GDT: Sabres vs. Capitals 11/26/11 - 7 PM

NowDoYouBelieve

Is there a website that makes this stuff up about Leino? Leino is not a setup man. He's not a center. He a third or fourth line winger with little offensive ability and zero grit or toughness. There is no reason he should be in the lineup over Foligno or whomever is next in line in the ROC.

I can say that Leino does have a knack for getting the puck back in tight situations.

He might not be everything you want in a player; however, it does seem like he is progressively making better decisions with the puck, and his defensive play has been getting better.

I have to admit, he is not an overly physical guy.

You are discounting any possible return in a Miller trade.

The funny thing about stars is that there are many of them and new ones are found everyday. Another thing is that stars bring in more of a return than the dregs of the roster. If Miller can bring in pieces to the puzzle that bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup shouldn't that trade be made?

Given how discerning you are, why would anyone give us anything good for our "garbage." Are you assuming other teams' GMs are stupid? Or is Regier so shrewd that he can get the necessary pieces for a Stanley Cup with soft useless players?

So where did all the trade miller for a cheeseburger and have enroth play 82 games and then go 16-0 in the playoffs whiners go?

You could still make an argument that Enroth has been our best player this year. Maybe second best after Vanek, and certainly top 3 when you add Pominville into the mix.

You are discounting any possible return in a Miller trade.

The funny thing about stars is that there are many of them and new ones are found everyday. Another thing is that stars bring in more of a return than the dregs of the roster. If Miller can bring in pieces to the puzzle that bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup shouldn't that trade be made?

Ok, so we have an amazing goalie, arguably the best in the world, he has a couple bad games bc our defenseman have no chemistry yet and you want a trade? Give me a break.

Ok, so we have an amazing goalie, arguably the best in the world, he has a couple bad games bc our defenseman have no chemistry yet and you want a trade? Give me a break.

arguably the best in the world? it always baffles me when people say that. haha

It's a relative term.

Kinda like the worlds strongest man competitions. I'm sure there are stronger people, just not stronger at lifting boulders or pulling trucks.

haha well yea i know that. but i think there is some pretty stiff competition out there for the title of "world's best".

The argument for trading Miller is, and always has been, that we could get something significant in return and not experience much of a drop off by switching to Enroth.

I get why some people wouldn't buy into that but it does seem possible that it would work.

It's a relative term.

Kinda like the worlds strongest man competitions. I'm sure there are stronger people, just not stronger at lifting boulders or pulling trucks.

haha well yea i know that. but i think there is some pretty stiff competition out there for the title of "world's best".

The difference is that strength can be measured a number of ways. How good you are at goaltending really can't. There are too many variables to call anyone the best at the position. Certainly some are better than others, and Miller is definitely a "Top 10," but in my opinion it's really a toss up on any given night as to who is the best.

So should we really pay a goaltender 6 million dollars to be marginally better (and on some nights worse) than goaltenders that get say, 3 million? It's a weird position to play. Any goalie can steal a game on any given night.

I'm not saying I WANT to trade Miller, but if we did and got a Tavares or Duchene in return, I think I'd be happy with it.

And just to kind of defend my statement, I know that it's kind of the same deal for forwards -- aside from Crosby, it's really hard to call anyone else the "best." I don't know who would win the "better player" argument between Dastyuk and Patrick Kane or something. But I guess the difference is that goalies don't help your team score goals, but all skaters can contribute on defense in one way or another. Your goalie could play an amazing game but if your offense can't score, it means nothing. But if your offense scores 4-5 goals a night and does a solid job defensively, your middle-of-the-pack goalie can probably get the job done most nights.

The difference is that strength can be measured a number of ways. How good you are at goaltending really can't. There are too many variables to call anyone the best at the position. Certainly some are better than others, and Miller is definitely a "Top 10," but in my opinion it's really a toss up on any given night as to who is the best.

So should we really pay a goaltender 6 million dollars to be marginally better (and on some nights worse) than goaltenders that get say, 3 million? It's a weird position to play. Any goalie can steal a game on any given night.

I'm not saying I WANT to trade Miller, but if we did and got a Tavares or Duchene in return, I think I'd be happy with it.

And just to kind of defend my statement, I know that it's kind of the same deal for forwards -- aside from Crosby, it's really hard to call anyone else the "best." I don't know who would win the "better player" argument between Dastyuk and Patrick Kane or something. But I guess the difference is that goalies don't help your team score goals, but all skaters can contribute on defense in one way or another. Your goalie could play an amazing game but if your offense can't score, it means nothing. But if your offense scores 4-5 goals a night and does a solid job defensively, your middle-of-the-pack goalie can probably get the job done most nights.

Agreed!!

If we lose a ton of ground in regards to the playoffs with all these injuries, do the Sabres deal some of the softies in the lineup...My only untouchables are: Vanek, Pominville, Regher, Myers (only based on his potential), Ehroff (Based on potential again), Luke Adam and Enroth...After that - deal for players who have both talent and heart...

Archived