GDT: Sabres @ Capitals, 12/30/11, 7PM

LabattBlue

I'm ready to stop watching these games, since pegula took over, he has not been what he should be. If he wanted to win a cup, he'd have skilled players and a new staff, but nope, just another stupid owner, no matter what he says, the actions are not there. I'm fed up.

Stupid owner? Terrible. Frustration needs to be directed at the coach/GM/players who have been here for what feels like an eternity, not the new owner one year into his ownership. Give him a freaking chance to succeed, God knows we've given the rest of these clowns plenty of chances...

Stupid owner? Terrible. Frustration needs to be directed at the coach/GM/players who have been here for what feels like an eternity, not the new owner one year into his ownership. Give him a freaking chance to succeed, God knows we've given the rest of these clowns plenty of chances...

Everybody, myself included, bought into his "we will win a cup" and that he has been a huge fan and season ticket owner. If he has been a true fan/season tix holder,then he would have realized years ago that lindy and Darcy need to go. But what does he do, buy the team have total control, makes NO FN COACHING/GM CHANGES! Just makes friends with them :(

Yeah for the kid that was (born) (raised) (in Buffalo) :wub:

Someone's feelings must have been hurt. Was it the fact that I pointed out that you clearly do not know the difference between "their" and "there"? I mean something must be wrong for you to still be jocking me.

Everybody, myself included, bought into his "we will win a cup" and that he has been a huge fan and season ticket owner. If he has been a true fan/season tix holder,then he would have realized years ago that lindy and Darcy need to go. But what does he do, buy the team have total control, makes NO FN COACHING/GM CHANGES! Just makes friends with them :(

He hasn't even been the owner for ONE YEAR yet. Good Lord. Terry Pegula is NOT the problem, and that's just absurd.

The team sucks right now, but if you really think you can buy a team, snap your fingers, and win a cup immediately, then that is just ridiculously delusional.

He hasn't even been the owner for ONE YEAR yet. Good Lord. Terry Pegula is NOT the problem, and that's just absurd.

The team sucks right now, but if you really think you can buy a team, snap your fingers, and win a cup immediately, then that is just ridiculously delusional.

I think you buy a team and cut the dead weight. Also never tell Lindy Ruff he's not going anywhere. :wallbash:

And if you think you can buy a very average hockey team, coached by an equally average coach, and run by an invisible GM in love with his draft picks, and expect to win cups, making NO changes whatsover? I'd say you were delusional.

But I don't know what you think, do I?

Looks like Chz DELETED it.

Hmmmnnn.........

Yet, a thread titled "Breasts" remains.

And if you think you can buy a very average hockey team, coached by an equally average coach, and run by an invisible GM in love with his draft picks, and expect to win cups, making NO changes whatsover? I'd say you were delusional.

But I don't know what you think, do I?

Ruff and Regier remain for only one reason, Pegula was too busy being everybody's friend instead of being the owner this franchise needs.

3 months into the first Pegula season and fans are fed up. Oh well, that was a short honeymoon.

PTR

Yup. For his sake, gotta hope Pegula saved his receipts for the team, the locker room and that Golisano has a very lenient return policy.

(And somewhere, a very large, rich former candidate for Governor is laughing...)

Did you ever get THE present you wanted all year for Christmas and by about 9:30 Christmas morning, you're already done with it?

Very sad.

Yup. For his sake, gotta hope Pegula saved his receipts for the team, the locker room and that Golisano has a very lenient return policy.

(And somewhere, a very large, rich former candidate for Governor is laughing...)

Did you ever get THE present you wanted all year for Christmas and by about 9:30 Christmas morning, you're already done with it?

Very sad.

This however, is the the same worn out shirt I've been getting every year since 2001, however this year they decided to stick it in a different box.

I'd say that makes extreme disappointment a more than reasonable reaction.

This however, is the the same worn out shirt I've been getting every year since 2001, however this year they decided to stick it in a different box.

I'd say that makes extreme disappointment a more than reasonable reaction.

If there is one good thing about Darcy though, it is that he keeps impeccable hygiene. That shirt will not smell and your collar will be starched to perfection.

And you're proud of what they've accomplished? I can care less about some stupid fn laser measured ice, I see no difference. Also, I think that locker room should be a reward after a cup.

