Sabres sign Lieuwen, MacIntyre to KHL

spndnchz

i whole heartedly think so. come one now derek roy one bad year then ya got vanek pominville stafford myers ennis foligno. what would you call that? i call it talented dude. very.

I am easier on Roy than most here, and love most of those other guys, but in my eyes they don't match up with plenty of other teams. The talent level here is average in terms of the rest of the league IMO.

Sorry to poke, but Detroit? Vancouver? Chicago? Pittsburgh? Philly? Boston? LA? Hell, NJD or NSH or OTT?

alright, detroit? OLD very old. vancouver? bad coach but yeah their on par with us. chicago? kane towes and sharp, ok d roy pominville and vanek. pittsburgh? yeah their loaded they have us beat, but injuries crush them. philly? defense is ehhhhh, offense probly better. LA? kopitar as far as point getters and thats it. NJD? parise and elias. NSH? hardly any offense, their offense is a laughing matter to me, solid defense of only 2 guys though. OTT? your kidding right? allfredsson speeza karlson? no one else gets that many points. as for goalies, det pretty good, vancouver choke choke choke my neck ow. chicago ok goalie. pitt choke alot but good. philly. i dont even understand their goalie woes... boton is has the prototypical team, thats the team every team should model their team after id say. everything is just perfect almost. LA? quick rules easily. njd nrodeur still has it. nsh rinne beast. and ottawa andersons alright. i type like crap im sorry but my brain is just working faster than my fingers haha.

Wasn't meant as an insult. What does purple koolaide refer to? That is a couple generations ago and assumed you wouldn't have a clue. Just as I miss a lot of your generation's comments. Jonestown?

oh ok man sometimes its hard to tell what people are implying over a computer.

alright, detroit? OLD very old. vancouver? bad coach but yeah their on par with us. chicago? kane towes and sharp, ok d roy pominville and vanek. pittsburgh? yeah their loaded they have us beat, but injuries crush them. philly? defense is ehhhhh, offense probly better. LA? kopitar as far as point getters and thats it. NJD? parise and elias. NSH? hardly any offense, their offense is a laughing matter to me, solid defense of only 2 guys though. OTT? your kidding right? allfredsson speeza karlson? no one else gets that many points. as for goalies, det pretty good, vancouver choke choke choke my neck ow. chicago ok goalie. pitt choke alot but good. philly. i dont even understand their goalie woes... boton is has the prototypical team, thats the team every team should model their team after id say. everything is just perfect almost. LA? quick rules easily. njd nrodeur still has it. nsh rinne beast. and ottawa andersons alright. i type like crap im sorry but my brain is just working faster than my fingers haha.

oh ok man sometimes its hard to tell what people are implying over a computer.

Cool.

That is my main problem with the sabres. They aren't good enough offensively to be considered an offensive team, or good enough defensively to be a defensive team, and miller isn't a goalie you can lean on to carry the whole team. This can be ok if your team has heart and grit to make up for it, but obviously that is also lacking.

And I think there are too many problems for Miller to be a huge worry for anyone.

Are we that talented?

I agree with your assessment except for the part about Miller not being able to carry the team. He has done exactly that over the course of the last few seasons, especially last year. Miller is more than capable of doing that, but some here expect him to do it every game, which I don't think is a reasonable expectation of one individual. No goalie in the NHL carries a team for its whole season.

I think a major problem for this team's identity is the players on the front end who don't play team defense. If you work on the building from the net out model, we added defensive pieces but needed more help defensively than just our six D men. And if you want to be a defensive team you need your D to stay healthy, which they didn't do this year. When your plan seems to be to play a defensive game, and your D is broken, you end up with this past season.

I believe though, that Darcy sees this team as having both good goaltending and defensemen. But it needs offense. Enter the addition of Hodgson, Foligno, the emergence of Ennis, and probably the subtraction of Roy.

I think what we'll end up with next season is a bit of a hybrid that is moving towards an offense based team. Figure in two or three years this will end up as a team built from the offense back, especially if Miller parts ways. This kind of thing ebbs and flows.

But you are correct, this team does lack identity. Maybe they'll form one this coming season.

I just meant he can't singlehandedly carry us to a cup, as no goalie can. I love miller, but would obviously like a competitive team built around him at some point. I do agree he has carried us these few seasons, and really hope that isn't the case next year. As in, hopefully we don't NEED him to start 30+ games in a row.

