GDT: Coyotes at Sabres 11/19/2011, 7:00 PM

nfreeman

I have two questions regarding the end of the last two home games.

Tonight. Paul Gaustad has one role on this team. Why is he not taking the face-off deep in the Yotes end with the goalie out of the net?

Against the Devils. Two minutes left and down two goals and a face-off in the Devils zone. Why did Ruff wait 30 seconds to pull the goalie? Why wasn't the goalie out before the draw?

It's not just the players that seem out of sorts at home.

It's time to put Adam back with Vanek and Pominville before Vanek goes into a prolonged slump.

Tonight. Paul Gaustad has one role on this team. Why is he not taking the face-off deep in the Yotes end with the goalie out of the net?

Against the Devils. Two minutes left and down two goals and a face-off in the Devils zone. Why did Ruff wait 30 seconds to pull the goalie? Why wasn't the goalie out before the draw?

It's time to put Adam back with Vanek and Pominville before Vanek goes into a prolonged slump.

QFT. Why that line was ever broken up is a mystery to me.

Having Adam on the #1 line a) raises the team's most promising young centerman between its two best forwards (who by the way were obviously suffering no letdown from the rookie presence) and b) allows Lindy to distribute his veteran scorers better over the top 2 lines.

Yeah, Lindy pushed the right button against Montreal in moving Roy up for the 3rd period. All due credit for those 2 points. The button needs unpushing.

Myers injury. I'm going with finger. Noticed late in the second period he's defending and comes up squeezing his hand against his body after being in the corner. Noticed it at the game and reviewed at home on the DVR. For those of u with the DVR it's in the final few minutes of the 2nd period.

Odd circumstance but I see how it could happen.

Myers injury. I'm going with finger. Noticed late in the second period he's defending and comes up squeezing his hand against his body after being in the corner. Noticed it at the game and reviewed at home on the DVR. For those of u with the DVR it's in the final few minutes of the 2nd period.

Odd circumstance but I see how it could happen.

I strained my middle finger giving Raffi Torres the finger while he was in the penalty box........ :beer:

Wednesday is going to be an ugly game I think.....for the Sabres that is. I think they get throttled and this is what else I expect is going to happen.

1. Kaleta to get tossed early for a borderline call.

2. No one will challenge Lucic.

3. Enroth will have someone in his face all night and probably get run once or twice with little retribution.

4. Errorhoff will suck.

5. Leino will suck.

6. Roy will suck.

7. Lindy will use every line combo possible.

8. Tim Thomas will be able to set up lawn furniture in his crease with all the room he will have.

9. Goose will go after Marchand, Seguin, or Bergeron to show how tough he is.

I don't know if McCormick will be healthy enough to play, but I can easily see him being the only one to start something if he's in the lineup. Hopefully the Sabres don't embarrass themselves even more than they did after the last meeting w the Bruins, but i won't be surprised if they do the way they are playing, and especially at home.

We stole one last night. We gave one back tonight.

PTR

4th game in 6 days, 2nd game of a back to back which they were in Carolina the night before and Phoenix was off. I'll cut them some slack. The schedule got them for this game and yet they still almost won. Enroth kept them in the game and gave them a chance to win.

Wednesday is going to be an ugly game I think.....for the Sabres that is. I think they get throttled and this is what else I expect is going to happen.

1. Kaleta to get tossed early for a borderline call.

2. No one will challenge Lucic.

3. Enroth will have someone in his face all night and probably get run once or twice with little retribution.

4. Errorhoff will suck.

5. Leino will suck.

6. Roy will suck.

7. Lindy will use every line combo possible.

8. Tim Thomas will be able to set up lawn furniture in his crease with all the room he will have.

9. Goose will go after Marchand, Seguin, or Bergeron to show how tough he is.

I don't know if McCormick will be healthy enough to play, but I can easily see him being the only one to start something if he's in the lineup. Hopefully the Sabres don't embarrass themselves even more than they did after the last meeting w the Bruins, but i won't be surprised if they do the way they are playing, and especially at home.

You forgot Vanek will get hit with a cheap shot and have to leave the game.

Tonight. Paul Gaustad has one role on this team. Why is he not taking the face-off deep in the Yotes end with the goalie out of the net? Against the Devils. Two minutes left and down two goals and a face-off in the Devils zone. Why did Ruff wait 30 seconds to pull the goalie? Why wasn't the goalie out before the draw?