Very sad.

I guess few of the frustrated fans see the irony. We all got the dream owner we said we wanted, and because the teams looks like crap now we are throwing Pegula under the bus. I've seen two-year olds with more patience.

Dial it back a notch. You don't buy championships. But unlike the Bills, at least the Sabres have an owner who will do what he can money-wise.

PTR

I guess few of the frustrated fans see the irony. We all got the dream owner we said we wanted, and because the teams looks like crap now we are throwing Pegula under the bus. I've seen two-year olds with more patience.

Dial it back a notch. You don't buy championships. But unlike the Bills, at least the Sabres have an owner who will do what he can money-wise.

PTR

What does "buying a championship" have to do with the complaint of fans? It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with Pegula's lack of foresight. Pegula should have known that bringing back Ruff and Regier was not going to go over well with fans. No amount of rugs or coats of paint can cover that mistake.

What does "buying a championship" have to do with the complaint of fans? It has nothing to do with money. It has to do with Pegula's lack of foresight. Pegula should have known that bringing back Ruff and Regier was not going to go over well with fans. No amount of rugs or coats of paint can cover that mistake.

Just for the sake of argument, assuming Pegs blows it up tomorrow and fires DR, LR, or both, and trades the dead-weight floaters from the roster, how long does The Cloud give the new regime?

GO SABRES!!!

Just for the sake of argument, assuming Pegs blows it up tomorrow and fires DR, LR, or both, and trades the dead-weight floaters from the roster, how long does The Cloud give the new regime?

GO SABRES!!!

Time is earned. There is no preset time frame. It will be dependent on the decisions the "new regime" makes.

GO SABRES!!!

It depends who comes in. My vote is for an old school GM and a younger, character coach who will hold these guys accountable yet still relate to the young promising kids. That's why I am trumpeting Boughner.

If I see guys working their tail off and standing up for each other, even if it means taking a step back for a year to really change the culture, I am fine with that. Then you build. If you get rid of DR/LR, you may have to change less of the team up than you think. You have guys that have shown the ability in the past, you just need a few real leaders to show them the way and a coach who will fight and grow WITH the players, not a Catholic School Nun who is constantly hitting guys with yardsticks.

Pegula pulls the trigger tonight on DR/LR, I am fine with the end of this year and next to recycle the trash and build an identity. You get the right 2 or 3 guys in here on the ice though, and you can win a series this year and be a contender next. It is obvious the current management doesn't value those leader types though.

It may fail.....but I will take possible failure over guaranteed failure. We never take enough risk to reap the big enough reward.

Time is earned. There is no preset time frame. It will be dependent on the decisions the "new regime" makes.

Fair enough.

GO SABRES!!!

It depends who comes in. My vote is for an old school GM and a younger, character coach who will hold these guys accountable yet still relate to the young promising kids. That's why I am trumpeting Boughner.

If I see guys working their tail off and standing up for each other, even if it means taking a step back for a year to really change the culture, I am fine with that. Then you build. If you get rid of DR/LR, you may have to change less of the team up than you think. You have guys that have shown the ability in the past, you just need a few real leaders to show them the way and a coach who will fight and grow WITH the players, not a Catholic School Nun who is constantly hitting guys with yardsticks.

Pegula pulls the trigger tonight on DR/LR, I am fine with the end of this year and next to recycle the trash and build an identity. You get the right 2 or 3 guys in here on the ice though, and you can win a series this year and be a contender next. It is obvious the current management doesn't value those leader types though.

It may fail.....but I will take possible failure over guaranteed failure. We never take enough risk to reap the big enough reward.

Sounds reasonable.

GO SABRES!!!

PTR

My comment has nothing to do with Pegula (seems like a great guy) and everything to do with the latest team assembled by Darcy. We've seen what he can do with cheap owners and what he's done with a deep-pocketed owner isn't any different as I see it as much as I wanted to think otherwise.

So, was it deleted? If so, I'd like to know why, as well. I thought it was a good post and that would be a level of censorship I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

I was told that she was going to unlock my thread, which I locked, but hit the delete button instead by accident.

You have to take a lady at her word.....don't you?

Archived