Sabres Intro Song

spndnchz

Many good choices. Exposing my 80's background, I do like Crue's "Kickstart" but think the lyrics to Pat Benatar's "All Fired Up" work and can be cranked. But, as mentioned, Van Halen and specifically "On Fire" can just be absolutely blasted and crank up ANYone and would be my choice.

• 5 months later...

I'd like to see the Sabres take a completely different approach to music than the rest of the league and sports in general.

You want to instill a proper sense of fear, dread and intimidation in the hated opponent, right?

I think strains of Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky ("Battle on the Ice") is the right thing to pipe in throughout a Sabres game, instead of the lame pop stuff they've been doing for centuries. It's self-explanatory.

(1:45-10:00)

I'd like to see the Sabres take a completely different approach to music than the rest of the league and sports in general. You want to instill a proper sense of fear, dread and intimidation in the hated opponent, right? I think strains of Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky ("Battle on the Ice") is the right thing to pipe in throughout a Sabres game, instead of the lame pop stuff they've been doing for centuries. It's self-explanatory.

That would be awesome.

Personally when I'm at a game I want some rock music to really get the blood flowing, but maybe it's a generational thing. My first choice would have been Unstoppable by Pop Evil, but browsing the videos on youtube it appears the Red Wings either use it or it's an unofficial Detroit anthem. So I settled on A Warrior's Call by Volbeat:

I'd even pay them to adapt it a little to the Sabres.

With the proliferation of blond haired blued eyed folks on the roster, I'm thinking some Rammstein is in order.

Van, Ehrhoff, Sulzer, Hecht, Ennis, Myers, Ellis, even Foligno's hair is pretty light. Roy's is too, but I am sure that is chemically enhanced. Also, when did they start taking head shots with the use of funhouse mirrors?

Ruff and Regier forming a team in their own image?

Personally when I'm at a game I want some rock music to really get the blood flowing, but maybe it's a generational thing. My first choice would have been Unstoppable by Pop Evil, but browsing the videos on youtube it appears the Red Wings either use it or it's an unofficial Detroit anthem. So I settled on A Warrior's Call by Volbeat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmtHBMjXLU

it's not a generational thing, it's a music thing. I think Classical has alot of cool possibilites. Sabre Dance is classical, dontcha think? Night on Bald Mountain, Wagner, the list goes on. It sends a chill up the spine.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081119040706AAwf4ke

Edited by 716

I'd like to see the Sabres take a completely different approach to music than the rest of the league and sports in general.

You want to instill a proper sense of fear, dread and intimidation in the hated opponent, right?

I think strains of Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky ("Battle on the Ice") is the right thing to pipe in throughout a Sabres game, instead of the lame pop stuff they've been doing for centuries. It's self-explanatory.

I enjoyed that very much, thank you.

For the record, I really haven't minded our intros the last few years.

What I'm really happy about right now is the goal song. "Lonely Boy" could not be more perfect, musically or lyrically.

absolutely approve.

the guy playing the tambourine completely reminds me of the "cowbell" skit from SNL.

"I've got a *feevuh*. And the only cure for it ... is more tambourine."

Absolutely Prokofiev's "Battle on the Ice"

Nevsky is a film by Eisenstein, and the soundtrack was by Prokofiev. It's Classic cinema, like Citizen Kane. This was Stalin's heyday, though, so imagine him over the shoulder of both the director and composer... and they came up with amazingly subversive things. Both were too popular to kill, at the time.

With the proliferation of blond haired blued eyed folks on the roster, I'm thinking some Rammstein is in order.

Van, Ehrhoff, Sulzer, Hecht, Ennis, Myers, Ellis, even Foligno's hair is pretty light. Roy's is too, but I am sure that is chemically enhanced. Also, when did they start taking head shots with the use of funhouse mirrors?

Ruff and Regier forming a team in their own image?

Ugh. I WISH. This would be the best freakin' intro song in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeBwC_VlMQ

OR this one, which might even be better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSXvjvKYSi8&feature=relmfu

Edited by TheMatrix31

Absolutely Prokofiev's "Battle on the Ice"

Nevsky is a film by Eisenstein, and the soundtrack was by Prokofiev. It's Classic cinema, like Citizen Kane. This was Stalin's heyday, though, so imagine him over the shoulder of both the director and composer... and they came up with amazingly subversive things. Both were too popular to kill, at the time.

one of the great film of all time.

• 10 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP5rwVNJko

Don't know if the lyrics are appropriate, but the oooooooweeeee is nice :P

Hey they may not be so inappropriate after all...

Yo ye pharoahs, let us walk

Through this barren desert, in search of truth

And some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.

Who's in charge here?

where's my Captain's wafers?

Don't go around hungry now....

Camel Walk was a minor hit for them, but for this Sabres team a far more appropriate SCOTS intro song would be "Ditch Diggin' " IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.