GDT: Sabres @ Capitals, 12/30/11, 7PM

LabattBlue

What is the name of this team? The BUFFALO Sabres. This team represents Buffalo. Sorry to inform you but regardless of the player's origin they play for Buffalo

They play for the NHL franchise in Buffalo. There are about a handful of players that represent what this City is about. The rest of the roster has no correlation to the City other than the jersey.

3 months into the first Pegula season and fans are fed up. Oh well, that was a short honeymoon.

PTR

I predicted it when they kept Ruff and Regier.

The Roy and Stafford show, in his last 20 games Roy has 2 goals and is a -8, Stafford in his last 20 games has 2 goals and is -4. If it's any consolation they both have 7 assists.

Not only did Roy have the give away that led to the 2nd goal (game winner), but he made no effort to back check coasting back down the ice while the Caps made 4 passes and he still was at the blue line. In his post game presser Roy said "they" have to do better, he should of said I, he was the cause of that goal.

Disgusting. Truly disgusting. This is not Hockey Heaven, in fact I'd call this Hockey purgatory.

One quick question while I'm at it, why the hell is Christian Erhoff fighting more than Kaleta, McCormick and Gaustad combined? I appreciate his effort but we didn't sign him to fight, that's what those guys are supposed to do. So fed up with this crap.

There is only 1 .500. You play 37 games and only win 17 you can't consider the team .500. Fans that hold on to the 3 loser points as an attempt to make this team's record better than it is are just kidding themselves.

Yeah, I'm holding onto 3 points because I need to make this team's record better than it is. That is priceless. Even for you.

Back on point, you are wrong now just as you were wrong when you came up with this ridiculous notion in the first place. That is the simple reality of the scoring system in the league. Start a letter writing campaign and get the league to do away with OT losses if it bothers you so much.

In the meantime, are you gonna argue against it if the Sabres should miraculously qualify for the playoffs and their OT loss points are the difference? Then again, given your proclivity to find the cloud in every silver lining, you probably would. Hell, you'd want them to engrave an asterisk on the Stanley Cup if they ever won the damn thing as a result of qualifying based on OT loss points.

GO SABRES!!!

Yeah, I'm holding onto 3 points because I need to make this team's record better than it is. That is priceless. Even for you.

Back on point, you are wrong now just as you were wrong when you came up with this ridiculous notion in the first place. That is the simple reality of the scoring system in the league. Start a letter writing campaign and get the league to do away with OT losses if it bothers you so much.

In the meantime, are you gonna argue against it if the Sabres should miraculously qualify for the playoffs and their OT loss points are the difference? Then again, given your proclivity to find the cloud in every silver lining, you probably would. Hell, you'd want them to engrave an asterisk on the Stanley Cup if they ever won the damn thing as a result of qualifying based on OT loss points.

GO SABRES!!!

We are talking about the Buffalo Sabres, a team that has won 17 of 37 games played. You can come up with as many scenarios as you would like to justify the loser points, I really don't care.

I didn't see the first period so I have no idea how he got hurt other than someone saying he hadn't been back since he fought. Was it a cheap shot by a Cap? Thanks, chz.

GO SABRES!!!

Well, here's the fight (where's weave at lately with his Fight Night threads?):

Maybe a little elbow by Brouwer to set it off, but I don't see anything about an injury to Ehrhoff there.

It seems RJ, HN, and Rayzer are really grasping at straws lately to come up with positive commentary on the Sabres' play.

We are talking about the Buffalo Sabres, a team that has won 17 of 37 games played. You can come up with as many scenarios as you would like to justify the loser points, I really don't care.

Sure you don't.

The only scenario that matters is that those three points count in the standings. I don't have to justify them. The league already does.

Oh, and I doubt anybody is happy with winning 17 of 37 games.

Your need to gloat about team failures notwithstaning.

GO SABRES!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqgCdpX3t4

Maybe a little elbow by Brouwer to set it off, but I don't see anything about an injury to Ehrhoff there.

It seems RJ, HN, and Rayzer are really grasping at straws lately to come up with positive commentary on the Sabres' play.

