Rest in Peace SDS' Mom

BuffalOhio

I was not sure how to handle this... I was thinking PM, but I'm glad this thread was started.

I am very sorry for your loss. Because of it, I am also much more aware that I need to make the time to appreciate my own parents while I have them.

I was not sure how to handle this... I was thinking PM, but I'm glad this thread was started.

I am very sorry for your loss. Because of it, I am also much more aware that I need to make the time to appreciate my own parents while I have them.

I was unsure, myself, Knightrider. Wasn't sure if I should put this out there, but since he posted it on Facebook, I thought I'd let the rest of his 'family' know what's happening so they could pass along all these kind thoughts.

"Ray [Ferraro] said when "Mum" would pick him up after before-school hockey practice in Trail, she would open the glove compartment and place a grilled-cheese sandwich on the little door as Ray got into the family truckster. Those were the greatest-tasting grilled-cheese sandwiches in B.C. because they were made with all the love in the world.

...No one is ready for watching a parent die. No one is ready to live without the unconditional love of one's life. But Ray and other sons like him know their Hockey Mom gave it everything they had, right to the end. They know a lifetime of grace and grit is a good way to make that No. 1 power-play unit in the sky.

At the end of that sad, cold night three days after Christmas when the Ferraro boys kissed their Mum good night for the final time, Ray realized his childhood role model didn't play for the Boston Bruins. His hero didn't skate like the wind, fly through the air and wear No. 4 for the Big, Bad Bruins. Ray Ferraro's role model and hero made grilled-cheese sandwiches."

So sorry for your loss... this and excerpt from an old bucci article, love it and always brings a tear to my eye.

"Ray [Ferraro] said when "Mum" would pick him up after before-school hockey practice in Trail, she would open the glove compartment and place a grilled-cheese sandwich on the little door as Ray got into the family truckster. Those were the greatest-tasting grilled-cheese sandwiches in B.C. because they were made with all the love in the world.

...No one is ready for watching a parent die. No one is ready to live without the unconditional love of one's life. But Ray and other sons like him know their Hockey Mom gave it everything they had, right to the end. They know a lifetime of grace and grit is a good way to make that No. 1 power-play unit in the sky.

At the end of that sad, cold night three days after Christmas when the Ferraro boys kissed their Mum good night for the final time, Ray realized his childhood role model didn't play for the Boston Bruins. His hero didn't skate like the wind, fly through the air and wear No. 4 for the Big, Bad Bruins. Ray Ferraro's role model and hero made grilled-cheese sandwiches."

So sorry for your loss... this and excerpt from an old bucci article, love it and always brings a tear to my eye.

Wow that choked me up!

Archived