4:30 Pegula Announcement

beerme1

He's switching his car insurance to Geico.

Nothing to see here... move along...

being relatively new here, and not really seeing a ton of posts where you post sarcasm, i hesitate to roll out the lulz for this. part of me wants to believe you're just kidding. the other part of me is slightly worried ...

I don't think Pegs would be announcing the captaincy. Has to be something else...

Reduced concession prices?

Something else related to ticket purchases?

Larry Quinn dunk tank day?

Pegs is buying the Bills? :ph34r:

Darcy and Lindy are getting lifetime contracts?

SABRES EXTEND BROADCAST AGREEMENT WITH ENTERCOM

"WGR 550 has been the home for Buffalo Sabres games since 2005 and will continue to carry every game live with the team’s veteran broadcast team of Rick Jeanneret and Harry Neale. The station will also continue airing a pre- and post-game show.

Additionally, the station will air several weekly segments with Sabres President Ted Black, General Manager Darcy Regier and Head Coach Lindy Ruff. Kiss 98.5 (WKSE-FM), WGR’s sister station, will also be airing a monthly segment with Kim Pegula, the wife of team owner Terry Pegula. Pegula will be appearing on Janet & Nick in the Morning. "

Hopefully the wording of this isn't significant - or does it mean that Rick and Harry are actually going to call all of the games on radio - even the ones that they are not going to be doing the TV broadcast for?

"Announcement" was a strong word ... he was on the air with them and Bulldog said something like "Terry Pegula joins us now with some news for the team and for the station that we are very happy about." And then Pegula said "Yup." And then Schopp actually gave the details.

OK, I am exaggerating a bit ... but it wasn't much more than that.

SABRES EXTEND BROADCAST AGREEMENT WITH ENTERCOM

"WGR 550 has been the home for Buffalo Sabres games since 2005 and will continue to carry every game live with the team’s veteran broadcast team of Rick Jeanneret and Harry Neale. The station will also continue airing a pre- and post-game show.

Additionally, the station will air several weekly segments with Sabres President Ted Black, General Manager Darcy Regier and Head Coach Lindy Ruff. Kiss 98.5 (WKSE-FM), WGR’s sister station, will also be airing a monthly segment with Kim Pegula, the wife of team owner Terry Pegula. Pegula will be appearing on Janet & Nick in the Morning. "

Hopefully the wording of this isn't significant - or does it mean that Rick and Harry are actually going to call all of the games on radio - even the ones that they are not going to be doing the TV broadcast for?

That's too bad. I always envisioned Pegula buying his own station, maybe even a cluster of stations, to recreate something akin to Empire Sports. Then again he could always buy WGR.

PTR

Archived