GDT: Sabres at Predators 12/3/11 8:00PM

spndnchz

This is about right. It's two points. Miller looked good tonight (driving that trade value up) and Kassian took another step towards being a permanent fixture in the lineup. I thought Kassian deserved an assist on the Adam goal.

Why do people think Miller should be considered for trading? Miller and Vanek are the backbone of the Buffalo Sabres. Enroth cannot play 60 games yet. If I were to consider a trade, it'd involve Myers. The Sabres D is backloaded and Buffalo could get a very good forward in return for Myers. I wouldn't mind it if Myers and Stafford were traded to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Ryan is young and proven. It'd be an equal trade and it'd create some cap space.

Why do people think Miller should be considered for trading? Miller and Vanek are the backbone of the Buffalo Sabres. Enroth cannot play 60 games yet. If I were to consider a trade, it'd involve Myers. The Sabres D is backloaded and Buffalo could get a very good forward in return for Myers. I wouldn't mind it if Myers and Stafford were traded to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan. Ryan is young and proven. It'd be an equal trade and it'd create some cap space.

Who knew the Sabres had one?

:blink:

Well, yes, I realize I'm pretty much putting the cart before the horse, but I'm trying to stay positive here. :pirate:

This was a good game for the Sabres in light of recent games and I don't buy the injury excuse.

More so than LEINO, if there was ever a misleading stat it's 2 points for LEINO, I think he has like 7 assist, but I also believe that not one of them are the primary.

I thought that was one of the better games that I've seen Leino play though. His puck control in the corners and on the cycle was much more like we all saw when he was in Philly. And he was a plus 2. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come. On the other hand, Stafford continues to confound me. He has so much talent, but it's like he only has one gear. There were several loose pucks tonight that he just didn't go for, and i just don't understand that attitude from a professional hockey player. It he had half of Gerbe or Ennis's desire, he'd be near the top of the league. It is so disappointing.

No thanks ill keep Tyler and Stafford thats way to much to give for Ryan.

Finally! A good game by the Sabres and they defended their goalie. If Jordin Tootoo is not suspended, then I really don't know what to make of this league. The only problem I had with the Sabres defense of Miller tonight was that nobody sucker punched, cross checked or slashed in the face or just absolutely made it such that Jordin Tootoo could never play hockey again much less live. But, hey, that's okay. The only other problem I had was that in that fracas, Gaustad got hurt and didn't get a chance to run over Lindback, which is a problem as he's the best Sabres faceoff guy. Also, really good game by Ehrhoff both on the score sheet, but also in defending Miller. I was very happy with Ehrhoff overall tonight.

I thought the Sabres played pretty well, especially in the first, but they did not get anywhere near enough pucks on the net. They cycled a lot, which is good, but I'd like to see more pucks on net. Ennis has got to score on the open net. Apparently, it's easier for him to score with the goalie in than out. Additionally, Stafford absolutely has to score on the empty net as well. He can't put a lazy shot into the zone because an empty net goal puts the game out of reach.

Overall, I was very pleased with the performance tonight of the Kassian-Adam-Leino line in particular and overall the team played well. I loved the response to Tootoo, and if he's not suspended, then this league is a complete joke, and I agree with Lindy.

Ruff needs to just shut up. If his team played with heart it would have never became an issue.

Disagree. This isn't about the Sabres response. Again, IMO these are two separate issues - the Sabres response and play versus the league's inability to consistently enforce its own rules and properly discipline offenders. It's about calling out Shanny for his stupidity and ###### and the league for allowing it to escalate to this.

Ruff needs to just shut up. If his team played with heart it would have never became an issue.

Sounds like a bogus reason to hate on Ruff. Thank you, yet again, for continuing to prove my point in multiple different threads about how you consistently hate on members of the Buffalo Sabres simply because you don't like them with outrageously bogus reasons. Please still prove me wrong on how you are not a hypocrite and do not hate on people for bogus reasons. Oh wait, I'm still waiting and yet again, every time you post on this message board, you continuously prove me right. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Disagree. This isn't about the Sabres response. Again, IMO these are two separate issues - the Sabres response and play versus the league's inability to consistently enforce its own rules and properly discipline offenders. It's about calling out Shanny for his stupidity and ###### and the league for allowing it to escalate to this.

What does Ruff have to complain about? Miller was run and Tootoo got 5 minutes and a game misconduct for a play that would have gotten 2 minutes if anything at all prior to Nov. 12th.

Kassian's play was very enjoyable.

I agree.

I just want to point out that not every game has to be put in an historical context, or put in terms of how it will relate to us winning a Cup. Every once in a while you just have sit back and say,"What a good game?! That was fun!"

What does Ruff have to complain about? Miller was run and Tootoo got 5 minutes and a game misconduct for a play that would have gotten 2 minutes if anything at all prior to Nov. 12th.

Pissed that they ended up with only a 1-min PP and got a guy hurt in the ensuing scrum (Gaustad). Plus pissed he was validated that the league thinks it is open season on goalies.

Archived