Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

I wonder how the voters would react if he somehow found instant chemistry with Vanek and took off. I really wouldn't mind if he snunk into that Calder race.

Right. We gave up a "what if" for a "producing now" player. Short term, at least on paper, its a win. Although new players in Buffalo dont seem to fit in and instantly produce.

I hope he doesnt wear the cursed #19

Right. We gave up a "what if" for a "producing now" player. Short term, at least on paper, its a win. Although new players in Buffalo dont seem to fit in and instantly produce.

I hope he doesnt wear the cursed #19

According to WGR this morning he's wearing #12. I guess you could make the Kotalik case, but he's a winger and Hodgson's a center, so I'm going to choose to not make that case.

First, that lineup was what I expect to happen, not what i want to happen. However, SDS brought up a good point and I think there's a decent chance he gets a shot with Vanek. I'd like to see Ennis get a chance with Vanek and Pominville, but I won't complain if it's Hodgson...basically, I want Roy off that line. For the first time in my life I'm actually excited about a western road trip, just to see how this works out.

We all know Lindy is not going to take Roy off that line barring an injury. I agree with you on Ennis though. I would like to see how he plays with Vanek. I just don't see it happening.

We all know Lindy is not going to take Roy off that line barring an injury. I agree with you on Ennis though. I would like to see how he plays with Vanek. I just don't see it happening.

I'm not sure what team you watch, but the one I watch changes linemates like an OCDer washes his hands.

According to WGR this morning he's wearing #12. I guess you could make the Kotalik case, but he's a winger and Hodgson's a center, so I'm going to choose to not make that case.

Good to know. Kotalik is far enough away in the timeline to not make me want to vomit seeing #12.

This is a pretty neat thread over at the Canucks board where a guy re-caps fans reactions in real time as the news of the trade broke. First its elation that Kassian is coming, then things go apeshit when they hear who is going the other way. http://forum.canucks...-in-20-minutes/

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing it. I loved how they thought they were getting Kassian and Tyler Myers for Hodgson.

Except he was playing for the Amerks that night.

but it is sabres university that we are talking about. if kassian were playing "out of character" (and not in a good way) based on directives from his coaches in rochester, that is ultimately lindy's and darcy's responsibility and, i submit, was their call as well.

And who says Vancouver will know how to use him? I spent some time reading Canucks' forums last night, and one of the interesting things that came out was a particular criticism of Vigneault: he's brutal on young players and defensive responsibility. Seeing as one of the criticisms of Ruff is that he has too short of a leash with young players, it'll be fascinating to watch if Vigneault is any better for Kassian's development.

interesting.

This is a pretty neat thread over at the Canucks board where a guy re-caps fans reactions in real time as the news of the trade broke. First its elation that Kassian is coming, then things go apeshit when they hear who is going the other way. http://forum.canucks...-in-20-minutes/

Absolutely classic - they thought Kassian AND Myers were coming back and then thought "maybe I'll like it." I also heard on TSN that at least ONE GM was very pissed as he was trying to pry away Hodgson for the last 3 weeks (bet it was Burke).......Nice work Darcy!

Edited by CallawaySabres

I think kaleta should go to fourth, and Lindy should put Boyes back on the 3rd to have another scoring line. Even though he is not producing, give him a chance cause I think Boyes is better on the offensive side then kaleta is.

I'd like to see a 3rd scoring line as well. Gerbe-Hodgson-Boyes works for me.

Fans almost always overvalue their prospects though. Just look at the stuff said around here about so many of our draft picks.

Compare our reaction to losing Kassian to their reaction. Ours was like a 3 while theirs went to 11.

LOL @ that Canucks thread.

Funniest part is them thinking for a while we were trading Myers back to them.

I think the funniest part was McKenzie referring to Gragnani as a "high profile young defenseman" :lol:

Fans almost always overvalue their prospects though. Just look at the stuff said around here about so many of our draft picks.

This is definitely true. The one thing I'll say is that a lot of Canucks fans were saying how just last year they thought Hodgson was a bust, but this year he won them over with his play. It's almost the polar opposite of what has happened with Kassian and Sabres fans. We thought he was our answer to Lucic, and his play convinced (I use this word very loosely, maybe it's better to say his play raised concerns) us otherwise.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This is definitely true. The one thing I'll say is that a lot of Canucks fans were saying how just last year they thought Hodgson was a bust, but this year he won them over with his play. It's almost the polar opposite of what has happened with Kassian and Sabres fans. We thought he was our answer to Lucic, and his play convinced (I use this word very loosely, maybe it's better to say his play raised concerns) us otherwise.

Wasn't the "bust" tag mostly due to the back problems that seem to be resolved now?