GDT: Sabres vs. Capitals 11/26/11 - 7 PM

NowDoYouBelieve

This game won't even be worth watching. There's no way this team competes with that many guys from the A in the lineup. We've seen this before, we know how this story ends.

Sucks being injured so bad this early. All I can hope is that giving these guy a look will have them prepared for the post season when we undoubtedly need them again.

Show me some effort, grit anything tonight. I know we are playing a lot of guys from the A, but for christsakes show some effort. I want to see this team give a $hit after that horrible effort.

Adam back with Vanek/Poms, Foligno and Kassian banging bodies, the rest of them... meh.

I'm gonna watch but I don't expect anything anymore (much like the Bills this weekend)

This game won't even be worth watching. There's no way this team competes with that many guys from the A in the lineup. We've seen this before, we know how this story ends.

Sucks being injured so bad this early. All I can hope is that giving these guy a look will have them prepared for the post season when we undoubtedly need them again.

Me thinks you are being a tad presumptuous my friend. :(

I have faith. This team might be disappointing right now, but I'm positive we'll be in the mix come April.

I posted my reply somewhat tongue in cheek ...

I agree that the Sabres are going through some growing pains and some injuries (not that I want anyone to use that as an excuse) right now. I also think that they will be in the playoffs this coming spring, but unless somethings change in a big way I do not and have always felt that this particular team is not built to win the cup, or go far in the playoffs.

From visions of Stanley Cup to being reduced to excitement over an AHL line playing for the Sabres at the one quarter mark...ashame.

We just need to find someone in management to blame for the injuries. I'll start: Michael Gilbert.

I think it's Pommers or Vanek. Pommers didn't play for like 5 and a half minutes at the end, and vanek took a hard hit at the end of the game. Daughter got a tweet that says Szczechura was the one called up, for what it's worth.

Harrington has the same speculation, both on who is hurt and on who was called up: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

I think it's Pommers or Vanek. Pommers didn't play for like 5 and a half minutes at the end, and vanek took a hard hit at the end of the game. Daughter got a tweet that says Szczechura was the one called up, for what it's worth.

The Buffalo News seems to confirm that it's Szczechura. Am I alone in wondering who the ###### is Szczechura?

If it's gonna be like this I'd prefer Foligno, especially considering I'll be at tonight's game.

We just need to find someone in management to blame for the injuries. I'll start: Michael Gilbert.

Considering the poor starts at home I'm laying blame squarely at the feet of Doug Allen. The glare off his dome has clearly impaired Leino's vision.

Nice photo of Miller the Sabres are using to garner him All-Star votes. :doh:

I know. They started voting right around the first Boston game. I pointed it out, but I couldn't capture the picture. They rotate with pictures of Myers looking happy after he just got to second base for the first time, and Vanek and Pominville looking like you'd let them marry your sister....then the picture of Miller is almost a characature of himself over the past month.

I know. They started voting right around the first Boston game. I pointed it out, but I couldn't capture the picture. They rotate with pictures of Myers looking happy after he just got to second base for the first time, and Vanek and Pominville looking like you'd let them marry your sister....then the picture of Miller is almost a characature of himself over the past month.

It's like an artsie commercial for cologne or something. This is Miller's Blue Steel!

I read posts everyday and have yet to see anyone state Miller should be traded for a cheeseburger. Maybe you have the wrong message board.

It's an expression, but I'm sick of everybody chasing our stars out of town. We clearly see enroth as a very skilled goalie which is true, but he can't play all of the games. It seems that when we have both miller and enroth we do awesome, but with enroth being the only relieable goalie to start, we are screwed.

It's an expression, but I'm sick of everybody chasing our stars out of town. We clearly see enroth as a very skilled goalie which is true, but he can't play all of the games. It seems that when we have both miller and enroth we do awesome, but with enroth being the only relieable goalie to start, we are screwed.

You are discounting any possible return in a Miller trade.

The funny thing about stars is that there are many of them and new ones are found everyday. Another thing is that stars bring in more of a return than the dregs of the roster. If Miller can bring in pieces to the puzzle that bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup shouldn't that trade be made?

The team has been hit bad by injuries, but that is no excuse for the lack of effort they showed last night. Someone needs to try to fire this group up, RUFF, POMMERS, or even SABRETOOTH. T. PEGULA making a stop in the locker room before a home game and giving the a win one for the GIPPER (home fans) speach might help. the team has looked unmotivated to say the least. I agree with getting POMMERS, VANEK and ADAM back together, at least have one stable line to put out there.

Archived