GDT: Buffalo at Long Island, 2/4/12 at 7pm

Eleven

I suddenly feel WAY better about the 3rd period!

There is nothing to indicate period three will be better than periods one and two. If they start period three like the way they started the prior three games then they could come back and win the game.

Really liking Gerbe, Ennis, Stafford

I like the way they been playing also, but Stafford just refuses to put in any extra effort. near the end of their last shift, Stafford could of hustled and went for a puck at the side of the net, but you could see he just gave up on it. Aside from 2 bad turnovers tonight, Ennis has looked really good since coming back, now he just needs to find the net.

There is nothing to indicate period three will be better than periods one and two. If they start period three like the way they started the prior three games then they could come back and win the game.

From an effort standpoint, I don't see what was wrong with the 1st period until the 3rd goal went in. The late goal may be enough to spark them for a strong 3rd.

Hopefully they come out better than they did for the 1st half of the 2nd, they looked discombobulated*.

* Word of the day.

From an effort standpoint, I don't see what was wrong with the 1st period until the Hate goal went in. The late goal may be enough to spark them for a strong 3rd.

I have to disagree. The effort was much weaker and they paid for it. I haven't perceived a momentum shift either.

I like the way they been playing also, but Stafford just refuses to put in any extra effort. near the end of their last shift, Stafford could of hustled and went for a puck at the side of the net, but you could see he just gave up on it. Aside from 2 bad turnovers tonight, Ennis has looked really good since coming back, now he just needs to find the net.

I agree, he just lofted around like he was walking. Staff does absolutely nothing for this team, he has zero effort and doesn't battle for anything.

I agree with gare, this period is huge, if we lose I fear that we are really done.

I agree, he just lofted around like he was walking. Staff does absolutely nothing for this team, he has zero effort and doesn't battle for anything.

I agree with gare, this period is huge, if we lose I fear that we are really done.

There was one shift in the first period were Martin blocked a shot and was hobbled, on the same shift he out-battled Stafford for the puck, cleared the zone and limped to the bench. That is all you need to see to know Stafford's head was not on this game.

There was one shift in the first period were Martin blocked a shot and was hobbled, on the same shift he out-battled Stafford for the puck, cleared the zone and limped to the bench. That is all you need to see to know Stafford's head was not on this game.

Ah good call, I was going to mention that in my post.

In a side note, pommers needed to take his time there instead of a golf swing, net was wide open. 10 minutes to go.....

Second game in a row in which the announcers mentioned that the puck picks up speed on a deflection, this sounds strange. Any science geeks out there that can explain?

It's physically impossible. Only way it can pick up speed is if someone hit it while it was travelling in its current path at a higher rate of velocity than the puck was already travelling.

Ah good call, I was going to mention that in my post.

In a side note, pommers needed to take his time there instead of a golf swing, net was wide open. 10 minutes to go.....

He's panicking without his Vanek blanket. Leino is looking okay, though.

Archived