GDT: Sabres vs. Capitals 11/26/11 - 7 PM

NowDoYouBelieve

How about Ville Leino. If anybody is "snake bitten" it is this guy. He has had chance after chance after chance after chance to score a goal and hasn't come up with anything. And when he takes the puck into the zone himself he turns it over every time. He's decent at puck control in the corners and such, but he brings it in, stops along the wall a few feet into the zone, and turns it over. EVERY TIME!!!! This can't be doing much for his confidence.

As I said earlier, the kids did very well, and as far as I'm concerned, the Sabres are prime to make a blockbuster trade or two, and would be FAR better for it.

OMG! Look at how huge Kassian is! He towers over Rob Ray!

That's exactly the type of response these guys needed tonight. Having nine regulars out of your lineup can be a built-in excuse to mail it in. Seems like they have a little pride after all. I'm thinking they can build on it and I'm predicting the AHLers are going to make it tough on Lindy and Co. when it comes to sending them down again.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know what happened last night with the listless effort and crappy outcome but inject a few rookies into the lineup ( 5 points ) and the future looks bright in Pegulaville. That was a fun game to watch. Kassian looked like he belongs and Hecht was an absolute beast on the P.K. When was the last time we had a shorty and could have had more?

It's an expression, but I'm sick of everybody chasing our stars out of town. We clearly see enroth as a very skilled goalie which is true, but he can't play all of the games. It seems that when we have both miller and enroth we do awesome, but with enroth being the only relieable goalie to start, we are screwed.

He bounced back alright tonight! He might not be Miller but we're a better team that we have him. The two of them make a good tandem.

Ok, things need to be shaken up and since Regier obviously won't do anything I figure it's up to me to start my first GDT :D

Washington is struggling similarly, striking a 3-7-0 record in their last 10 games after a fast start.

4-2 Sabres LET'S GO

I'm the new lucky charm!

Seriously though, the Sabres' play their best game of the season just 24 hours after their worst. It's a wacky game, hockey. You just never know.

Given the circumstances, Kassian's goal was the biggest of the Sabres' young season.

It did my heart good to see Hecht put that puck in the back of the net. What a moment it would have been to see him put that second one in too!

Like other have noted, Leino played a very good game, but you can tell just how frustrated he's getting too.

13-9-1. Bring on the Isles.

Boy it's too bad Kassian's development is getting damaged by playing in the bigs.

I haven't read the earlier posts but I'm pretty sure they weren't saying how he's suffering by playing.

He would have brough it against Boston too and most likely loved battling with the guy he tries to play like.

As for Ehroff he likes more ice and nice to see him step up.

Where was this effort last night? Tonight was all about hard work, outhitting, and outworking a very good Caps team. The Sabres have enough talent to finish, but tonight was all about coming out strong and winning battles and outworking the Caps. This was all about effort. Where was this last night?

Also, the kids played great tonight. Again, this goes to show that if you play hard and work hard, it doesn't matter who's in the lineup, you can beat any other team on any given night. Luke Adam's second goal was absolutely awesome. He skates in from the boards and puts a perfect shot on net. His first goal was all about being in the right scoring position. Great to see Kassian get 2 points in his first 2 NHL games (PPG pace right now). Great to see Hecht get on the board, he's really played well since coming back. Pommer's goal out of the air was also sweet, too.

Very good team win with a great effort from everyone. Only thing I've noticed in the last few games, and it could just be me, but it doesn't seem like the Sabres are getting the calls from the officials, and it has been fairly consistent over the last 3 games. Not a big deal especially since they won tonight, but something I noticed especially considering how well the PP played on the first opportunity in the first even though they did not score, tons of chances. Anyway, just my thought.

Where was this effort last night? Tonight was all about hard work, outhitting, and outworking a very good Caps team. The Sabres have enough talent to finish, but tonight was all about coming out strong and winning battles and outworking the Caps. This was all about effort. Where was this last night?

=

Also, the kids played great tonight.

There ya go.

I agree. Playing in the bigs is only going to help him develop at a faster pace. As long as Lindy doesn't only play him 6 minutes a game. Give him 1st and 2nd line duty and he will be all the better for it. I would rather see the young guys go through the odd growing pains than see listless veterans struggle to stay motivated.

Kassian that is.Rick this post was in response to yours #220.

Archived