I have been wondering this since the moment Roy lined up for the draw til now...

ehrhoff is completely useless.

Actually, I thought he's been making some good defensive plays lately. But if they can't find a way to let him use his shot on the PP, then it was not money well spent. Vancouver figured it out. We're 20 games in and our coaching staff still has not come close.

The Coyotes made the decision I have thought the Sabres should make. They decided they didn't need a big ticket goalie and could fill the goaltender needs adequately. So far they have done so. It will be interesting how it works out for them.

Nah. Forget about poor goalie play at home, it's got something to do with that freakin laser beam on the zamboni. I just KNOW it does...

This game was still a great experience for my family and I.......I usually am only able to get crappy tickets, which I don't normally mind its what I expect as my lot in life......But I managed to get great seats, section 116 row 5, row 5......The experience was crazy, I can't believe how much a part of the game we felt......the puck being chipped off the glass kept scaring my daughter and my son (it was his birthday) was in awe the entire time......Obviously the only flaw was that the Sabres lost this game......And they really should have scored at least 4 or 5 goals.......Had a great time at the game.......... :beer:

Who would you like to see as coach?

This question always makes me laugh. It's outrageous. "Who would you like to see as coach?"

Yeah, because we're all GMs with access to coaching talent pools and can adequately answer that question without ever conducting interviews or any kind of coach scouting.

What a dumb question.

This game was still a great experience for my family and I.......I usually am only able to get crappy tickets, which I don't normally mind its what I expect as my lot in life......But I managed to get great seats, section 116 row 5, row 5......The experience was crazy, I can't believe how much a part of the game we felt......the puck being chipped off the glass kept scaring my daughter and my son (it was his birthday) was in awe the entire time......Obviously the only flaw was that the Sabres lost this game......And they really should have scored at least 4 or 5 goals.......Had a great time at the game.......... :beer:

every once in a while luck smiles. glad to hear your children had a great time.

The Roy experiment on the top line needs to end. Put him on the 2nd/3rd line and try boyes or put adam back up top. There is some issues and they still center on the defense. A couple of mistakes and we get screwed. IDK whats up but maybe some day we will put it all together.

All night long. Passes to the front of the net and no one there. They could have won this game. They weren't beat but they did lose.

They created plenty of scoring chances, but they didn't cash them in. Stafford continues to fail to do what he's being paid to do, i.e. finish. Same for Boyes. The 20s line is looking better every game in terms of zone time and creating chances but if they want to earn their $13MM per year they need to light the lamp. If you don't score, you don't deserve to win, and you sure as heck don't deserve to be paid like a scorer.

Nice!

My thoughts:

1. Pretty shaky game by Enroth. Maybe we shouldn't dump Miller just yet.

2. Overall I thought the effort was pretty good by the Sabres. They didn't come out comatose at home for a change, and they kept the pressure on most of the game.

3. I think the pressure of not scoring has really gotten to Stafford and Boyes -- those 2 are consistently missing on good scoring opportunities.

4. I thought the D looked pretty good most of the game, and I like the restored D pairings of Myers-Regehr, Ehrhoff-Leopold and Reggie-MAG. Myers was playing quite well until he got hurt. Sekera needs to create more offense. He has the skill and he's being paid to do so. Ehrhoff and Leopold both played pretty solid.

5. I don't have a beef with Roy playing with Pommer and Vanek -- that line also created quite a few chances last night. For that matter, so did Adam-Tropp-Gerbe and Gaustad-Kaleta-Ellis. But guys like Vanek, Gerbe, Stafford and Boyes simply need to cash in more of their chances if this team is going to be a contender.

6. It's really too bad they couldn't get a W last night. It would have been a good way to break the home jinx. The effort was there; now they need to execute better.

This question always makes me laugh. It's outrageous. "Who would you like to see as coach?"

Yeah, because we're all GMs with access to coaching talent pools and can adequately answer that question without ever conducting interviews or any kind of coach scouting.

What a dumb question.

It's a valid question.

We all sit here and criticize/analyze everything hockey related, do we not?

When the Sabres were looking for a new Assistant coach, people on here had ideas.

You don't usually have such stupid responses like this. I'm disappointed in you, L1tesabre.

Archived