GDT: Buffalo vs. Columbus (10/27/2011, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Good win tonight. Key things I noticed:

1. Okay first, sloppy second, solid third period.

2. Special teams was strong with 2 PP Goals, and none shorthanded

3. Vanek-Pominville are just outrageously hot right now with Pommer getting two goals tonight and an assist with Vanek getting 3 assists

4. Boyes stepped up tonight when he had a chance playing with Vanek and Pominville with a goal and an assist

5. Enroth was excellent tonight. It was almost like a road game where Buffalo weathered the storm early and then took charge in the third

Good game tonight, good win. There was a lot of sloppy play especially early in the game, but you take the win and correct the mistakes.

No, he did nothing when his captain was crosschecked from behind 10 feet in front of him.

It wasn't much of a crosscheck at all. And wasn't it inside of the last 5 minutes? That's an automatic 1 game. I'd rather Boyes kept his head in that scenario.

Workman like win tonight boys. Pommer proving why he deserves to be captain, hasn't produced like this since 2006.

Quick observation, no one gets to the puck like Adam. He just seems to eat up any loose puck within 10 ft. of him, it's tremendous.

Agree with all of this. It's strange we have a very legit first line and then three 2nd/3rd lines. Game in and game out that Pommers Vanek Adam line looks very legit. Disappointed with Lenio Stafford Roy but we have a deep team and we've got time to figure out lines etc.

Enroth...the Captain, Ellis, Roooooobbinnnnn, Kaleta, Gaustad, Gerbe and of course Vanek...honerable mention to Eeeeerhofffff for that nice pass of the boards that ends up in the low slot

Robyn. Ehrhoff.

You mean Sweet Caroline?

Nah. I think he means the one that goes "OH OH OH!"

Winnipeg got 9 goals from 9 different guys. Wow!

I really wish I could watch a replay of that game. Where could I do that, anyone?

Notes from the game:

Screw notes. I'm sick and we won.

It wasn't much of a crosscheck at all. And wasn't it inside of the last 5 minutes? That's an automatic 1 game. I'd rather Boyes kept his head in that scenario.

you don't have to go ape-schitt, but at least skate to the guy and do some chest-thumping. It is October, I'd rather they close ranks than worry about short-term repercussions.

you don't have to go ape-schitt, but at least skate to the guy and do some chest-thumping. It is October, I'd rather they close ranks than worry about short-term repercussions.

I think you're asking alot of a finesse guy. I'm all for rough and tumble hockey, manning-up and all that, but I think it is unrealistic to expect guys like Boyes, Roy, Vanek, Pominville, Leino to play that game. I wouldn't expect Vanek to do anything if he saw it. I can't really hold Boyes to a different standard. And like I said, it wasn't much of a crosscheck.

I hate to do this but:

Myers was meh again... needs a slap in the face because he has some skills and he is just being lazy.

Leo was ok but hes a vet and I would expect a little cleaner play from him tonight

The First goal MAG should have done more than just acted as a screen and I the second goal I think he followed his man to far but Pommers should have cleared that one away, either way MAG was -2 tonight and looked meh

Now the good part:

Brad Boyes remember how to play hockey, holy sh!t.

Vanek/Pommers is like the dark side of the force... thats no moon its a space station!

Gerbe continues to play aggressive, productive, smart hockey and his flip backhander through the crease is the reason Kaleta gets that game winner. Great play from our ball of hate.

...o yea and Enroth should start all the time miller sucks blah blah blah... beat all the snow ppl to it. (Enroth was good tonight though in all seriousness)

Someone needs slapped, not sure it is Myers though. :thumbdown:

me? I have been behaving, I just think myers is not playing as good as he should or could be. Myers is my favorite Sabre, but he has been barely ok so far and he is supposed to be a future norris candidate so I would like to see him play better.

Archived