(OT) Official March Madness and Championship week thread

FolignosJock

Whoever the tutor was for Fab should be beat up. How can he not go to class or hand in work. What an idiot. Time for Freshman Christmas to step up along with the two seniors. Scoop and Kris. This will be the second year in a row when syracuse is a #1 seed we lost our #1 center.

Whoever the tutor was for Fab should be beat up. How can he not go to class or hand in work. What an idiot. Time for Freshman Christmas to step up along with the two seniors. Scoop and Kris. This will be the second year in a row when syracuse is a #1 seed we lost our #1 center.

yupp!

I would really like to see them make a good run in the tourny this year though!

What a day. After watching my Noles struggle to come back and survive the Bonnies (man, STB was lights out in the first half, and the Bonnies hit three big threes in the last two minutes - FSU just couldn't put them away late), all hell broke loose in the tourney. Missouri, Duke, Michigan, Memphis....all fell by the wayside.Two no.2 seeds dropped in the first round by 15s.

Michigan State had their hands full with Saint Louis. That team just would not die. You could see Tom Izzo on the sidelines with a smirk like "are you kidding me?" when St. Louis hit that three late in the game.

I'm finding it intriguing to see how many individually stupid players are single-handedly killing their teams with dumb plays at the absolute worst possible times. I've seen at least three over the last two days. Unreal.

Am I?

Hey I got an idea. You should wait til it's over and then tell us what you were predicting would happen. Like usual.

Um first post was me saying I was rooting for VCU, your pick didnt get out of the first four.....

Also i would be interested in hearing how mnay Iona Gaels games you watched this year, or if you just regurgitated some Bull you heard on a selection sunday show.

VCU BABY!!!!!!!!

I was in disbelief that they were about to head to the Sweet 16 again. And then I was in disbelief that they blew it against Indiana.

Does anyone know if the teams generally return home between now and Sweet 16 (same question applies to between Elite 8 and Final)? I would assume so, but I imagine they'd only be home for ~2.5 days (ex. travel home Sunday night after playing, travel Wed. for a Friday game).

I was in disbelief that they were about to head to the Sweet 16 again. And then I was in disbelief that they blew it against Indiana.

Does anyone know if the teams generally return home between now and Sweet 16 (same question applies to between Elite 8 and Final)? I would assume so, but I imagine they'd only be home for ~2.5 days (ex. travel home Sunday night after playing, travel Wed. for a Friday game).

I am almost positive that VCU didnt last year... however i dont know if that had to do with length of travel or time between games or coaches preference. Also Saturday was tough but for the ninth youngest team in the country who only loses one player to be replaced by his brother who they say is ahead of him at the same point in their careers, VCU looks promising as long as Shaka stays. Tough for a freshman to take that huge shot and just miss, I feel for the kid

Of course they go home! They have to go to class. Didn't you know they are scholar athletes?

Well, all of them except Fab Melo...

just keep pouring salt in the wound. Syracuse had a chance this year pre-Melogate :bag:

Salt, sand and H202. I'm a cuse fan, too. I am forever worried about academic eligibility after the fall semester ends. This guys is so dumb he became academically ineligible while in the midst of a semester.

Salt, sand and H202. I'm a cuse fan, too. I am forever worried about academic eligibility after the fall semester ends. This guys is so dumb he became academically ineligible while in the midst of a semester.

Agreed on that point. The Syracuse program will have a lot of cleaning up to do in the offseason to get Melo back on good academic standing, address the failed internal drug testing thing and address any legal fallout from the Bernie Fine story. Might be tough to have super strong recruiting classes like the Christmas/Carter-Williams/Cooney class if there are issues hanging over the school.

Agreed on that point. The Syracuse program will have a lot of cleaning up to do in the offseason to get Melo back on good academic standing, address the failed internal drug testing thing and address any legal fallout from the Bernie Fine story. Might be tough to have super strong recruiting classes like the Christmas/Carter-Williams/Cooney class if there are issues hanging over the school.

If they make a run in the tournament I don't think any of that other stuff will matter when it comes to recruiting - the only thing that would hurt is the NCAA taking scholarships.

If they make a run in the tournament I don't think any of that other stuff will matter when it comes to recruiting - the only thing that would hurt is the NCAA taking scholarships.

You may be right, but I can't see a mother urging her kid to go to cuse just cause they made a good run this year. I still think the other baggage of this year will catch up to them eventually.

You may be right, but I can't see a mother urging her kid to go to cuse just cause they made a good run this year. I still think the other baggage of this year will catch up to them eventually.

You are confusing your family with the families that most of these kids come from. There is a reason they can still flunk classes despite tutors taking their tests for them.

You are confusing your family with the families that most of these kids come from. There is a reason they can still flunk classes despite tutors taking their tests for them.

Hey man you don't know my mother (:nana:)

I guess you may be right, families from the :ahem: more urban neighborhoods are far more likely to just be happy to see thier kid play ball and have a better shot at the NBA. Education be damned at that point.

Archived