GDT: Sabres at Predators 12/3/11 8:00PM

spndnchz

I wouldn't go that far. Ehrhoff could have played it differently but he made a good play and knocked the puck loose behind the net -- why would the forward jump into the crease without the puck?

They showed a better camera angle just now. Tootoo gets spun around and could have stopped. Instead he jumped. My mind has been changed.

I wouldn't go that far. Ehrhoff could have played it differently but he made a good play and knocked the puck loose behind the net -- why would the forward jump into the crease without the puck?

Agreed. Shamahan has to see that as well but chances are he won't. Pressures on him after his dressing down from the G.M'S

Agreed. Tootoo's crash was as much Ehrhoff's fault as it was Jordin's. That said, onus is on the forward to avoid goalie contact. He needed to know he wasn't going to be able to make that play.

I'm afraid that's what SHANAHAN is going to take into account and let TOOTOO off or at least go easy on him. I think he could of avoided him.

Agreed. Tootoo's crash was as much Ehrhoff's fault as it was Jordin's. That said, onus is on the forward to avoid goalie contact. He needed to know he wasn't going to be able to make that play.

My thought exactly. When I finally saw it a few seconds ago, my first thought - not so bad, but why did he jump? That took it from incidental contact to intent, IMO.

Hamilton has been skewering Tootoo - basically called him an idiot who got the thought in his pea-brain that he would get away unscathed so why not?

EDIT - d4rksabre, we must have been posting at the same time.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with what Tootoo did?

He's thinking, "we're down by 2 with nothin' goin' on, I have a chance to light up the stone wall that has been Miller up to that point, I'm takin' a shot." I'd want a guy on my team to do that.

I love the Sabres' reponse and it didn't work, but you have to try.

Is Tootoo little? I always thought he was a bit of a goon and sizable.

Yeah he is pretty short, 5'9" but 200 lbs. He's always been pretty dirty but is also tough as nails. I have no problem believing he took advantage of Ehrhoff's nudge to run the goalie and he leapt to "try to avoid contact."

I'm I the only one who doesn't have a problem with what Tootoo did?

He's thinking, "we're down by 2 with nothin' goin' on, I have a chance to light up the stone wall that has been Miller up to that point, I'm takin' a shot." I'd want a guy on my team to do that.

I love the Sabres' reponce and it didn't work, but you have to try.

I don't want a guy on my team doing something that dumb. Now that the spotlight has been shined (shone?) on contact with the goalie, that move is completely stupid and reckless.

Yeah he is pretty short, 5'9" but 200 lbs. He's always been pretty dirty but is also tough as nails. I have no problem believing he took advantage of Ehrhoff's nudge to run the goalie and he leapt to "try to avoid contact."

Not sure that is the best explanation of what happened, but it is certainly plausible. My problem is he went high on Miller and they know his neck issues.

I'd love for the "they won't play for Miller" people explain themselves, especially in light of last night's craptastic effort.

They won't, of course, unless the Sabs lose this one. There will be some excuse, some reason why this was a special night, instead, because Miller must suck, right?

I don't want a guy on my team doing something that dumb. Now that the spotlight has been shined (shone?) on contact with the goalie, that move is completely stupid and reckless.

Now it is. But we didn't know that until just now. He had to test it out.

Not sure that is the best explanation of what happened, but it is certainly plausible. My problem is he went high on Miller and they know his neck issues.

I'm saying I believe Tootoo went in on purpose and he jumped to make it look like he was trying to get out of the way of the collision. It sort of backfired and made it more obvious though.

I don't understand the message the league is trying to send. It seems to me they are saying that if yu are being stonewalled by a goaltender standing on his head then you can sacrifice a goon to take hm out. As long as one of your guys retalitates and shows a spine, the penalties will be even... momentum swings to the team taking out the goalie. Sounds like free reign on goalies to me.

Now it is. But we didn't know that until just now. He had to test it out.

I am not talking about the Sabres response but the league-wide attention to that issue, which I think was clarified when the GMs got together and basically condemned what Lucic did and said they wanted the goalies protected.

I can see bumping the goalie. Not launching yourself. That's just stupid, irresponsible and reckless.

Hey, that's me...why?

I'm sitting with wife, son and cosabre!

Person to your left is wearing a third jeresy? Two seats over from you right wearing a home blue, and there's a lady inbetween on the right?

Archived