(OT) Official March Madness and Championship week thread

FolignosJock

Ok. So I briefly have turned on Channel 4.

These refs suck. I can't tell you how many offsides calls have been missed. I think it's just about every play, though.

And then, the hand passes. They're even allowing them in the offensive zone!

I haven't seen a good fight yet, and the last clean check resulted in not one, but two, penalty shots.

The substitutions are clumsy, I can't even see the goalies' pads, much less the goalies, and every time someone goes behind the net, there's a whistle.

But the puck is big and orange. (Is Fox in charge?)

Anyway, the Scouts are playing some team from Kentucky. I didn't know Kentucky had a team.

It's very confusing.

Well done!

What a lopsided game. My bracket was shot after the first weekend and officially dead yesterday (I had Missouri and Ohio State in the finals). I still don't get the obsession with March Madness, but I'm sure it's more fun when you have an attachment to one of the participating schools. At least if Kentucky wins the guy at work who will win the pool has agreed to buy beer for the lab. ;)

you spoke too soon. they made a game of it with their second half charge, but just didn't have the horses.

Syracuse should have been there - they had the athletes and scoring depth to keep up with Kentucky, they just didn't have anyone that could pull down a rebound once Melo went out for being the stupidest human being on the face of the planet.

Because of the massive difference in skills between the top tier schools and the ones like my Lobos, March Madness is usually very short-lived. Thank God for the professional leagues, and their "Finish Last = Draft First" system. The NCAA is a joke for anyone who actually likes surprises.

really? butler went to the last two national championships, vcu made the final four, richmond made the elite eight, a lot of cinderellas have made runs very recently

really? butler went to the last two national championships, vcu made the final four, richmond made the elite eight, a lot of cinderellas have made runs very recently, this is the first time in a while that the game was played by two number 1's

And one of those #1's was actually a #2!!! ;)

you spoke too soon. they made a game of it with their second half charge, but just didn't have the horses.

Syracuse should have been there - they had the athletes and scoring depth to keep up with Kentucky, they just didn't have anyone that could pull down a rebound once Melo went out for being the stupidest human being on the face of the planet.

Exactly. Syracuse was my pick to win until Melo was ruled ineligible. One of my buddies is a Syracuse alum, and his exact words when learning of the ineligibility were "If I ever meet him, I'm going to punch him in the balls".

really? butler went to the last two national championships, vcu made the final four, richmond made the elite eight, a lot of cinderellas have made runs very recently

No, you're absolutely right. Those teams made cinderella runs. How many teams are there again? Obviously, you think this handful of teams constitutes "a lot". Your idea of parity is interesting to me. :blink:

No, you're absolutely right. Those teams made cinderella runs. How many teams are there again? Obviously, you think this handful of teams constitutes "a lot". Your idea of parity is interesting to me. :blink:

Half of the teams in the last 2 championships were from small conferences. That defines parody. 14 of the last 21 NBA Titles have been won by three teams (Chicago, San Antonio, and the Lakers) thats worse parody than baseball!

Half of the teams in the last 2 championships were from small conferences. That defines parody. 14 of the last 21 NBA Titles have been won by three teams (Chicago, San Antonio, and the Lakers) thats worse parody than baseball!

Your post has a much different tone and meaning if you use parity instead of parody.

And one of those #1's was actually a #2!!! ;)

You reply too quick I fixed it

Um really?? They are from the A10 the CAA and the horizon league and they were half of the final four teams last year. Obviously power conferences get higher profile recruits but these teams have shown that with a goob squad and great coaching you can make it all the way to the ship. College basketball is easily the sport that has the most chance for an upset. David vs Goliath happens just about every march.

Um really?? They are from the A10 the CAA and the horizon league and they were half of the final four teams last year. Obviously power conferences get higher profile recruits but these teams have shown that with a goob squad and great coaching you can make it all the way to the ship. College basketball is easily the sport that has the most chance for an upset. David vs Goliath happens just about every march.

Archived