GDT: Buffalo at Long Island, 2/4/12 at 7pm

Eleven

I want to see the same swarming efforts that I've seen in the last three games (well, all I saw was the end of the NJ game, but the effort was there). Keep the energy and pressure up, and the goals will come; they can't hit posts forever.

I want to see the same swarming efforts that I've seen in the last three games (well, all I saw was the end of the NJ game, but the effort was there). Keep the energy and pressure up, and the goals will come; they can't hit posts forever.

There has been a huge difference the last three games. The consensus at the water cooler was that it has been a result of pressure being removed by the Sabres being so far out of 8th,

The Islanders have been playing well and are 6-4 over their last ten. They have had some nice winns as of late against Ottawa, Philly and Washington. Not to mention the 5-1 drubbing of the Red Wings. Tavares has been hot and is currently 5th in the league in scoring. The Islanders are also good on special teams, 5th in PP and 8th in the PK.

There has been a huge difference the last three games. The consensus at the water cooler was that it has been a result of pressure being removed by the Sabres being so far out of 8th,

The Islanders have been playing well and are 6-4 over their last ten. They have had some nice winns as of late against Ottawa, Philly and Washington. Not to mention the 5-1 drubbing of the Red Wings. Tavares has been hot and is currently 5th in the league in scoring. The Islanders are also good on special teams, 5th in PP and 8th in the PK.

The Sabres have a psychological makeup of a lot of women. They use dates, and anniversaries......they ride the emotional waves up and down.....and they used the all star break to come in with a clean slate. They have a history of feeding off of recent goings. Once the bubble bursts however, they have no self-confidence and the results and effort dry up. When it is crunch time, they are seldom to be found. They will put in the effort until they get a few "bad breaks", then they will oh woe is me, it. That's the sick part....when they try they can compete with a lot of teams. People get giddy when these guys make an effort they should be making all along.....like a crackhead who is sober and shows up to work on time 3 days in a row.

That being said, the Ranger game was fun to watch. Islanders -140 tonight. That is sad.

tons to do before the game. straightening, vacuuming, polishing, cooking ... TOO MUCH! i'll be glad for the break by the time the game rolls around.

if they play like they have the last 3 games, it's a win. isles are hot, yah ... but you can't stop a moving freight train!!! even if it is just the little engine that could. :)

If we don't want to use injuries as a crutch its still essentially the same team that sucked all season even though they're mostly healthy. All I ask at this point is an honest effort for 60 minutes. Who knows maybe some of the dead weight picks it up and enhances their trade value. GO SABRES !

Buffalo lights its up tonight and scores 6, and Miller with back to back shut out.

Wow, I will seriously sign up for 4 goals scored right now. We haven't scored more than 3 goals 13 straight games and have only scored 6 one time (it took OT to do it). I like you're optimism but I've lost all faith in our scoring. We win games 1-0 and 2-1. The opposition scores 3 and you may as well stick a fork in us.

If we don't want to use injuries as a crutch its still essentially the same team that sucked all season even though they're mostly healthy. All I ask at this point is an honest effort for 60 minutes. Who knows maybe some of the dead weight picks it up and enhances their trade value. GO SABRES !

I wonder if that is in the minds of some of the players?

Wow, I will seriously sign up for 4 goals scored right now. We haven't scored more than 3 goals 13 straight games and have only scored 6 one time (it took OT to do it). I like you're optimism but I've lost all faith in our scoring. We win games 1-0 and 2-1. The opposition scores 3 and you may as well stick a fork in us.

Oh your right but the offence has to come some time right????

This article has some pretty interesting stats on the Sabres with all the regular D-men vs a mix of call-ups. As tiring as the injury excuse has gotten, the record is telling and I hope this is a sign of more games like the last three than the previous 20+.

http://niagara-gazette.com/prosports/x2009900552/Healthy-defense-corps-has-Sabres-winning-again

Both Ennis and Stafford had the flu but are expected to play tonight.

The Sabres have a psychological makeup of a lot of women. They use dates, and anniversaries......they ride the emotional waves up and down.....and they used the all star break to come in with a clean slate. They have a history of feeding off of recent goings. Once the bubble bursts however, they have no self-confidence and the results and effort dry up. When it is crunch time, they are seldom to be found. They will put in the effort until they get a few "bad breaks", then they will oh woe is me, it. That's the sick part....when they try they can compete with a lot of teams. People get giddy when these guys make an effort they should be making all along.....like a crackhead who is sober and shows up to work on time 3 days in a row.

That being said, the Ranger game was fun to watch. Islanders -140 tonight. That is sad.

I completely agree with the bolded part. It all comes back to mental toughness, and the utter lack thereof on this roster since Black Sunday.

Anyway, I'm going to the game tonight. I'm taking my 8-year-old daughter and one of her crazy friends to their first NHL game. This could go well, or it could be a complete debacle.

BTW, my son's first NHL game was in 2005, and was also Sabres vs Islanders in Nassau. The Sabres won that game on a gorgeous TC move in the shootout after Kotalik tied it up in regulation with 30 seconds left.

Go Sabres.

Archived