Islanders at Sabres 11/29/11 7:00 PM

spndnchz

This Islander team is very talented up front. Weak in their own end. I would focus on limiting odd man rushes for the Isles and be patient with the puck--opportunites will come. This is a very winnable game if they continue on from what they did in the Cap game. Very loseable with a bad start.

We got smoked against the last place team in the west last weekend, please don't let us get smoked (or lose) to the last place team in the east in less than a week. I've got a good feeling we win another on home ice. Not predicting the score but Leino is OVERdue.

After living in Brooklyn for the last 5 years and seeing 12 Sabres games at Nassau Coliseum, I vowed never to go to another Sabres vs Islanders game again after I moved back to Buffalo. Well, my friend from Brooklyn who is probably the biggest Islanders fan in the world is making the trip up an we are going to the game tonight. This guy has unconditional love for his team. I just hope the Sabres show up, because they should have no problem beating this team. When they play hard, they usually beat them, but when they slack off its usually pretty ugly.

We're driving up to Toronto to see the Hall of Fame tomorrow, so I'd rather be the one doing the rubbing in.

Great ...

A part-timer is now our #1 centre ... again!!

I think these lines will be fine.

Sabres just need to play tonight just like they did against Washington. I thought that was one of the most complete games (minus a few penalties) this season. I hope to see that again. I would love to see Kass and Leino both score tonight!

I think these lines will be fine.

Sabres just need to play tonight just like they did against Washington. I thought that was one of the most complete games (minus a few penalties) this season. I hope to see that again. I would love to see Kass and Leino both score tonight!

d ...

Please fine tune your sarcasm meter ...

I like Hecht and what he brings (I thought he was a good candidate to be captain) and think he is a pretty good center.

I expect a good effort and a big win ... 4-1.

I'm actually free to sit back and watch this one tonight. Hopefully my power is back on in time (went out at around 11 last night for no reason in particular).

There really isn't much to say here. They need to continue to do exactly what they did to Washington. It doesn't need to be 5-1, but the win does need to be convincing.

I'm actually free to sit back and watch this one tonight. Hopefully my power is back on in time (went out at around 11 last night for no reason in particular).

There really isn't much to say here. They need to continue to do exactly what they did to Washington. It doesn't need to be 5-1, but the win does need to be convincing.

I would love nothing more than to see "the regulars" perform at the same level that the call-ups performed at ... or better, since they're seasoned NHL players. However, nothing in the history of this team leads me to believe that they will. What was so great about that Washington win was the personnel used to accomplish it. And yah ... maybe that lights a fire under some butts around the locker room. I guess tonight will be a good litmus test to check the acidity level of some of those who have been out. Hopefully, they come out all HCL-like and burn through goals left and right. Specifically, I hope Stafford nets at least 1, if not a hatty.

No, they don't need a blow-out win, but it would sure be nice to see, if for no other reason than than we know they're capable of doing it. THEY just need to remember that they're capable of it, and execute accordingly.

We got smoked against the last place team in the west last weekend, please don't let us get smoked (or lose) to the last place team in the east in less than a week. I've got a good feeling we win another on home ice. Not predicting the score but Lenio is OVERdue.

Bookends?

I'm an old guy ... old enough to be your father ... without it being an insanely young parenthood ...

What the heck does nbd mean????? :unsure:

no big deal lol. B-)

My sarcasm meter was off a little this morning because of work, so when I read it, I thought you were being serious, no harm no foul, no big deal.

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Gerbe-Roy-Kassian

Leino-Adam-Stafford

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

I don't want to jinx it but Hecht seems to have a little more bounce in his step so far. I like having Kassian up here so far. Just one question. Is it pronounced Ka-see-an or Ka-sh-e-an? I ask because Ive heard it spoken both ways during last game.

We got smoked against the last place team in the west last weekend, please don't let us get smoked (or lose) to the last place team in the east in less than a week. I've got a good feeling we win another on home ice. Not predicting the score but Lenio is OVERdue.

Leino is wayyy overdue....I agree. I like the way he is playing, teamates will start learning that he slow's the game down and creates open looks. Stafford needs to pass the puck a little more often as well.

Archived