[OT] What are you thankful for today?

Weave

I've got a little bit before I need to get my arse moving today and I'm feeling a little introspective.

I've got a loving wife and fantastic son that mean the world to me, and I mean the world to them. And we've all got our health.

I have a job that allows me to feed, house, and transport my family and gives us some extra for the future and some simple luxuries.

We'll have 4 generations together at the holiday table. I am truly blessed to know my grandparents long enough to develop an actual friendship with them, to know and relate to them as adults, peers, with actual thoughts and concerns that we share in common.

I live in a country where I'm not locked into doing what my parents did before me or what my gov't tells me to do. And that if I felt so inclined, I could go into the streets and voice my dissatisfaction without fear that it might cost me my life.

Whatever your situation, take some time today to appreciate the things you have, and the things that aren't an every day worry to you. We live in a day and a country where even the poor have a standard of living like we've never had before. There are large portions of the world that think in terms of survival every day while we make pointless arguments about a game on the internet. Happy Thansgiving to the SabreSpace community.

In a semi-particular order in not a semi-particular order but a little glowing particular order but really not actually a particular order but a particular order:

• My wife and daughters
  • My family
  • My friends
  • This country, even though it has a lot of inherent faults. Show me a better country with as many freedoms as we have.
  • My grill
  • Macy's parade with my girls
  • Music (and LOTS of it)
  • Dark meat turkey
  • My phone
  • The internet
  • Netflix
  • Egg nog
  • iTunes Match
  • Bacon (what list of gratitude would be complete without it?)
  • My job
  • Two running vehicles that are relatively maintenance-free
  • My daughter's intelligence and thirst for learning
  • My wife's essential oils, even though I used to make fun of them pretty badly cuz they all smell pretty weird, but they're helping me get over this wicked head cold, so I'll take 'em
  • Plates, cups, forks, spoons, knives and other table settings that allow us to eat a little more civilized
  • Hi ... the friggin' Sabres, duh. :)
  • All y'all who entertain me on a somewhat regular basis

In a semi-particular order in not a semi-particular order but a little glowing particular order but really not actually a particular order but a particular order:

• My wife and daughters
  • My family
  • My friends
  • This country, even though it has a lot of inherent faults. Show me a better country with as many freedoms as we have.
  • My grill
  • Macy's parade with my girls
  • Music (and LOTS of it)
  • Dark meat turkey
  • My phone
  • The internet
  • Netflix
  • Egg nog
  • iTunes Match
  • Bacon (what list of gratitude would be complete without it?)
  • My job
  • Two running vehicles that are relatively maintenance-free
  • My daughter's intelligence and thirst for learning
  • My wife's essential oils, even though I used to make fun of them pretty badly cuz they all smell pretty weird, but they're helping me get over this wicked head cold, so I'll take 'em
  • Plates, cups, forks, spoons, knives and other table settings that allow us to eat a little more civilized
  • Hi ... the friggin' Sabres, duh. :)
  • All y'all who entertain me on a somewhat regular basis

Anyone who has dark meat turkey that far ahead of bacon has clearly chosen to construct the list in no particular order.

Im thankful for my wonderful 3 month old son ( Hudson Royce ) that has made me think of life in a brand new way. I have a great wife that is one amazing mother. My parent are still together and doin well. I just bought a new house that is working out great for my family. Four years ago i was broke living with my parents, and now im living life as i've always seen it. Thankful? Very

My Thanksgiving was over a month ago, but ...

Today I am thankful for getting home in one piece yesterday, during the first (very early for Halifax) snow storm of the season, with some freezing rain as the icing on top. I was out, somewhat ironically, at the car shop having our winter tires put on the car. I normally have this done around Canadian Thanksgiving (mid-October), but we were in Bosnia doing out charity / aid work.

1. Having a job.

2. Having a car.

3. Having my own place.

4. No family, so I am grateful for my friends and those I care about.

5. My pets

6. Alcohol.

7. Sabres and Amerks

8. Being healthy and in good shape.

9. Having the day off.

10. Living in a decent city, in a decent country.

I'm happy my wife and I both found jobs in WNY and were able to move out of NYC with our son and be with our families this year.

Good for you guys. I am hoping to do the same. We're starting to look for jobs in WNY as well, hoping to move back home (or somewhat close by) in the near future before our little guy gets in to school full time.

Archived