I just meant he can't singlehandedly carry us to a cup, as no goalie can. I love miller, but would obviously like a competitive team built around him at some point. I do agree he has carried us these few seasons, and really hope that isn't the case next year. As in, hopefully we don't NEED him to start 30+ games in a row.

really he carried us in 07-08 when we were 3rd in the WHOLE LEAGUE in goals scored? to me hes been weighing us down with his contstant whining, complaining about the team and lettin in that goal when it really hurts.

really he carried us in 07-08 when we were 3rd in the WHOLE LEAGUE in goals scored? to me hes been weighing us down with his contstant whining, complaining about the team and lettin in that goal when it really hurts.

He wasn't the biggest problem at all that year. If I recall, we lost a player or two before 07-08 that might have been part of it, but I'm hazy on the details ;)

did you not see 3rd in the league in scoring? briere and drury where good, but our offense was fine without them that year.

I never said that offense was a problem, hence not replying to the 3rd in scoring. That team had no clue, and that's where D/B hurt the most. And I'm leaving it there, as no one wants to read about those two anymore.

Amen to that. I think I'm just at the stage where the argument to remove Miller right now really doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the mindset is to ignore the "process" by which a team is crafted. I think the loss of Briere, reason for it aside, greatly disrupted that process. I don't think losing as much offense as we did was part of the plan, and Darcy has been in recovery mode ever since. With Miller being a relatively new commodity, I don't think Darcy wanted to start from scratch, but rather tried to patch the holes until he could do a mini-rebuild of sorts. Big additions defensively and the eventual break out of younger players on the front end is likely to be the plan Darcy has decided on for a recovery while Miller is still on the back end.

Amen to that. I think I'm just at the stage where the argument to remove Miller right now really doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the mindset is to ignore the "process" by which a team is crafted. I think the loss of Briere, reason for it aside, greatly disrupted that process. I don't think losing as much offense as we did was part of the plan, and Darcy has been in recovery mode ever since. With Miller being a relatively new commodity, I don't think Darcy wanted to start from scratch, but rather tried to patch the holes until he could do a mini-rebuild of sorts. Big additions defensively and the eventual break out of younger players on the front end is likely to be the plan Darcy has decided on for a recovery while Miller is still on the back end.

At this point, I'm okay with that. We know darcy is here for a little while longer at least and the three year window combined with the end of miller's contract makes a perfect final evaluation point. I think, by then, Pegula's decision on, well, everything, will be easier than it is now.

At this point, I'm okay with that. We know darcy is here for a little while longer at least and the three year window combined with the end of miller's contract makes a perfect final evaluation point. I think, by then, Pegula's decision on, well, everything, will be easier than it is now.

That's exactly how I see it.

axe Miller in favor of Enroth and who? We have no proven talent in net behind Miller (I'm not saying extraordinary talent, I'm just using it as a broad term). Like it or not, unless we get a starting caliber goalie in return, Miller is here to stay for now because Enroth isn't ready to be a full time starter.

I do like this signing though. Guys pretty good at the current level that he's playing. Can't wait to see him transition leagues, and see how he adjusts.

Don't feed the troll!

EDIT: Too freekin late.

4th actually. Carry on.

way too nitpick when you know exactly what im saying though...

oh thats what trolls are? people who disagree? then your a troll too buddy.

Someones point was that Miller has carried the team the past few seasons. You brought up 07-08. 5 seasons ago. So your point is we should trade Miller because he didn't carry the team in 07-08 when we scored a bunch of goals.

Did I get it right?

Someones point was that Miller has carried the team the past few seasons. You brought up 07-08. 5 seasons ago. So your point is we should trade Miller because he didn't carry the team in 07-08 when we scored a bunch of goals.

Did I get it right?

nope. in my opinion hes never had to carry the team, even the year he won the vezina (puke) he had a very good team in front of him. does everyone forget that you have to score goals to win games? you cant win 0-0...

nope. in my opinion hes never had to carry the team, even the year he won the vezina (puke) he had a very good team in front of him. does everyone forget that you have to score goals to win games? you cant win 0-0...

So your point is that we have so many great goal scorers that we don't need him?

So your point is that we have so many great goal scorers that we don't need him?

yes just combine them with the right coach and we might have something there... go look at some past stats and tell me derek roy sucks HAHA. he had ONE bad year get over it. pominville 32 effin goals. vanek can hit 40 again. stafford 31 goals last year. ennis foligno yeah baby, but your right this team is talentless and cant score and miller rules. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

yes just combine them with the right coach and we might have something there... go look at some past stats and tell me derek roy sucks HAHA. he had ONE bad year get over it. pominville 32 effin goals. vanek can hit 40 again. stafford 31 goals last year. ennis foligno yeah baby, but your right this team is talentless and cant score and miller rules. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bottom half of the league in goals for doesn't thrill me. You can't combine a bunch of different years to make up a team.

Archived