(OT) Official March Madness and Championship week thread

FolignosJock

Um first post was me saying I was rooting for VCU, your pick didnt get out of the first four.....

Also i would be interested in hearing how mnay Iona Gaels games you watched this year, or if you just regurgitated some Bull you heard on a selection sunday show.

My pick was the New Mexico Lobos. They made it just as far as the Commonwealth. And what does it matter to you how many Gaels games I watched?

My pick was the New Mexico Lobos. They made it just as far as the Commonwealth. And what does it matter to you how many Gaels games I watched?

Because its funny to call a team your sleeper pick when I would bet that you hadnt seen any LIVE game action and just heard some idiot like Doug Gottlieb say to watch out for them

Nothing like a good ol' New Mexico vs Virginia Commonwealth, trashtalk smackdown.

It's almost as good as worrying about who the Sabres matchup against if they make it to the playoffs.

except that VCU has a legit program

Because its funny to call a team your sleeper pick when I would bet that you hadnt seen any LIVE game action and just heard some idiot like Doug Gottlieb say to watch out for them

Ever since I moved to new Mexico and got sucked into Lobos basketball and therefore NCAA basketball, I like comparing teams based on points, rebounds, assists, and FG%. Iona was #1 in points and assists and #2 in field goal %, and yet they were playing for a #14 seed. That's why I called them a sleeper. I have no idea who Doug Gottlieb is. But hey, go make your bets, there, champ. Keep being you.

Ever since I moved to new Mexico and got sucked into Lobos basketball and therefore NCAA basketball, I like comparing teams based on points, rebounds, assists, and FG%. Iona was #1 in points and assists and #2 in field goal %, and yet they were playing for a #14 seed. That's why I called them a sleeper. I have no idea who Doug Gottlieb is. But hey, go make your bets, there, champ. Keep being you.

I actually adopted the women's team at one point as I was on a puddle jumper going into Tucson and sat with the team. It broke the ice when I was booked in a seat next to their 6'5" center and I am built like Langston Walker myself. Even though we could have made a super baby, sanity prevailed and one of the guards switched with her. They were good kids and a lot of fun.

Hey Mr. Big Bucks director of the tournament....

There is a reason why people pay the most money to sit at center court...because it's the best view! I don't want to watch the game from your aerial cam, I don't want to watch it from a camera one foot from the floor, and I don't want to watch it from a camera attached to the backboard.

Stop trying to out do yourself and stick to the KISS PRINCIPLE!

It pleases me that Louisville made it to the Final Four. I mean, if my Lobos are going to stink it up after one win like they do year after agonizing year, the least I can hope for is the team that knocks them out ends up looking really amazing. Vicarious glory, be mine!!!

Which really sucks, because a matchup between Kentucky and a healthy North Carolina would have been a fantastic championship game. Feel really bad for Marshall.

Agreed. UNC lost to UK 73-72 earlier in the year. Could have been a great rematch.

I know this is not a new time slot from past years championship games, but a 9:23PM Eastern tip off? WTF!

Drink some coffee gramps!

How else are they going to be able to jam cliched ambiguity down our throats unless the have a solid 2.5 hours of pre-game histrionics.

What a lopsided game. My bracket was shot after the first weekend and officially dead yesterday (I had Missouri and Ohio State in the finals). I still don't get the obsession with March Madness, but I'm sure it's more fun when you have an attachment to one of the participating schools. At least if Kentucky wins the guy at work who will win the pool has agreed to buy beer for the lab. ;)

What a lopsided game. My bracket was shot after the first weekend and officially dead yesterday (I had Missouri and Ohio State in the finals). I still don't get the obsession with March Madness, but I'm sure it's more fun when you have an attachment to one of the participating schools. At least if Kentucky wins the guy at work who will win the pool has agreed to buy beer for the lab. ;)

Because of the massive difference in skills between the top tier schools and the ones like my Lobos, March Madness is usually very short-lived. Thank God for the professional leagues, and their "Finish Last = Draft First" system. The NCAA is a joke for anyone who actually likes surprises.

Because of the massive difference in skills between the top tier schools and the ones like my Lobos, March Madness is usually very short-lived. Thank God for the professional leagues, and their "Finish Last = Draft First" system. The NCAA is a joke for anyone who actually likes surprises.

Well there was at least one surprise upset (Lehigh over Duke), but yeah, from what little I've seen of college basketball and football, it's nowhere close to a level playing field.

Well there was at least one surprise upset (Lehigh over Duke), but yeah, from what little I've seen of college basketball and football, it's nowhere close to a level playing field.

And why would it be? The best high schoolers see the dollar signs already when they get recruited by colleges, and they pick the winningest schools possible, for the most exposure and chances of trophies, it's natural. Sure, some players make emotional decisions and play for their parents' alma maters and what not, but 95% of the best kids always go to the winningest schools, and therefore those schools STAY the winningest schools....

It's definitely nowhere close to a level playing field, but at least in basketball there's a chance for a miracle run, and the eventual winner earns it on the court. There's upsets every year, and sometimes those upset teams go deep (Butler the past couple seasons, for instance). Football on the other hand...don't even get me started. It's a complete joke of a system.

Ok. So I briefly have turned on Channel 4.

These refs suck. I can't tell you how many offsides calls have been missed. I think it's just about every play, though.

And then, the hand passes. They're even allowing them in the offensive zone!

I haven't seen a good fight yet, and the last clean check resulted in not one, but two, penalty shots.

The substitutions are clumsy, I can't even see the goalies' pads, much less the goalies, and every time someone goes behind the net, there's a whistle.

But the puck is big and orange. (Is Fox in charge?)

Anyway, the Scouts are playing some team from Kentucky. I didn't know Kentucky had a team.

It's very confusing.

Ok. So I briefly have turned on Channel 4.

These refs suck. I can't tell you how many offsides calls have been missed. I think it's just about every play, though.

And then, the hand passes. They're even allowing them in the offensive zone!

I haven't seen a good fight yet, and the last clean check resulted in not one, but two, penalty shots.

The substitutions are clumsy, I can't even see the goalies' pads, much less the goalies, and every time someone goes behind the net, there's a whistle.

But the puck is big and orange. (Is Fox in charge?)

Anyway, the Scouts are playing some team from Kentucky. I didn't know Kentucky had a team.

It's very confusing.

:lol:

Archived