Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

its definately a buffalo trait, like the city of buffalo. doesnt count if you live in some suburb and say your from buffalo....

definitely*; you're*; and no, it's not a Buffalo trait. Do most of us get drunk, hell yeah! Do most of us get disorderly, no. I see worse in Rochester and Binghamton, especially Binghamton.

definitely*; you're*; and no, it's not a Buffalo trait. Do most of us get drunk, hell yeah! Do most of us get disorderly, no. I see worse in Rochester and Binghamton, especially Binghamton.

What do you know. You probably grew up in the suburbs and don't know Buffalo. :rolleyes: :doh:

Not sure if the "we" was partially directed at me but my last response is best read dripping with sarcasm.

No, definitely not you. A poster or two seem to be trying to glorify the beating of women. Simply put, some people are complete morons.

Former executive of the SJ Sharks. He has been able to negotiate a new Lease with Glendale to allow the team to get some of the revenue (previous lease was horrible for the team, they were getting little to nothing playing there). TSN is also reporting Bettman is in Phoenix and should be making an announcement later today. Expect Canada to throw a tantrum about how Bettman hates them and Phoenix doesn't deserve a franchise. Hamilton, Quebec, and Nowhere Saskatchewan deserve teams more cause they are north of the Mason Dixon

Former executive of the SJ Sharks. He has been able to negotiate a new Lease with Glendale to allow the team to get some of the revenue (previous lease was horrible for the team, they were getting little to nothing playing there). TSN is also reporting Bettman is in Phoenix and should be making an announcement later today. Expect Canada to throw a tantrum about how Bettman hates them and Phoenix doesn't deserve a franchise. Hamilton, Quebec, and Nowhere Saskatchewan deserve teams more cause they are north of the Mason Dixon

Mason Dixon line? Come on, let's represent the Canadian mindset a little better here and say it's because those three cities are north of the Canadian border. That's really what it's all about for so many of your fellow countrymen (and no, I'm not throwing you under that bus), isn't it?

No, definitely not you. A poster or two seem to be trying to glorify the beating of women. Simply put, some people are complete morons.

Not sure if that's directed at me or not, but that actually is not at all what the preceding conversation was about. Talk about a reach.

Also...

link?

And getting drunk and disorderly isn't a Buffalo trait.

It is in South Buffalo.

You guys all took that tweet too literally. It was a play on words -- think "buffalo" as in a wild, dangerous animal, not buffalo the city. I thought it was worth a chuckle.

Not sure if that's directed at me or not, but that actually is not at all what the preceding conversation was about. Talk about a reach.

Also...

You guys all took that tweet too literally. It was a play on words -- think "buffalo" as in a wild, dangerous animal, not buffalo the city. I thought it was worth a chuckle.

thanks jack. these guys are goin a little far. all im sayin is that people my age get drunk in the city of buffalo like every night it seems. but not me, im an idiot all my own. i cant get drunk everyday my body can take that poop, only once in a while, and like i said if you aint from buffalo or have never lived there, dont comment on it cause you really have no idea.

Mason Dixon line? Come on, let's represent the Canadian mindset a little better here and say it's because those three cities are north of the Canadian border. That's really what it's all about for so many of your fellow countrymen (and no, I'm not throwing you under that bus), isn't it?

I was trying to be nice by saying Mason Dixon, there are a few that are ok with Hockey in the northern US, but alot feel that Hockey should only be played in Canada

Its one of the reasons why I would have loved to seen a Florida/Phoenix Cup this year see one of the Southern teams win a Cup before the Leafs and watch Canadians explode with more hatred for Bettman and how the league is screwing the Canadian teams and giving the southern teams the cup

I was trying to be nice by saying Mason Dixon, there are a few that are ok with Hockey in the northern US, but alot feel that Hockey should only be played in Canada

Its one of the reasons why I would have loved to seen a Florida/Phoenix Cup this year see one of the Southern teams win a Cup before the Leafs and watch Canadians explode with more hatred for Bettman and how the league is screwing the Canadian teams and giving the southern teams the cup

The Canadiens/Leafs should draft more Eastern Canadien boys.

/DonCherry

thanks jack. these guys are goin a little far. all im sayin is that people my age get drunk in the city of buffalo like every night it seems. but not me, im an idiot all my own. i cant get drunk everyday my body can take that poop, only once in a while, and like i said if you aint from buffalo or have never lived there, dont comment on it cause you really have no idea.

:huh: :huh:

somedays, most days you really leave me perplexed.

:huh: :huh:

somedays, most days you really leave me perplexed.

ok? what do you think im lyin? those stupid downtown clubs are packed every single effin day. and dont tell me that buffalonians dont get disorderly, cause they do alot. im not sayin i do, ive just seen alot being from buffalo. you think you know someone crazy? believe me you dont know what crazy is my friend.

ok? what do you think im lyin? those stupid downtown clubs are packed every single effin day. and dont tell me that buffalonians dont get disorderly, cause they do alot. im not sayin i do, ive just seen alot being from buffalo. you think you know someone crazy? believe me you dont know what crazy is my friend.

HAHA! I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. I was perplexed on the conversation at hand, and where you took it in your last post. that's all. I know crazy, trust me haha! And I never said Buffalonians didn't get disorderly, I just took offense that you were saying it's a Buffalo trait (why, I don't know...rubbed me the wrong way on a Monday morning?). no worries...carry on.

HAHA! I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. I was perplexed on the conversation at hand, and where you took it in your last post. that's all. I know crazy, trust me haha! And I never said Buffalonians didn't get disorderly, I just took offense that you were saying it's a Buffalo trait (why, I don't know...rubbed me the wrong way on a Monday morning?). no worries...carry on.

ok man. its cool.

The Canadiens/Leafs should draft more Eastern Canadien boys.

/DonCherry

Come on, Don Cherry would never go with that pansy european spelling of CanadiAn.

And now for shrader's english lesson of the day: When you capitalize the "B" in Buffalo, you're not talking about an animal.

Come on, Don Cherry would never go with that pansy european spelling of CanadiAn.

And now for shrader's english lesson of the day: When you capitalize the "B" in Buffalo, you're not talking about an animal.

Give it a rest. That's what makes it a play on words, the fact that there is a "double meaning," or a "pun." Obviously they capitalized "Buffalo" to reference the city (ie Kane's home town) while also making reference to the animal of the same name. How are you not familiar with this concept? Our hockey team's name is the "Buffalo (as in the city) Sabres" and yet our logo is a buffalo (the animal).

This has been TSB's common sense lesson of the day. Hope you learned a thing or two.

Archived