Stafford needs to go

Eleven

This trade rumor article in the Edmonton Journal mentions the Oilers' interest in Stafford, but contained a nugget I hadn't heard about before (or maybe I missed it):

Stafford an Oiler?

It's no secret the Oilers have long liked Buffalo Sabres struggling right-winger Drew Stafford.

While he could be a second-line fit if the Oilers deal Hemsky at the trade deadline, what could Edmonton give them that would definitely be a top six forward?

That's what the Sabres want. Stafford has five goals in his last 42 games (one of those against the Oilers, of course). Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall are off-limits. Stafford has had some family issues on his plate this sea-son, which hasn't helped things.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Western+conference/6033623/story.html

Anyone enlighten me on the family issues?

This trade rumor article in the Edmonton Journal mentions the Oilers' interest in Stafford, but contained a nugget I hadn't heard about before (or maybe I missed it):

Stafford an Oiler?

It's no secret the Oilers have long liked Buffalo Sabres struggling right-winger Drew Stafford.

While he could be a second-line fit if the Oilers deal Hemsky at the trade deadline, what could Edmonton give them that would definitely be a top six forward?

That's what the Sabres want. Stafford has five goals in his last 42 games (one of those against the Oilers, of course). Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle and Hall are off-limits. Stafford has had some family issues on his plate this sea-son, which hasn't helped things.

http://www.edmontonj...3623/story.html

Anyone enlighten me on the family issues?

At family dinners, no one eats, because if the food isn't perfectly passed to the next person, that person won't reach out for it.

• Like (+1) 3

Sooooo whens Regier getting fired? Because if he doesn't Stafford and Roy and everyone else who sucks huge b@!!$ will remain on this team indefinitely.... Regier is the largest tumor in that locker room of cancer and heartlessness...

Just so we are clear this teams offense is down 24% since 06... the league average is a 8% drop... Glad ppl are still making excuses for DR, you know the guy who came up with Staffords contract... :death: The really scary thing is I could Gm this team better then him... which is saying something because most ppl think I am crazy

Sooooo whens Regier getting fired? Because if he doesn't Stafford and Roy and everyone else who sucks huge b@!!$ will remain on this team indefinitely.... Regier is the largest tumor in that locker room of cancer and heartlessness...

Just so we are clear this teams offense is down 24% since 06... the league average is a 8% drop... Glad ppl are still making excuses for DR, you know the guy who came up with Staffords contract... :death: The really scary thing is I could Gm this team better then him... which is saying something because most ppl think I am crazy

This place, you're lucky they don't think of you as a talking wet cat.

I read Drew is having family problems this year. The Oilers might be a destination; he'd prefer it and he's got family there. But for the way he's hosed Buffalo, they should trade him to the hinterlands where he'll be miserable. (not where he prefers to go, Edmonton).

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Western+conference/6033623/story.html

I read Drew is having family problems this year. The Oilers might be a destination; he'd prefer it and he's got family there. But for the way he's hosed Buffalo, they should trade him to the hinterlands where he'll be miserable. (not where he prefers to go, Edmonton).

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

Isn't that pretty close to Edmonton?

This is my problem with trading these underachieving guys away, many of the buyers that might make a deal to try and get one fo these players are probably better teams that are gonna make the playoffs. I would really hate to see guys like Roy and Stafford get a pass and leave here, only to go on to better teams and play in the playoffs while the Sabres miss out. I would rather see them end up on worse teams with less chances for success. But I guess at the moment that might limit trading partners to the Blue Jackets only. Would they be interested in a Roy and Stafford for Nash deal?

Stafford for Hemsky straight up, get'r done Darcy!

Solves 2 problems, Sabres get rid of Stafford to a place where he has family and is possibly wanted, Edmonton gets rid of a player they are looking to deal

It doesn't get Buffalo another C, but it does get Stafford out of here

Why would Buffalo trade away Stafford for a RW'er that's going to be a UFA at the end of the season?

Stafford for Hemsky and a 2nd rd draft pick, maybe.

Isn't that pretty close to Edmonton?

This is my problem with trading these underachieving guys away, many of the buyers that might make a deal to try and get one fo these players are probably better teams that are gonna make the playoffs. I would really hate to see guys like Roy and Stafford get a pass and leave here, only to go on to better teams and play in the playoffs while the Sabres miss out. I would rather see them end up on worse teams with less chances for success. But I guess at the moment that might limit trading partners to the Blue Jackets only. Would they be interested in a Roy and Stafford for Nash deal?

You know better than this. Hopefully you were being sarcastic.

Why would Buffalo trade away Stafford for a RW'er that's going to be a UFA at the end of the season?

To get rid of Stafford's albatross of a contract.

Ever wonder why is Hemsky's name out there every year. It's because he consistantly underachieves for a 4.1million a year player.

Edmonton can't seem to get rid of him.

Once his contract expires at the end of the year, do you know who will be the next "Hemsky"? Drew Stafford.

I do't want Hemsky, but if that gets rid of the Stafford contract sign me up. What pick do the Sabres givae away for this gift?

You know better than this. Hopefully you were being sarcastic.

Atleast we know your sarcasim detector is functioning properly

As for Hemsky, theres that chance that the change in scenery helps him, same thing the Oilers would be thinking about Stafford. The Sbres might have to sweeten the deal because Hemsky becomes a UFA at the end of the year so the deals basically a salary dump for the Sabres.

Atleast we know your sarcasim detector is functioning properly

As for Hemsky, theres that chance that the change in scenery helps him, same thing the Oilers would be thinking about Stafford. The Sbres might have to sweeten the deal because Hemsky becomes a UFA at the end of the year so the deals basically a salary dump for the Sabres.

Edmonton would be getting a long term guy for someone they have no future with. They're the one that would probably have to throw in a pick or two to make the deal happen.

I don't think the Sabres will sign Hemsky as a UFA. So, why not get rid of Stafford for a pick, but I guess the Oilers would want to get rid of Hemsky and his salary. Oh, well ... seems I asked and answered my question in my post. Carry on.