So, who would you target to obtain?

Weave

Ok, more reasonable,

Brad Boyes/Stafford

Jarrett Stoll (add if Stafford is the choice due to contract length)

Stoll is a pending UFA, Boyes/Stafford fills a need on the wing for LA and Stoll fills a need with some center depth for Buffalo

Boyes is a pending UFA, may have to add a little something, 3rd or 4th rounder.

It's a good fit for both teams, shake ups needed and addresses some concerns on the roster for both clubs.

Ok, more reasonable,

Brad Boyes/Stafford

Jarrett Stoll (add if Stafford is the choice due to contract length)

Stoll is a pending UFA, Boyes/Stafford fills a need on the wing for LA and Stoll fills a need with some center depth for Buffalo

Boyes is a pending UFA, may have to add a little something, 3rd or 4th rounder.

It's a good fit for both teams, shake ups needed and addresses some concerns on the roster for both clubs.

Maybe you missed Weave's post, but ummm, I think what Weave was alluding to is that we leave off the Sabres players that any trade would involve. just the pros and cons of a player that we want, that could be had. Obviously saying MALKIN or STAMKOS is not productive, but just telling us why Stoll would be good is plenty for the conversation to avoid the:

"ZOMG UR STOOPID AND R OVERVALUING HIM", "NO UR STOOPID AND R UNDERVALUING HIM".

Maybe you missed Weave's post, but ummm, I think what Weave was alluding to is that we leave off the Sabres players that any trade would involve. just the pros and cons of a player that we want, that could be had. Obviously saying MALKIN or STAMKOS is not productive, but just telling us why Stoll would be good is plenty for the conversation to avoid the:

Herding cats I tell ya.

Herding cats I tell ya.

It just gets annoying reading the "it's a no brainer!" ideas. I don't mind people saying let's get so and so, but the constant, "we need to get rid of this guy, but they'll only take this guy, and you're overvaluing that guy..." :wallbash: :wallbash:

I need to go back to the concussion thread. :(

It just gets annoying reading the "it's a no brainer!" ideas. I don't mind people saying let's get so and so, but the constant, "we need to get rid of this guy, but they'll only take this guy, and you're overvaluing that guy..." :wallbash: :wallbash:

I need to go back to the concussion thread. :(

Either one makes your head hurt.

I've always liked Martin Havlat. He's getting a little long in the tooth, but he's a big body, pretty decent in the playoffs, and seems to make others around him better, as well.

Hmmm... now there is a different name. He is supposed to replace Heatley in SJ though, right? He's having a quiet year for them. I wonder....................

I find it hard to believe what I posted was BS, especially since I stated it was a guess.

And yes, Dregger was merely putting his opinion out based on the Bobby Ryan scenario.

That doesn't make it any more or less a reality, it makes a possibility in his opinion.

And if indeed Getzlaf by any chance does become available, you throw what you have to at Anaheim to get him. Players like him aren't a dime a dozen and there currently isn't one on this Sabres team. He is precisely the type of component that is missing here. So I don't see how anything I mentioned in my post would not be on the table.

I highly doubt both. But yes, Kassian could very well be needed in the deal to get it done. And it's a no brainer, you do it.

My point is that your suggestion on what it would take to get Getzlaf -- i.e. "Roy, Stafford, Weber/McNabb or our 1st rd pick" is so far from reality that it is effectively (if not intentionally) BS.

Or, as others might better phrase it:

This is a ###### joke right? Start with Myers and Kassian, that might get Anaheim's attention.

Might...

My point is that your suggestion on what it would take to get Getzlaf -- i.e. "Roy, Stafford, Weber/McNabb or our 1st rd pick" is so far from reality that it is effectively (if not intentionally) BS.

Or, as others might better phrase it:

Go ahead. Feed the beast. :P

This is tricky. Picking up Getzlaf means the team is in a "win now" mode, meaning the Sabres can't trade away any of the big pieces. So what does the team have that (1) Anaheim would want and (2) wouldn't mean giving up Vanek, Myers, Miller, Pominville, etc. And how does the team make it work, cap-wise?

