Islanders at Sabres 11/29/11 7:00 PM

spndnchz

Thanks guys. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it is spelled right on the cup!

If we ever get to the point where they're engraving the Cup for our players, I don't care if they get everyone's name wrong. They could spell "Buffalo" with an "E" at the end and I'd still be ecstatic.

I love it. One win and we're already back to our ways of predicting 5-1s :thumbsup: I for one never give predictions because I always think the Sabres are going to win and I never know how they're going to play until I see them on for the first 20. This is the reason that my prediction for tonight reads as such:

Sekera-5

Roy-3 (and one own goal)

Sabres win 8-2

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Gerbe-Roy-Kassian

Leino-Adam-Stafford

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

I like the way these lines look, hopefully LINDY will give them a chance before breaking them up. HECHT has looked good since coming back. Hopefully he fit in nicely with POMMERS and VANEK. Some consistency would be nice to see the team been running hat and cold, it'd be nice to follow up the game against the Caps with a solid effort and a win.

Just heard on WGR that CHEWIE will be back up tonight.

anyone know why kassian stayed up and tropp was sent down after playing in how many games for us? based on performance im assuming? same goes for McNabb and brennan, altho I did like mcnabbs game better

Tropp was hitting, but so was Kassian. Kassian had started to get a little more aggressive out there - maybe they agree with me, and think that sending him back now after a nice game Saturday would be a step backward.

anyone know why kassian stayed up and tropp was sent down after playing in how many games for us? based on performance im assuming? same goes for McNabb and brennan, altho I did like mcnabbs game better

Probably to do with line slotting. They had enough guys to plug the 3rd/4th lines, but viewed Kassian as a better fit for top 6 minutes than Tropp... until Ennis/Boyes is ready.

Interesting if Sch...Sczh...."Chewie" is being called up if Kaleta can't go. I'd figure Tropp would fit that bill nicely. i will say though I liked Chewie's game along the boards against the Caps and they may be rewarding him with another game.

Not only do i wish for a sabres win but i HOPE leino scores 2 goals with only 3 games hecht is already one goal away from him

I'm really thinking that LEINO is going through some serious confidence problems, he has been extremely soft on the puck, turning it over consistently.. I've wondered if he is possibly injured and avoiding contact. I was excited with the signing and while not ready to give up on him yet, it's getting frustrating (I'm sure it is for him too). You can't sit him, especially if it's confidence issues, that would make it worse. :wallbash:

Here's some clips of what I'm hoping we'll see soon.

Archived