What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Look, I tried to be nice.  I really did.

But ###### you and your disdain for the simple royalty of the green bean.  People like you.  Always going for the home run, which you seldom get, when you could have double after double after double.

Yeah, the asparagus hits it once in a while.  The green bean hits it every time.  So, do you want to be a once-in-a-while banger?  Or get it every night?

Enjoy your twice-a-month, my man.  Us string bean folks, we know better.

//typed alone for the night and sleepy, but funny.

EDIT:  I've got to kick for tonight.  A trainer at 730 am and a judge at 9 paired to eviscerate me.  I need sleep.  We will take up your problems tomorrow.

3363947147_8c1522ef93_o.gif

Well that got weird.

I know, right?  Beans?  No wonder he's alone.

In my 4 years here, I've never seen someone be so sure about something that is so wrong. Thank you weave, for fighting the good fight, but I'm afraid he may be a lost cause.

Rhineblick in Canandaigua with Josie's parents. We love this place. Best German food in town.

You've got to let us know next time you're headed down here. Mrs. Bottle and I would love to catch a drink with you guys.

In my 4 years here, I've never seen someone be so sure about something that is so wrong. Thank you weave, for fighting the good fight, but I'm afraid he may be a lost cause.

You've got to let us know next time you're headed down here. Mrs. Bottle and I would love to catch a drink with you guys.

We say it every time we go haha we always end up there on a whim. We'll make it happen at some point.

I did that with my wife.  I've got her mother to medium right now.  She's still a work in progress though.

I am a prisoner in my own home right now.  After dinner I made a pineapple-habanero salsa.  Nothing overly special.  But in a fit of laziness I chopped the hab holding it with my bare fingers.  I've washed my hands 4 times now.  It's still there.  I don't dare touch my eyes, nose, or sensitive spots. 

I suppose it would be foul play to get cuddly with the missus right now, huh?

The science nerd in me is trying to figure out whether you need something basic to neutralize the burn (soak your hands in milk?) or something oil-based to remove the capsaicin (like dissolves like).

The science nerd in me is trying to figure out whether you need something basic to neutralize the burn (soak your hands in milk?) or something oil-based to remove the capsaicin (like dissolves like).

I'll be OK.  Really.  What we all really need to do is figure out how to fix Eleven.

I think it may involve something oil based, like kerosene, exposed to a nice potassium chlorate and phosphorus mixture.

:huh:

I was thinking more like a humiliation therapy.  I guess your idea is more likely to work though.

Dude, watch out for those NSA jackboots now.

Edited by weave

:huh:

I was thinking more like a humiliation therapy.  I guess your idea is more likely to work though.

Dude, watch out for those NSA jackboots now.

matches. It's just matches. phosphorus and KCLO3. I was thinking that we could grill some asparagus for him and he'd change his mind.

matches. It's just matches. phosphorus and KCLO3. I was thinking that we could grill some asparagus for him and he'd change his mind.

LOL You lost me at kerosene.  I think he needs a more intensive therapy than simple exposure.  We may have to water board him with melted butter and parmesan cheese shavings.

Tried a new pizza joint last night (that delivers because it was storming and I was dirty from working in the yard). I kid you not: passable wings. Not Bar Bill or anything, but if I were in Buffalo they'd be average. They were even relatively hot, although that could be more about me being way out of practice.

I'll do a pre-emptive post for tomorrow: we'll be eating homemade white cherry pie for dessert. I have it in the oven right now, and the smell is killing me! No way to inconspicuously sample it ahead of time, so I'm stuck waiting.

White cherry pie? Do tell.

Royal Anne cherries, to be more specific. They're tough to find locally anymore, but luckily Amazon sells them:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Fruit-Pitted-Cherries-15-Ounce/dp/B000I66258

Generally larger in size than the standard red cherries, and sweeter (but maybe not as sweet as dark cherries?). My mom always used them and they are head and shoulders above the tart kind usually found in pies. Only bummer is the Amazon sets come with 8 cans, and you only need 3 per pie. I've used them in cobbler as well and they are quite good.

Royal Anne cherries, to be more specific. They're tough to find locally anymore, but luckily Amazon sells them:

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Fruit-Pitted-Cherries-15-Ounce/dp/B000I66258

Generally larger in size than the standard red cherries, and sweeter (but maybe not as sweet as dark cherries?). My mom always used them and they are head and shoulders above the tart kind usually found in pies. Only bummer is the Amazon sets come with 8 cans, and you only need 3 per pie. I've used them in cobbler as well and they are quite good.

What makes it white?

What makes it white?

My dad always calls them white cherries, but they're more like a pale yellow/pink color than white. Kind of like albino cherries, lol. (Bit of a misnomer.)

Edited by biodork

Fried soft shells, spicy lime sauce, and a corn maque choux tonight. An Emeril recipe that is just awesome.

I use Rice Chex instead of Panko as need to be Gluten Free tonight for guests.

Great recipe...first peelers of the season for me. Can't wait to snip their faces off!

For lunch, saved just enough Mahi from dinner last night to throw on do a quick tequila, lime, cumin marinade and have fish tacos !

When it gets hot (95 yesterday) , seems like I want to eat seafood for every meal.

Edited by plenzmd1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.