Keeping Up With The Pegulas

Rico4Hall12

In keeping up with the popularity of the reality shows. I thought it would be interesting little piece every so often on the Sabres broadcast of following the Pegula girls. Lol as I am writing this it seems a little lame. But I will post anyway, just to get your reaction.

In keeping up with the popularity of the reality shows. I thought it would be interesting little piece every so often on the Sabres broadcast of following the Pegula girls. Lol as I am writing this it seems a little lame. But I will post anyway, just to get your reaction.

I absolutely hate the idea.

Not to come off rude, but i don't think we need some kind of gimmick like that during the broadcast.

I absolutely hate the idea.

Not to come off rude, but i don't think we need some kind of gimmick like that during the broadcast.

LOL No offense taken.As I said in my post I thought it was lame. Will wait a little longer to see other thoughts but will probably delete this.

I donno. I don't see any harm in it. It doesn't have to be like a 24-hour a day, 365 day a year thing-- just a little segment, once a month maybe, following the Pegula family (not just the girls, though) as they interact with the fans, or behind the scenes on a extended road trip, or even attending one of the daughters tennis tournaments-- anything really. It doesn't even have to be shown during the broadcast, just a clip on the website.

I won't say it'd be a fan favorite or that everyone would be interested, but I don't think it's a terrible idea. With all the excitement around Terry's purchase of the team, I see nothing wrong with the fans getting to know the family a little better...

A one time deal showing the Pegulas interacting with the fans would be fine, an ongoing thing would annoy the p1$$ out of me as I HATE reality shows.

A one time deal showing the Pegulas interacting with the fans would be fine, an ongoing thing would annoy the p1$ out of me as I HATE reality shows.

Like you stated, a one time thing would be fine. An ongoing thing lends itself to that <sarcasm>oh so wonderful</sarcasm> Hollywood, celebrity, invade the lives of people because I idol worship them feel. NO THANKS! I myself have a great family, good friends, and enough interesting things in my life that I don't need to invade someone else's life.

as framed, i don't like the idea. but i think there's something to it.

the pegulas are clearly nurturing a family ethos. the broadcast arm of the franchise could produce periodic human interest pieces about the owner and his family, front office people, team members, etc. -- with a specific eye toward their various charitable efforts and timely segments surrounding certain holidays (the thanksgivings, christmas, etc.).

Hey maybe we can get Snookie to host the segment with a running commentary on the budding womanhood of a young girl still in her teens by Charley Sheen. NOT! We have to remember this is about hockey . I really don't understand how or why the daughter of an owner becomes 'the show' nor why adult males find it interesting. A better idea would be a behind the scenes look at the sabres operation that could play between periods. Their practices or something akin to the show that ran last year that followed washington and pittsburgh.

A one time deal showing the Pegulas interacting with the fans would be fine, an ongoing thing would annoy the p1$$ out of me as I HATE reality shows.

I hate reality shows as well.

That being said, I think the draw from most of them is to make people feel better about themselves by observing complete idiots in their natural habitat. (jersey shore? what?)

With that in mind, any entertainment value a "series" of films following the 16 year old girl in question would be nearly zero IMO.

I hate reality shows as well.

That being said, I think the draw from most of them is to make people feel better about themselves by observing complete idiots in their natural habitat. (jersey shore? what?)

With that in mind, any entertainment value a "series" of films following the 16 year old girl in question would be nearly zero IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Super_Sweet_16

Only a little?

I'm concerned that this idea generally is asking for updates on the life of a 16 year old girl.

As a parent this sets off my radar.

I don't get any of the reality shows.

Yeah I do not follow any and kind of feel it appeals to the masses that don't have much going on in their lives or they don't like them.

as framed, i don't like the idea. but i think there's something to it.

the pegulas are clearly nurturing a family ethos. the broadcast arm of the franchise could produce periodic human interest pieces about the owner and his family, front office people, team members, etc. -- with a specific eye toward their various charitable efforts and timely segments surrounding certain holidays (the thanksgivings, christmas, etc.).

Now this I like.

Hey maybe we can get Snookie to host the segment with a running commentary on the budding womanhood of a young girl still in her teens by Charley Sheen. NOT! We have to remember this is about hockey . I really don't understand how or why the daughter of an owner becomes 'the show' nor why adult males find it interesting. A better idea would be a behind the scenes look at the sabres operation that could play between periods. Their practices or something akin to the show that ran last year that followed washington and pittsburgh.

Ding, ding, ding, now that's a winner in my book.

As a parent of 4 kids this type of thing frosts my flakes and IMO is a huge part of the problem. It creates an entitlement mentatlity wth children and also a keep up with the neighbors mentality when your kids see or are invited to something like this and they are going through these passages in their life. If you say it enough or see it enough it no longer is a privilage but an entitlement. Enough of that already or these kids we are bringing up to take over the helm and run things when we get older,.... :death:

Perhaps this thread could be transformed into a sports theme.

Jessie Pegula is ranked #341 in the world in singles on the WTA tour.

This weekend she is in qualifying for the Bank of West Classic event in Stanford, CA.

She got a wildcard into the qualiying tournament, but looking at her rank, and the fact that she's still real young, it might be interesting to keep an eye on how she does.

As a parent of 4 kids this type of thing frosts my flakes and IMO is a huge part of the problem.

As a non-parent, this "frosts my flakes," as you say. Funny to think that MTV was controversial in the 80s, when all it did was show music videos. Now, it airs far more controversial shows, and no one seems to care.

This weekend she is in qualifying for the Bank of West Classic event in Stanford, CA.

She got a wildcard into the qualiying tournament, but looking at her rank, and the fact that she's still real young, it might be interesting to keep an eye on how she does.

This is her time to make a move; in women's tennis, if you don't "arrive" by age 18, you're probably not going to make it.

As a non-parent, this "frosts my flakes," as you say. Funny to think that MTV was controversial in the 80s, when all it did was show music videos. Now, it airs far more controversial shows, and no one seems to care.

Yeah, as a fellow human being, I'm also disturbed.

See this is what concerns me, I'm guessing you're not totally into Women's Tennis up to the 341st ranked player. No one should know this kind of thing.

Archived