WTF Wednesdays

Samson's Flow

Also, if we are going to make a thread exclusive to every day, I cast my vote for a "WTF Wednesday" - in honor of our franchise goalie's signature WTF wave move.

We could discuss stupidity that we have witnessed throughout the day (i.e. stupid driving, poor social skills, general lackluster decision making).

I'll nuke it. And, isn't it Wednesday right now? Maybe not in Guam or something...

So it is... lol

Losing track of days is not a good sign for my overall well being. I was had the idea yesterday night and figured I would wait until... today?

The reason I was thinking of starting this is that yesterday while driving home from work on Pearl St (one way) a car took a wrong way right on red and proceeded to drive right at me. I frantically flashed my lights/honked/waved to let the guy know that he was gonna crash into me. Instead of realizing his error he flips me the bird and keeps driving.

WTF man?

I was driving to work this morning and there was a stopped school bus with THE RED FLASHERS GOING! We were going up a hill out of Ithaca towards Newfield, and it's two lanes going up the hill, one going down. I was going up, in the left up lane. Bus was in the right 'up lane'. Car behind me decided he didn't have to stop, swerved around me and passed the bus...I flipped him the bird and did my best Miller WTF Wave.

WTF man?

I've had so many WTF moments while driving that they don't even qualify as such anymore. Seriously, I could document at least one WTF moment per day on my commute to and from work.

I didn't realize I was making a "how not to drive - the SabreSpace story" documentary. No ugly outfits? No mischevious kids? Come on guys and gals...

I didn't realize I was making a "how not to drive - the SabreSpace story" documentary. No ugly outfits? No mischevious kids? Come on guys and gals...

Oh, I've had plenty of those too. I was more commenting on the first two examples being driving examples and that those have become so mundane for me that they can't qualify as WTF moments anymore. With the slow lifestyle of the native NC'ers combined with the aggressive NYC/NJ/Boston transplant drivers, it creates the perfect storm of insanity and mayhem on the roads.

Two WTF moments yesterday at the corner grocery store. A very obese woman wearing stretch pants she had no business being seen in public wearing, then topping it off with a t-shirt that left the skin rolls of her belly partially exposed. Seriously. WTF?? :sick:

Then there is the androgynous cashier named "Dusty" at that store. I've been in his/her check out lane numerous times, but it's still a WTF moment each and every time.

Oh, I've had plenty of those too. I was more commenting on the first two examples being driving examples and that those have become so mundane for me that they can't qualify as WTF moments anymore. With the slow lifestyle of the native NC'ers combined with the aggressive NYC/NJ/Boston transplant drivers, it creates the perfect storm of insanity and mayhem on the roads.

Two WTF moments yesterday at the corner grocery store. A very obese woman wearing stretch pants she had no business being seen in public wearing, then topping it off with a t-shirt that left the skin rolls of her belly partially exposed. Seriously. WTF?? :sick:

Then there is the androgynous cashier named "Dusty" at that store. I've been in his/her check out lane numerous times, but it's still a WTF moment each and every time.

My g/f has been spending the last two months in south carolina and all I ever hear about is how people drive so slow in the left lane causing people to race past in the right lane. Apparently driver's ed (or education in general) has failed miserably down there...

I... dont??

I mean, men with men, fine. But it opens the gate barn door. I even looked the other way with donkeys and sheep (actually I may have peeked a little), but chickens?!?!.. I mean,.. WTF,.... Aaaaaah,.. nevermind.

I mean, men with men, fine. But it opens the gate barn door. I even looked the other way with donkeys and sheep (actually I may have peeked a little), but chickens?!?!.. I mean,.. WTF,.... Aaaaaah,.. nevermind.

You've gone off the deep end SwampD, and I think I like it :blink:

My g/f has been spending the last two months in south carolina and all I ever hear about is how people drive so slow in the left lane causing people to race past in the right lane. Apparently driver's ed (or education in general) has failed miserably down there...

Once you pass the Mason-Dixon line, lane discipline is non-existent. Just pass where you can cause you'll be waiting all day before someone moves right out of the left-hand lane.

I went to a Chinese buffet yesterday for lunch (not my idea). The selection was pretty sparse, they didn't have WHITE RICE available. WTF. As a friend put it, "That's kinda their thing, isn't it?"

