Sabres sign Lieuwen, MacIntyre to KHL

spndnchz

20 year old goalie out of the WHL's Kootenay ICE. He was the goalie for the Traverse City Prospects Tournament.

6'-5" 190lbs. He had a 2.50 GAA, .914 SV%, all in the top 5 of the WHL.

Signed to an entry level contract.

Sabres have MacIntyre's contract expiring. With the rumblings that he's not happy I'd expect him to be gone.

That leaves Leggio UFA this year and Knapp, signed through 2013-14.

I wonder if Leggio gets extended.

That's two giant goalies in Rochester next year. Either that or they keep Leggio around and one gets bumped to the ECHL. That would probably be the best approach.

I expect they'll re-sign Leggio and then see how the kids develop.

I expect they'll re-sign Leggio and then see how the kids develop.

Read where Leggio's agent thought he might have a better chance for an NHL spot elsewhere. Since I don't think the Sabres view him as NHL worthy, he might try and see what's available elsewhere.

Read where Leggio's agent thought he might have a better chance for an NHL spot elsewhere. Since I don't think the Sabres view him as NHL worthy, he might try and see what's available elsewhere.

I can't imagine him finding much. At best he's going to be the #3 somewhere (and that might even be a stretch), which is exactly what he is here. If he does decide to head out, the Sabres will pick up someone else. They're not going to go into the season with a pair of rookies battling it out for that 3rd spot. They will want experience in that role and I'm not sure that even Leggio fits that.

why not let rookies battle for 3rd spot, atleast it will show what they are made off

Do you want one of those guys filling in when the eventual goalie injury happens? They're not ready. That's why the Sabres brought in MacIntyre this year. He was very seasoned at the NHL level and they didn't trust Leggio in that role. When these two rookies are playing next year, it will be much longer season than they're used to, especially Knapp.

alright now axe miller and we will be good...

axe Miller in favor of Enroth and who? We have no proven talent in net behind Miller (I'm not saying extraordinary talent, I'm just using it as a broad term). Like it or not, unless we get a starting caliber goalie in return, Miller is here to stay for now because Enroth isn't ready to be a full time starter.

I do like this signing though. Guys pretty good at the current level that he's playing. Can't wait to see him transition leagues, and see how he adjusts.

axe Miller in favor of Enroth and who? We have no proven talent in net behind Miller (I'm not saying extraordinary talent, I'm just using it as a broad term). Like it or not, unless we get a starting caliber goalie in return, Miller is here to stay for now because Enroth isn't ready to be a full time starter.

I do like this signing though. Guys pretty good at the current level that he's playing. Can't wait to see him transition leagues, and see how he adjusts.

i disagree with you. ill leave it at that.

There's just no reason to move Miller now unless Enroth is threatening to leave and you as a GM think Enroth is the future. But if Enroth is on board as a team player, then you have two more seasons of Miller before he either re-signs, is traded or goes to FA.

Miller gets a bad rap because fans want him to be hot all the time. They'll say "we could just have Mike Smith!" They ignore that while a hot goalie is a great thing to have, you can't lean on it and the rest of the team has to work as well. This team, building from the net out, has fixed its defensive woes and looks now to fixing the offense. As we've seen in the playoffs this year, defense and goaltending alone isn't winning games.

There's just no reason to move Miller now unless Enroth is threatening to leave and you as a GM think Enroth is the future. But if Enroth is on board as a team player, then you have two more seasons of Miller before he either re-signs, is traded or goes to FA.

Miller gets a bad rap because fans want him to be hot all the time. They'll say "we could just have Mike Smith!" They ignore that while a hot goalie is a great thing to have, you can't lean on it and the rest of the team has to work as well. This team, building from the net out, has fixed its defensive woes and looks now to fixing the offense. As we've seen in the playoffs this year, defense and goaltending alone isn't winning games.

but what about all those years wehn the offense was bangin? does miller ever get blamed for anything? it seems like he nver messes up to you guys...

I think we are safe to assume that Miller is not going anywhere. So do the Sabres try to trade Enroth perhaps? Is there a market for him? Then they could sign Leggio as a cheap backup to get the 10 - 15 games that Lindy likes his backup to have?

but what about all those years wehn the offense was bangin? does miller ever get blamed for anything? it seems like he nver messes up to you guys...

The only reason Drury's goal at 7.7 seconds meant anything, is because it was 1 to nothing at the time.

I think we are safe to assume that Miller is not going anywhere. So do the Sabres try to trade Enroth perhaps? Is there a market for him? Then they could sign Leggio as a cheap backup to get the 10 - 15 games that Lindy likes his backup to have?

trade enroth really? our best backup since biron and you want to trade him? i disagree.

The only reason Drury's goal at 7.7 seconds meant anything, is because it was 1 to nothing at the time.

just sayin about 80 percent of the time buffalo has a pretty darn good offense...

trade enroth really? our best backup since biron and you want to trade him? i disagree.

just sayin about 80 percent of the time buffalo has a pretty darn good offense...

How do you substantiate 80%, or did you just pull it out of your arse? hahaha

True, but must we continue to live 6 years ago? And we still have nothing to show for it.

well would you say the sabrs are an offensive team or a defensive team? theres your answer.

They have no identity and no vision. There's your answer. NEITHER. They are a soft team though. Ice Capades?

They have no identity and no vision. There's your answer. NEITHER. They are a soft team though. Ice Capades?

how about the indenity of wow this team lokks like crap and we are up 3-0, wait a minute we lost 6-5 in overtime. how bout all the talent in the world but not used correctly? there ya go pick one.

well would you say the sabrs are an offensive team or a defensive team? theres your answer.

That is my main problem with the sabres. They aren't good enough offensively to be considered an offensive team, or good enough defensively to be a defensive team, and miller isn't a goalie you can lean on to carry the whole team. This can be ok if your team has heart and grit to make up for it, but obviously that is also lacking.

And I think there are too many problems for Miller to be a huge worry for anyone.

how about the indenity of wow this team lokks like crap and we are up 3-0, wait a minute we lost 6-5 in overtime. how bout all the talent in the world but not used correctly? there ya go pick one.

Are we that talented?

That is my main problem with the sabres. They aren't good enough offensively to be considered an offensive team, or good enough defensively to be a defensive team, and miller isn't a goalie you can lean on to carry the whole team. This can be ok if your team has heart and grit to make up for it, but obviously that is also lacking.

And I think there are too many problems for Miller to be a huge worry for anyone.

Are we that talented?

i whole heartedly think so. come one now derek roy one bad year then ya got vanek pominville stafford myers ennis foligno. what would you call that? i call it talented dude. very.

All the talent in the world? Did Teddy Black serve you purple koolaide? Ask an adult for an explanation.

Archived