GDT: Sabres vs. Capitals 11/26/11 - 7 PM

NowDoYouBelieve

Trade a proven starter and Vezina winner and rest the future of your franchise on an undersized swede who has started ~20 games in the NHL. :thumbdown:

Welcome back ... seemed you were on a holiday hiatus for a while. Missed your insight.

As usual your post is right on the money!!

I remember that play as well. I'm also pretty sure that Hunter was the guy who wiped out a Sabre (maybe Turgeon), resulting in a separated shoulder or similar injury, seconds after the Sabre scored a playoff-series-clinching goal.

If I were a Caps fan, I'd be disgusted with the players, but happy about Hunter being the new coach.

He's high on my alltime hate list. Gives me a reason to boo Washington now.

Hunter did crosscheck Turgeon after a big playoff goal and injure him badly, but Pierre was playing for NYI at the time.

i still can't find video of the slash on ramsey, but here's the brutal take-down of sneaky pete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7opk3DS24

EDIT: while there was no one lucic's size on the ice for the caps, the islanders' on-ice reaction is what i had in mind when miller got run. i don't know karate, but i know cah-razy! if i heard the announcers right, hogue did battle with a broken finger.

i shall never forget how he removed mike ramsey's front teeth (what remained of them, anyway) with a short, sharp, completely intentional slash to #5's mouth; as i recall, they were both getting up following a (clean) check that ramsey laid on him near the blue line.

Couldn't find this one but...

Hunter did crosscheck Turgeon after a big playoff goal and injure him badly, but Pierre was playing for NYI at the time.

21-game suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8

EDIT: BEAT ME TO IT! :angry: The one I posted is better quality :nana:

Why should I do this? It would be mere speculation on my part.

I do believe he would bring a better return than Enroth would in a trade. I also believe that Enroth gives the same results as Miller.

What would that return be? Hopefully a decent 1A/1B center, that's what that return would be.

Does that mean Miller can garner that type of return in a 1 v 1 trade? No, but then again, if you've looked at my posts over the past on this subject, you'd have seen that Miller + what ever winger or dman or prospect or combination thereof to get us that type of player is what should be done, if it's necessary.

In short, if you put Enroth in that scenario, you would pay more on the "other components" side.

Well, I don't think anyone would dispute that Miller would yield a better return than Enroth, but the point is that any player should only be traded if it will improve the team. I don't see a plausible scenario under which a Miller trade would improve the team, primarily because I don't think any team with a true #1 center would be willing to trade that player for Miller, and I think it would be foolish to trade Miller for anything less.

You keep beating the drum to trade Miller, presumably because you think it will improve the team. I think said drum-beating is a silly waste of time, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

i still can't find video of the slash on ramsey, but here's the brutal take-down of sneaky pete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7opk3DS24

EDIT: while there was no one lucic's size on the ice for the caps, the islanders' on-ice reaction is what i had in mind when miller got run. i don't know karate, but i know cah-razy! if i heard the announcers right, hogue did battle with a broken finger.

21-game suspension.

Did everyone notice how Turgeon's teammates grabbed the nearest guy, held on, and waited for the refs to arrive and the league to sanction the vicious offender who struck down their star player? Oh, wait...

21-game suspension.

Interesting that Benoit Hogue was one of the first players in there to go after Hunter. Also interesting that Hogue ended his career with the Caps. Always liked him as a player and person. We met him once at grocery store. He was so gracious and awesome. Signed my baseball card pack that I bought. Never opened it, and still have it somewhere.

He's high on my alltime hate list. Gives me a reason to boo Washington now.

I am fully expecting a fistfight in the back hall between Hunter and Ruff after the next Sabres-Caps game.

Well, I don't think anyone would dispute that Miller would yield a better return than Enroth, but the point is that any player should only be traded if it will improve the team. I don't see a plausible scenario under which a Miller trade would improve the team, primarily because I don't think any team with a true #1 center would be willing to trade that player for Miller, and I think it would be foolish to trade Miller for anything less.

You keep beating the drum to trade Miller, presumably because you think it will improve the team. I think said drum-beating is a silly waste of time, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Ya, you nailed my point on the head. I don't mean to drum beat, as you say, merely to point out that it is merely my take on this Miller v Enroth situation. I can't see the downside given the lack of success with Miller as far as round 1 playoff series go. We can get the same results with Enroth.

I was looking at getting over that round 1 hump so to speak, and if that means moving Miller, than I'm more than fine with that.

Eventually, a decision will have to be made on how to shore up the front 9. If it's moving Miller, I am completely fine with that, if it's moving Enroth, I am fine with that as well.

I am fully expecting a fistfight in the back hall between Hunter and Ruff after the next Sabres-Caps game.

check the quote from ruff today:

Coach Lindy Ruff on #Capitals Dale Hunter: "That dirty dog knocked me out with a hit that would have been a suspension now. East-west. I woke up snoring."

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/StepnerWKBW/~7mnGl

Archived