One idea: trade the next two or three first round picks, and send some salary to Rochester or another team via waivers or another trade for picks (Stafford, seeya!).

Myers and Pom would not be on my hold list

If it is true getzlaf or Ryan are on the market, wouldn't it because anaheim has similar feelings about these players as sabres do about there's.

If your going to say every trade is ridiculous if your asking for Malkin, Crosby, Datyzuk who the heck does Anaheim think they are going to get.

The Ducks stink and are not getting better IMO, they need more than one player, and isn't that exactly what the Sabres have to offer, young talent and prospects.

I would give up Myers in a deal for Getzlaf. He would definitely be an attention grabber in any trade conversation.

I would likely do so as well, but it would be a tough pill to swallow. I would rather give up literally any other 2 players on the Sabres' roster than Myers.

Maybe Vanek and McNabb or Vanek and Ehrhoff? I think Anaheim would want a good defenseman coming back.

Hey, it got the liger out of hiding, didn't it?

OK folks. Actual trade proposals lead to one thing only, "ZOMG UR STOOPID AND R OVERVALUING HIM", "NO UR STOOPID AND R UNDERVALUING HIM".

The idea is, pros and cons of players you'd think Buffalo might go after. Let's try it again.

You realise you can close the thread?

Yes on Parise and Doan. No thanks on the other 2.

No. Regehr was recruited. Otherwise he wouldn't have waived his NTC.

I blame you for this avalanche of BS, Weave.

Why not just post, and make everyone read, your thoughts on the possibility of Scarlett Johanssen showing up at your apartment in her underwear and driving your new Mercedes?

Answer: because it's a waste of everyone's time to read this nonsense.

Correct, but they aren't going to do so. This was just Dreger blowing hot air. Not as gaseous as the "possible trades" quoted above, but gaseous nonetheless.

Did I make you read it? no. Did it take a long time to read? I hope not. Was much of your time therefore wasted? no. Get over yourself, ass. Stranger things have happened in the NHL and lets face it, it beats the endless threads of Weave, Deluca, GoDD et all moaning about how everythings just as ###### now as it always has been under ruff and regier.

You realise you can close the thread?

Did I make you read it? no. Did it take a long time to read? I hope not. Was much of your time therefore wasted? no. Get over yourself, ass. Stranger things have happened in the NHL and lets face it, it beats the endless threads of Weave, Deluca, GoDD et all moaning about how everythings just as ###### now as it always has been under ruff and regier.

Note: This may be correct, just without the ass.

1337 i know, 1776 lost me lol. :)

It's a very important year to us yanks. Not so much to you Brits; you lost that one. (And the next one, but let's not get into all of it.) Happy Christmas, as you apparently say over there; enjoy your puddings and spotted puddings and roasted puddings and boiled puddings.

Yeah, they had a lot of trouble recruiting players over the summer. Stay on point; there's a whole thread for that stuff.

...and your point is, seeing what kind of flytrap Regehr, Leino, and Ehrhoff have landed in, you think the team will have similar success this offseason or ever again? See, that's my point, I do not. So I'm as on point as anyone else blabbing in here, bub.

I'm trying not to.

And you realize you are acting just as sanctimoniously as those you complain about, right?

Just woke up and re-read so yer, sort of got to involved last night. I stand by my opinions but apologies for the ###### attitude that came along with it on occasions

It's a very important year to us yanks. Not so much to you Brits; you lost that one. (And the next one, but let's not get into all of it.) Happy Christmas, as you apparently say over there; enjoy your puddings and spotted puddings and roasted puddings and boiled puddings.

Indeed, Happy Christmas. :)

Back on topic, whats the deal with Nick Foligno? I've heard people say about him but I know next to nothing about the player.

Archived