Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos & Henrik Lundqvist named Hart Trophy finalists.

What a craptacular list. I don't know how they can possibly include Lundqvist on that list over Quick. Lundqvist had more goal support, a better defense, and even Biron had a fantastic season on that team. Quick was consistently left hung out to dry, had an even more putrid offense in front of him, and his backup didn't even have a .500 record. Without Quick, LA would be comfortably out of the playoffs. Without Lundqvist, I still think the Rangers sneak in as a low seed. And as great as Stamkos was this year, I think an MVP candidate from a team that didn't make the playoffs is a joke. Giroux and Quick were robbed in my opinion.

technically it is the goalie...as he's the only one advancing in the playoffs... :nana:

Well, you could make an argument for any of the three.

-Stamkos is the only non-playoff player. Also the only North American.

-Malkin is the only Russian. Ok, he's the toughest to use that label on among this group.

-Ludqvist is the only goalie and also the only guy Inkman would be will to cross swords with.

And TrueBlue makes a very good point. Quick really should have been in on this one. Lundqvist gets the nod based soley on wins, but it's really tough to hold those 1-0 losses against Quick.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Hitchcock, MacLean, Tortorella finalists for Jack Adams.

I don't know who I would take out or if I ultimately would have voted for him to win, but I think Dineen at least deserved a nomination. If we see the vote tallies it wouldn't surprise me if he finished 4th.

Hitch or Torts.

I think Dineen got hosed. He should have been nominated over Tortorella.

Torts will win because his tirades and douchey personality made for some pretty funny moments, which were then shown and replayed a million times in the media earning him a following of fans and undoubtedly guaranteeing him the award.

Torts doesn't deserve it. Yeah he's a good coach and the Rangers had a great season. But he's been there for a while, he came in with a stacked roster and they were very fortunate in the injurty department this year. Dineen is a rookie coach, 75% of the starting lineup wasn't even with the team last year, and the Panthers had a pretty rough string of injuries about the same time the Sabres did. He managed to win the division and come within an OT goal of getting to the 2nd round (yes I know playoffs aren't considered for the nominations). He should have been nominated over Torts.

Tortorella is only a good coach when the talent is set up for him.

He's done nothing at all with teams "in the middle." And, in fact, has proved that he cannot (2009?). He's not exactly a guy to take over a middle-of-the-road roster and make it something special, like Ruff can.

Tortorella is only a good coach when the talent is set up for him.

He's done nothing at all with teams "in the middle." And, in fact, has proved that he cannot (2009?). He's not exactly a guy to take over a middle-of-the-road roster and make it something special, like Ruff can.

guy has a cup though.

Archived