Why not put a 500 pound man in goal?

TheFunPolice

Sports science actually covered this one. While there is no size limit to the goalie, there are size limitations on the goalies pads. Basically it comes down to the fat guy taking too many shots at 100 mph to unprotected body parts. So yeah, nobody would want to do it.

Sports science actually covered this one. While there is no size limit to the goalie, there are size limitations on the goalies pads. Basically it comes down to the fat guy taking too many shots at 100 mph to unprotected body parts. So yeah, nobody would want to do it.

Bullspit. I'm going to put on 400 lbs and prove you all wrong. Who wants to chip in for my grocery/beer bill?

Interesting... so if someone was really large, he wouldn't be allowed to wear as much padding?

Really?

Oh, what the hell, why not.

Even a 500 lb man isn't 4' x 6'. If he leaves holes, snipers will find them.

We need a man who is 4' x 6'. I don't care how much he weighs, he just has to be 4' x 6' or larger.

What if he were to lay on his side the whole game? Then he'd only need to be 6' x 4'... would still have some coverage difficult by his head and skates though... hmmm....

What if he were to lay on his side the whole game? Then he'd only need to be 6' x 4'... would still have some coverage difficult by his head and skates though... hmmm....

So if he's 7' tall x 4' + wide were in luck? What's shaq doing now a days? After making $500 million throughout his career, I doubt he'd have motivation to do it. What about Oliver Miller? He's gotta have those dimensions (I know he was only 6'9" but I'm certain he was 4' wide and his career fizzled out pretty quick. Maybe he needs a buck.

Although, I'd like to hear what nickname Shaq would give himself. Round mound of rebounds?

Even fat people have holes. Most of the time they are donut holes tho.

This isn't one of those "roll 'em in the flour" jokes, is it?

GO SABRES!!!

So if he's 7' tall x 4' + wide were in luck? What's shaq doing now a days? After making $500 million throughout his career, I doubt he'd have motivation to do it. What about Oliver Miller? He's gotta have those dimensions (I know he was only 6'9" but I'm certain he was 4' wide and his career fizzled out pretty quick. Maybe he needs a buck.

Although, I'd like to hear what nickname Shaq would give himself. Round mound of rebounds?

You could always just "stack" your calves.

GO SABRES!!!

Things are slow, people are getting goofy, so here is a idea: a 500 pound man+ all of his equipment would completely block the net

He wouldn't even really need to ever move. Assuming he could stand the whole game, why wouldn't it work?

Chances are they couldn't fit thru door onto the rink, and if they climbed over they jumped over the boards, the landing would cruch teh cooling pipes.

Actually, I think that over the years goalies have needed to get more leaner and agile compared to the "no mask" era. Being able to go post to post in a split second for a kick save is more acrobatic than some end-to-end rushes, it just doesn't take long.

Interesting... so if someone was really large, he wouldn't be allowed to wear as much padding?

Not that he wouldnt be allowed to wear as much padding, he can wear the same padding all the other goalies wear....the 180 pound goalies. Or in our case the 165 pound goalies...

Archived