Coming out of the gym last night, crossed a not-so-busy street at the crosswalk. Crosswalk has a full sized stop sign in the middle of it to notify drivers that it is NY law that you must stop at a crosswalk with pedestrians in it. Cars coming from the left and right both stopped. Truck coming up from behind the car on my right sped up and went around the car that stopped. I had to grab my wife and pull her back about 4 feet or she would have been creamed by the jackass in the truck

WTF?

A good friend of mine decided yesterday to work out in the AM, then shower, then have breakfast in his TV room...naked. The TV room is at the front of the house. Anyone coming to the front door (mailman, Jehovah's witness, anyone) and glancing into the window has no choice but to catch a glimpse at whoever is inside. Sure enough, my wife stops by to drop something off, and gets herself an eyeful of naked cereal-eating guy. I don't think there is any harm to my marriage, and my friend is a great guy, but...WTF?

A good friend of mine decided yesterday to work out in the AM, then shower, then have breakfast in his TV room...naked. The TV room is at the front of the house. Anyone coming to the front door (mailman, Jehovah's witness, anyone) and glancing into the window has no choice but to catch a glimpse at whoever is inside. Sure enough, my wife stops by to drop something off, and gets herself an eyeful of naked cereal-eating guy. I don't think there is any harm to my marriage, and my friend is a great guy, but...WTF?

:lol: that is certainly a WTF moment. May get worse if she starts visiting the neighbor more often (I kid :nana:)

The reason I was thinking of starting this is that yesterday while driving home from work on Pearl St (one way) a car took a wrong way right on red and proceeded to drive right at me. I frantically flashed my lights/honked/waved to let the guy know that he was gonna crash into me. Instead of realizing his error he flips me the bird and keeps driving.

WTF man?

Yesterday while driving home from work, I turned right onto a one way street, and some jack-ass was coming the wrong way down the street. Instead of pulling off to the side and waiting until the traffic was clear so he could pull a U-turn and correct his error, he just starts honking, flashing his lights, and waving. So I drove by him and threw him the finger. I mean... WTF?

Yesterday while driving home from work, I turned right onto a one way street, and some jack-ass was coming the wrong way down the street. Instead of pulling off to the side and waiting until the traffic was clear so he could pull a U-turn and correct his error, he just starts honking, flashing his lights, and waving. So I drove by him and threw him the finger. I mean... WTF?

Well played. :thumbsup:

Is this a pre game show for Complaint Thursday or something?

post-1415-0-05269900-1328721539_thumb.gif

I originally prefaced it as more of a "wtf is that guy thinking" type thread, but it seems to be pretty borderline to the complaint thursday thread. :oops:

Here's a quick WTF moment from an AP article on Owen Nolan's retirement:

Nolan, who compiled 1,793 penalty minutes, is perhaps best known for his called shot in the 1997 All-Star Game. He was in alone on goalie Roman Turek and pointed to the top-right corner of the net before hitting the spot to complete a hat trick.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7552331/owen-nolan-formerly-san-jose-sharks-announces-retirement

Ummmm...that was Dom. WTF?

I've been playing some hockey lately at RIT in the mornings. They have a hockey class where the women's assistant coach teaches us drills and we play mini games and scrimmage as well. I used to play goalie but my knee prevents me from doing so, and there is always a shortage of quality goalies for these things.

So there's a nice young lady who has been playing net for us in the mornings. Nice girl, not too bad of a skater, but...completely immobile in the crease. Her gear looks well worn, she presents the appearance of someone who has played competitive hockey at some point, but beyond that is hands down the worst goalie I've ever played against. Won't go down in the butterfly, flops to make saves and can't get back up, and makes almost no effort to stop routine shots.

If you aren't going to or aren't capable of trying, then why are you even taking the time to come out, suit up and get on the ice?

It makes me sad. I loved playing net. I hope I can do it again some day when I have more time to dedicate to building leg strength and when I have the money for good pads. I make no claims of having ever been an exceptional talent. But I tried hard, and I worked on my game, and I made sure that the people I was playing with were happy that I was there.

But man, this girl makes me do the WTF wave.

Archived