Have we lost a lot of people?

Rabbit151

When I searched for a forum that Sabre fans chatted on last summer, this was the one I found. Lately it seems there isn't much chatter.

Is some other, bigger site taking everyone? I find it hard to believe the whole Sabres Nation on-line is about a hundred people.

When I searched for a forum that Sabre fans chatted on last summer, this was the one I found. Lately it seems there isn't much chatter.

Is some other, bigger site taking everyone? I find it hard to believe the whole Sabres Nation on-line is about a hundred people.

Perhaps it is just a return to sobriety after the last three games.

Rabbit--I feel the same way--not sure where all the Sabres fans are hiding (generally, not just this week). There was a usenet group; not sure if that's still around. But that group probably only had fifty or so regular participants.

I think there is a bit of breath holding going on. I felt the same today.

This is a good team, but as Buffalo fans, we are a bit like Charlie Brown kicking the football, and Lucy is thinking about pulling the ball out of position... :wacko:

Fushetti, Corp, Knight, with all due respect, I don't think you're the subjects of Rabbit's remarks; I think he's wondering why the board membership in general is so small and not why people aren't around right now (and actually, the same people are, including all of you).

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I took Rabbit's remarks to mean that he wonders where Sabres fans hang out on the 'net in general if those fans aren't here.

Fushetti, Corp, Knight, with all due respect, I don't think you're the subjects of Rabbit's remarks; I think he's wondering why the board membership in general is so small and not why people aren't around right now (and actually, the same people are, including all of you).

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I took Rabbit's remarks to mean that he wonders where Sabres fans hang out on the 'net in general if those fans aren't here.

Well, i may get kicked of the Mod Team for this remark, but there are other fans who post on the "established" sabres BBS. The "established" site may contain quantity, but SabresReport.com contains quality. With that said, keep the quality posts coming!

Well, i may get kicked of the Mod Team for this remark, but there are other fans who post on the "established" sabres BBS. The "established" site may contain quantity, but SabresReport.com contains quality. With that said, keep the quality posts coming!

Are you talking about the official site? I post there occasionally, but I think there are too many people, and too many casual fans...alright, I'm done being a snob.

i'm still here, just been really freakin busy

That describes me until May1. I also took the post to wonder whether there is another, larger cyber community of dedicated Sabre fans. No expertise here but not that I know about.

Here's an idea - lets beat the Sens tonight!

I admit to staying away from the boards during the losing streaks - it is superstition!

Well, not entirely! But, I just have a tough time dealing with the "sky is falling" consensus that seems to grip so many people. I am not saying I am happy about this losing streak or how the effort does not appear to be there, but I feel as this point in time we are playing with the house money. We were just not supposed to be this good this year. I believe that they will get back on track. I am just excited to be a fan of this organization that after so many listless years seems to have a clear mission and how they want to get there. (unlike what seems to be happening over at One Bills Drive)

it seems to me like ther was/is a board with more members and traffic out there...but it was a little more sophmoric. i used to check it once in awhile before the lockout. can't remember what it was called...

Jester, was it this one? :P

^_^

Seriously, guys like you and Darin and Campy and PTR can add a lot here, but don't stop by enough IMHO.

A Habs or Leaf troll or two would spice it up, too. ;)

It's kind of like when humans wonder if we're alone in the universe. Yes, there is message board life beyond our little corner of cyberspace. You'd be surprised what's out there for Sabre fans on the Internet, sites few people have seen. Kind of like Sasquatch, I don't know. :)

Yes, there are busier boards than this one. But sometimes a board can have too many posts. The board I'm thinking of is constantly threatening suspensions, reminding people of the rules, etc. That can be annoying. This board is kind of like Mayberry. Nothing exciting happens, and that's the way we like it. There's a tremendous amount of respect among the posters, perhaps too much. Sometimes this board, IMHO, lacks a bit of passion. But at least we're not living in inner city Detroit -- crowded and crime-ridden. :)

What this site offers is some great features to go along with the board. SDS and staff are to be credited. The news links on sabresreport.com are invaluable. I don't know what I would do without them. Whoever is in charge of doing that -- THANKS! He or she is quite anonymous. I believe his or her identity will not be revealed until 10 years after his or her death. We recently got news feeds. And now we have a blog to enjoy. Myself, I'm kind of partial to the TDISHs and the Top 10s. :)

This is a cool place to hang out. I think we just need a few more posters and little more fire at times.

This is a cool place to hang out. I think we just need a few more posters and little more fire at times.

You want ToddKaz back? :P Actually I like the board and it's current active participation. It's like going out with a small group of friends and talking hockey over a few beers. :)

You want ToddKaz back? :P Actually I like the board and it's current active participation. It's like going out with a small group of friends and talking hockey over a few beers. :)

Actually, I was thinking it's kind of funny how he hasn't been here since March 9...hmm seems who is playing for which team is more important than the game itself to some.

Archived