I haven't seen the selling of a non-elbow like that since the late great S.D. Jones.

Sure you don't.

The only scenario that matters is that those three points count in the standings. I don't have to justify them. The league already does.

Oh, and I doubt anybody is happy with winning 17 of 37 games.

Your need to gloat about team failures notwithstaning.

GO SABRES!!!

Keep blowing that smoke.

A quick look at last years standings will show out of the 16 playoff team, all teams were at/over .500. Not loser point .500, actual .500. The year before was 14 of 16. The year before that was 16 of 16. You want to guess what happened the year before that.

Roy's play lately is disturbing. He seems to lack concentration. He's not focused when he has the puck. e.g. in the last game he was stickhandling inside the blue line (unpressured) and allowed the puck to go over the line. His play has markedly slipped from his play of last year.

If I were Lindy I'd sit him as soon as Tropp or someone else becomes available to play.

I believe that's the 7th in 16 games, the effort was better at times tonight, but still the shooting is poor and passing is terrible, Roy is probably the worst of the top 6 at least. I don't know if the lack of not playing together or what, but there's not much cohesion on the lines, I know they were shuffled tonight, but this has been ongoing. There needs to be a major shake-up with this team and I'm all for a move being made behind the bench, but I don't think Pegula will do that.

What a disgrace. I'm at the point now where I detest every forward on the team. And I don't want to hear about Vanek's and Pommer's "numbers." Neither they nor any of their fellow forwards are there when they're needed.

There is only 1 .500. You play 37 games and only win 17 you can't consider the team .500. Fans that hold on to the 3 loser points as an attempt to make this team's record better than it is are just kidding themselves.

Correct.

I'm not staying home to watch these games anymore. Not entertaining me. If someone gives me the green light, I'm on the town on hockey night. I'll post up a fight thread in the AM when I'm sober.

While their value is low right now I feel like we gotta move Roy and/or Stafford before their value gets any worse. It's one thing to say that Stafford is a 30 goal scorer or Roy is a 70 point player in a slump but we're already 37 games in and it's another thing when they get through 50-60 games or a full season like this exposed with their crappy numbers. It's beyond saying they're having a rough start... the season is nearly half over! I'm sick of seeing the non-effort or cute play from both of them. There's always someone out there who thinks their system will bring out the best in that player. I mean Toronto gave Connolly a 2 year deal with an annual salary higher than either of these guys. There's gotta be some interested teams who think once they take the shackles of Lindy's system off of them, they'll produce. I know we can't get a lot for them but honestly we weren't getting Joe Thornton, Getzlaf or Spezza for them even when they were playing better anyway. I'd be happy just to see a hard working 20-goal scorer or a younger guy who gives an honest effort every night. I'm sick of watching some of our "most talented" players getting outworked and outshined by our rookies and 4th liners. We have to do something... people in that finely remodeled locker room are too comfortable with 17 wins and their generous paychecks.

While their value is low right now I feel like we gotta move Roy and/or Stafford before their value gets any worse. It's one thing to say that Stafford is a 30 goal scorer or Roy is a 70 point player in a slump but we're already 37 games in and it's another thing when they get through 50-60 games or a full season like this exposed with their crappy numbers. It's beyond saying they're having a rough start... the season is nearly half over! I'm sick of seeing the non-effort or cute play from both of them. There's always someone out there who thinks their system will bring out the best in that player. I mean Toronto gave Connolly a 2 year deal with an annual salary higher than either of these guys. There's gotta be some interested teams who think once they take the shackles of Lindy's system off of them, they'll produce. I know we can't get a lot for them but honestly we weren't getting Joe Thornton, Getzlaf or Spezza for them even when they were playing better anyway. I'd be happy just to see a hard working 20-goal scorer or a younger guy who gives an honest effort every night. I'm sick of watching some of our "most talented" players getting outworked and outshined by our rookies and 4th liners. We have to do something... people in that finely remodeled locker room are too comfortable with 17 wins and their generous paychecks.

Good post, man. I agree.

I will tomorrow. Even I have a heart.

:unsure:

Archived