GDT: Colorado at Sabres 3/14/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

No one here, and certainly no one on the Sabres, should take this game lightly. Colorado is in the same playoff drive as the Sabres. They are tied with 3 other teams (!) for #8 in the WC. They also have more wins and more points than the Sabres do. And they've won 4 out of 5 and 8 out of 11.

The Myers suspension gives those members of the Sabres who are so inclined a built-in excuse to lose this one. Let's see how the fragile little children respond. I'd especially like to see Vanek, who has 6 goals in his last 34 games, put in an appearance.

I knew it was something awful like that, but just reading the actual statistic is brutal. 6 in 34? Who would've thought that Vanek would morph into Stafford for the second half?

Nope. Valentine's day is the day for women, thats why steak and bj day is one month later. No contrived romance, silly cards or flowers. Just a steak and a bj and done.

Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday...but this is OUT-standing! :clapping:

I always celebrate 3/14 as Steak and BJ Day!! Happy holidays to all my Sabre fan brothers. Here is how your day should go:

Eat a nice thick juicy steak for dinner

Watch the Sabres victory vs. Colorado

Enjoy a BJ from your SO.

http://www.steakandbjday.com (NSFW)

Well hot damn a Hockey game and my 2 other favorite things all on the same day. :worthy:

Now all I need to do is share this with my wife and convince her it's a real holiday. ;)

Lets go Buffa-lo

Nope. Valentine's day is the day for women, thats why steak and bj day is one month later. No contrived romance, silly cards or flowers. Just a steak and a bj and done.

Hey I got that during the last game! Minus that steak though. My girl made pork chops that night.

It's taken a few years but I've finally got my wife conditioned to this day. Here is our conversation this morning.

Her: So I know today is your "holiday" (complete with roll of the eyes)...

Me: I had forgotten, thanks for reminding me.

Her: Well you're going to need to pick up your own steak after work and cook it yourself..

Me: Not a problem!! :w00t:

Atleast she didn't say she would take care of the steak and you would be in charge of taking care of the second part yourself

It's taken a few years but I've finally got my wife conditioned to this day. Here is our conversation this morning.

Her: So I know today is your "holiday" (complete with roll of the eyes)...

Me: I had forgotten, thanks for reminding me.

Her: Well you're going to need to pick up your own steak after work and cook it yourself..

Me: Not a problem!! :w00t:

she's not making you do EVERYthing yourself ... is she? cuz doesn't that kind of negate half the point of the holiday?

Valentine's Day may have been designed for women, but it's most definitely for men too!

Oh absolutely, S&BJ day is celebrated only in the spirit of your partner having a completely fulfilling experience on 2/14. Everyone wins!

she's not making you do EVERYthing yourself ... is she? cuz doesn't that kind of negate half the point of the holiday?

The steak and BJ do not necessarily need to occur in that order, and there is no stipulation that the steak be prepared by your wife or girlfriend (in fact I'd rather she not cook it), but the BJ itself must be completed unaided by your partner. Unless you're Ron Jeremy.

Oh absolutely, S&BJ day is celebrated only in the spirit of your partner having a completely fulfilling experience on 2/14. Everyone wins!

The steak and BJ do not necessarily need to occur in that order, and there is no stipulation that the steak be prepared by your wife or girlfriend (in fact I'd rather she not cook it), but the BJ itself must be completed unaided by your partner. Unless you're Ron Jeremy.

:blush:

Guest Sloth

After the Islanders went up 4 to 1last night, I stopped watching w/ the thought the Sabres would be trying to tie the Capitals this evening. Yep, I was wrong on that. Now the Sabres are in a situation where if they lose tonight, they're out in my opinion.

Or Maynard.

I knew it was something awful like that, but just reading the actual statistic is brutal. 6 in 34? Who would've thought that Vanek would morph into Stafford for the second half?

and how many shots and minutes over that period i wonder...

After the Islanders went up 4 to 1last night, I stopped watching w/ the thought the Sabres would be trying to tie the Capitals this evening. Yep, I was wrong on that. Now the Sabres are in a situation where if they lose tonight, they're out in my opinion.

They need to go 9-0-0 to hit 92 points. There are 12 games left, including tonight.

Every game from here on out is a must-win.

They need to go 9-0-0 to hit 92 points. There are 12 games left, including tonight.

Every game from here on out is a must-win.

Think you meant 9-3 ... I have no hope of them beating the Rangers / Flyers on the road. So IMO, that leaves only one more loss allowed against Col, Mon, Min, @Fla, @TB, @Was, Pit, Tor,@Tor and @Bos. A tall order at best and is most likely not going to happen. A finish around 86 points is more likely ...

Think you meant 9-3 ... I have no hope of them beating the Rangers / Flyers on the road. So IMO, that leaves only one more loss allowed against Col, Mon, Min, @Fla, @TB, @Was, Pit, Tor,@Tor and @Bos. A tall order at best and is most likely not going to happen. A finish around 86 points is more likely ...

Oops, yes, 9-3-0. On the road and distracted.

I can see them taking 7 of those 9 games, the rest I can't guess what they'll do, inconsistent as they are.

Oops, yes, 9-3-0. On the road and distracted.

I can see them taking 7 of those 9 games, the rest I can't guess what they'll do, inconsistent as they are.

1. Totonto

2. @ Toronto

3. Minnesota

4. Montreal

5. @Tampa

6. @Florida

7. Tonight Colorado

8. ABSOLUTELY MUST BEAT THE CAPS

9. 2 points from @NYR, Pittsburgh, @Philly, and @ Boston

Not easy, and no room for error, but the team that's taken the ice the last 2 months can absolutely do this.

1. Totonto

2. @ Toronto

3. Minnesota

4. Montreal

5. @Tampa

6. @Florida

7. Tonight Colorado

Not easy, and no room for error, but the team that's taken the ice the last 2 months can absolutely do this.

I believe its possible, statistically. But, I feel we'll split with toronto and lose 1 against Florida/Tampa.

Well have to step it up and win 2 or 3 against the better squads to have a chance. Can't look past tonight. Avs are fighting for their playoff lives as well, this game will show who is playing with more desperation.

Also a side note. Barry Melrose was saying that Myers was warned earlier this year by the league about those type of hits. That's the reason for the 3 games.

1. Totonto

2. @ Toronto

3. Minnesota

4. Montreal

5. @Tampa

6. @Florida

7. Tonight Colorado

Some good news for us ... the Caps have a tough remaining schedule. The bad news is that the all of a sudden, the Caps are in good form.

@WIN, @CHI, @DET, @PHI, WIN, MIN, BUF, @BOS, MON, @TB, FLA, @NYR

To get to 92, the Caps need 7 wins. I don't see 7 in that group of opponents ...

Archived