel bad for you dark. all the best mr. cynical.

hey guys bash me all you want, im just sick of the same thing every year with the players being blamed for everything and nothin falls on ruff. yes i think the sabres are very talented. sue me, you dont have to bash me because i have a different opinion. and dark, you really are a jerk man for real. theres no reason for insuts like that. honestly dont ever come to buffalo please. stay in rochester, with your degree and know it all habits, cause if just wouldnt fly here. youd be put on your butt so fast for drisrespecting a fellow man like that. but i wont be a jerk. sorry if my opinions bother you guys so much then you have to insult. i thought we were all adults here and grown but i guess not. have fun in your miserbal life dark, cause the only reason someone would act like that, is if they hate their life. i really feel bad for you dark. all the best mr. cynical.

1) when does the blame also fall on the players? they are the ones on the ice putting forth the lackadaisical effort. Does it fall on Ruff's "system?" some of it, but the effort or lack-thereof falls squarely on the players. There is an equal amount of blame to pass around, but i think more of it falls on the players than Ruff.

2) Our team does not have nearly the talent you think or credit them with, and that's a fact, not an opinion. We can keep up with Vancouver and Pittsburgh some days, but in the end, their rosters have more natural talent. Now, before you get huffy, there is a difference between talent, and hard work. D4rk used to have a quote in his sig that I absolutely loved, and have written on my wall work: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" The Sabres USED to be known as the ahrdest working team in hockey. They earned that name when they advanced to the cup finals in '99. since '05-'06, the team hasn't had that same feel. Ruff relies on hard work, not talent, especially with the rosters he's been given some years.

3) D4rk is from the Buffalo area, and happens to be a good friend of mine. He says stuff to you because some times, your posts are incoherent, long, run-on sentences that are gibberish. I have chosen not to ignore you because frankly, I just don't want to ignore or block someone unless they are being absolute a$$holes to me. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone has a right to post here, respectfully.

1) when does the blame also fall on the players? they are the ones on the ice putting forth the lackadaisical effort. Does it fall on Ruff's "system?" some of it, but the effort or lack-thereof falls squarely on the players. There is an equal amount of blame to pass around, but i think more of it falls on the players than Ruff.

2) Our team does not have nearly the talent you think or credit them with, and that's a fact, not an opinion. We can keep up with Vancouver and Pittsburgh some days, but in the end, their rosters have more natural talent. Now, before you get huffy, there is a difference between talent, and hard work. D4rk used to have a quote in his sig that I absolutely loved, and have written on my wall work: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" The Sabres USED to be known as the ahrdest working team in hockey. They earned that name when they advanced to the cup finals in '99. since '05-'06, the team hasn't had that same feel. Ruff relies on hard work, not talent, especially with the rosters he's been given some years.

3) D4rk is from the Buffalo area, and happens to be a good friend of mine. He says stuff to you because some times, your posts are incoherent, long, run-on sentences that are gibberish. I have chosen not to ignore you because frankly, I just don't want to ignore or block someone unless they are being absolute a$$holes to me. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone has a right to post here, respectfully.

ok see this is fine. consrtuctive critisicm. im not a computer guy at all really and dont really understand the etiquette thats involved with it. plus im just tryin to get my point across as quick as i can, hence the crap writing. but you know and i know, theres no reason for dark to be that insulting. hes really tough behind a computer screen isnt he? jerk is the best way to describe him. anyway if you are gonna bash me for how i write thats a bit elementary anyway. sorry i might write like crap but i think im can at least offer a different persepective. everyone has a right to their opinion. you dont see me throwin out insults when i disagree with people. man up dark cause your actin like a child. its really sad.

ok see this is fine. consrtuctive critisicm. im not a computer guy at all really and dont really understand the etiquette thats involved with it. plus im just tryin to get my point across as quick as i can, hence the crap writing. but you know and i know, theres no reason for dark to be that insulting. hes really tough behind a computer screen isnt he? jerk is the best way to describe him. anyway if you are gonna bash me for how i write thats a bit elementary anyway. sorry i might write like crap but i think im can at least offer a different persepective. everyone has a right to their opinion. you dont see me throwin out insults when i disagree with people. man up dark cause your actin like a child. its really sad.

See this is what I'm talking about man. I tell you that everything is fine with giving your opinion and even throwing facts in to back it up but it gets old continually dragging whatever bout you have going on with him out. He threw in the gloves. He left the conversation. Drop it and move on. You're never going to see eye to eye with everyone here, trust me.

See this is what I'm talking about man. I tell you that everything is fine with giving your opinion and even throwing facts in to back it up but it gets old continually dragging whatever bout you have going on with him out. He threw in the gloves. He left the conversation. Drop it and move on. You're never going to see eye to eye with everyone here, trust me.

alright.

Archived